Photo

For those who sing with soundtracks at church...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Stacy A.

Stacy A.

2500-Post Club

• Members
  • 3,870 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 03:24 PM

I just visited Praise Hymn's website for the first time in a while and they have completely redone everything. Including, adding a download option!!! This is trilling for me because I can't afford to spend $10 on a CD at the store when all I need is one song, so I've been singing the same 5 songs over and over for a couple of years now. rolleyes.gif Now you can download just the version you need for $.99! It isn't available for all songs, but it is on a lot of them. I'm searching for some new songs right now!

Stacy, Wife to Ricky and Mother to Ian and Anna

Posted ImagePosted Image

Romans 1:16-17

#2 jxnsmama

jxnsmama

12500-Post Club

• Hall of Honor
  • 13,716 posts
  • Interests:
    Music, singing, biking, geocaching, reading, cooking

Posted 12 March 2009 - 07:39 AM

That's cool, Stacy. When I sing, it's generally with a pianist. My hang-up is that I don't listen to contemporary Christian music, but I'm often asked to sing it for our Saturday service, and without knowing the songs, I don't know what to download. I see on the site you linked, you can listen to the songs with the vocals. That will be very helpful! Thanks!
Amy

Proud stay-home mom of three awesome boys!

"Young boys should never be sent to bed; they always wake up a day older." - Finding Neverland

"I felt that I was literally standing on a plateau somewhere out there in space that science and technology had allowed me to get to. But now what I was seeing, and even more importantly what I was feeling, science and technology had no answers for. Because there I was and there was the Earth -- dynamic, overwhelming. And I felt that the world has too much purpose, too much logic...it was just too beautiful to have happened by accident. There has to be somebody bigger than you and bigger than me. And I mean this in a spiritual sense, not a religious sense. There has to be a creator of the universe that stands above the religions that we ourselves create to govern our lives."
- Gene Cernan, astronaut, Apollo 10 & 17

#3 Mommy2ATeam

Mommy2ATeam

1000-Post Club

• Members
  • 2,084 posts
  • Interests:
    Music, reading, theater, homeschooling, RA & Fibromyalgia awareness, spending time with my kiddos.

Posted 12 March 2009 - 07:45 AM

That's so great! DH and I almost always sing with a track and normally we have to scour the internet to find a downloadable one. Yay! Now off to find "Our Hope Endures" since I'm doing that one in just a couple of weeks.

ETA: Wow...I clicked on the link and guess what was playing! smile.gif

Edited by Mommy2ATeam, 12 March 2009 - 07:45 AM.

Aubrey

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. --Phillipians 4:7

#4 Stacy A.

Stacy A.

2500-Post Club

• Members
  • 3,870 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:00 AM

QUOTE(jxnsmama @ Mar 12 2009, 08:39 AM) View Post
That's cool, Stacy. When I sing, it's generally with a pianist. My hang-up is that I don't listen to contemporary Christian music, but I'm often asked to sing it for our Saturday service, and without knowing the songs, I don't know what to download. I see on the site you linked, you can listen to the songs with the vocals. That will be very helpful! Thanks!

Praise Hymn also has a lot of traditional hymns available. I have several of them.

Stacy, Wife to Ricky and Mother to Ian and Anna

Posted ImagePosted Image

Romans 1:16-17

#5 Christel

Christel

1000-Post Club

• Members
  • 1,946 posts
  • Interests:
    photography; music; leading worship; college football

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:02 AM

That's awesome! Thanks. I can always use a new source. I usually get mine from http://www.cbd.com. They have hundreds that are downloadable at .99 and often have several on sale for .49.
Chris
Ethan - 20, Chayton - 15, Andrew - 13, Jarett - 12
Kate and Kara - 8, Matthew - 4
Evelyn is 2!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users