• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Code

Code

2500-Post Club

• TS Rewards Member: Gold
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 05:45 PM

Hi I am almost 18, and here in Australia is like *21st* birthdays in America and because it is on a thursday we are doing family dinner out and a couple of drinks to celebrate and then having a party on the friday night. (Chloes and my idea) and I want to thank my parents for all that they have done for me but I dont know a nice way of doing so, any ideas would be helpful

Thanks smile.gif

Edited by Code, 10 May 2009 - 05:46 PM.

ChloePosted ImageCodie
Facebook

The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours - it is an amazing journey - and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins.- Bob Moawad

#2 Donita

Donita

22500-Post Club

• Hall of Honor
  • 24,763 posts
  • Interests:
    Tae Kwon Do, gardening and baseball.

Posted 12 May 2009 - 01:09 PM

Hmmm, I don't know.. I have never really thought about it. How sweet of you. I'm sure anything you do will be loved, but I'll give it some thought.
Donita, Mom to
Brad 8-29-87
Caleb 5-31-90
Daniel 3-29-94
Heather, Megan and Tyler 6-21-95

Be Happy While You're Living For You're a Long Time Dead - Scottish Proverb

"I would like to be able to admire a man's opinions as I would his dog - without being expected to take it home with me."

Frank A. Clark

#3 Code

Code

2500-Post Club

• 3,107 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 01:40 AM

I just want to do something to show them that the life they have given me is amazing, and I'm thankful for it because I am! Plus want to try and let my mum understand that I'm not a baby anymore although I am her youngest child I understand why she doesnt want me to grow up and move away - which she doesnt want, I planned on moving to the other side of Australia - she said no. Wanted to do a gap year overseas before uni - she said no because she doesnt want me to be gone!

I love her heaps smile.gif

Any ideas? smile.gif

ChloePosted ImageCodie
Facebook

The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours - it is an amazing journey - and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins.- Bob Moawad

#4 mommymeg

mommymeg

5000-Post Club

• Hall of Honor
  • 6,743 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 05:31 AM

I think a simple card thanking them for all the opportunities they have given you would be great. Your mom will always think of you as her baby and may just need a reminder of how much you love her and that no matter where in the world you live, you will be in touch and always thinking of her.

Megan
Proud Air Force Wife to DH Jeff

Posted Image

#5 Guest_becky5

Guest_becky5
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2009 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE(mommymeg @ May 16 2009, 06:31 AM) View Post
I think a simple card thanking them for all the opportunities they have given you would be great. Your mom will always think of you as her baby and may just need a reminder of how much you love her and that no matter where in the world you live, you will be in touch and always thinking of her.

I agree with Megan. Just a card with a letter telling them how you feel would be awesome. How very sweet of you. Your mom and dad should be so proud to have raised such a loving, thoughtful, young adult. smile.gif

Happy Birthday!!

#6 tinalb

tinalb

12500-Post Club

• Moderators
  • 14,823 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 03:44 PM

I have to agree with everyone else. Write it down. She will love it & keep it forever. And when you aren't right there with her, she can go back & read it and know how much you love her. It's really sweet of you to think of doing something for her on your birthday. Happy birthday to you!

Tina

Posted Image

"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." Chief Seattle

#7 Code

Code

2500-Post Club

• 3,107 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 07:26 PM

Thank you all for you ideas! I shall get them a nice thankyou card!
Its the way I am, I always put others before myself because I dont like seeing others upset. although our birthday isnt for 3 months its the "BIG" one so its getting planned early and with school I dont have heaps of time actually around my birthday as it will be trials for the hsc!

Thank you all smile.gif

ChloePosted ImageCodie
Facebook

#8 Sara Y

Sara Y

Valued Twinstuff Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 05:15 PM

I also agree with everyone else, and just wanted to suggest that you point out specific
things that you are thankful for.
Check out my new Uppbaby Vista page

#9 CWatsonJr

CWatsonJr

2500-Post Club

• Members
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:
    Computers

Posted 08 September 2009 - 10:42 AM

I have to agree. A hug and a thank you are worth more than a gift. Also, promise to keep in touch with them and keep them up to date on what you are doing while you are away at college.
Cliff Watson

Posted Image David, Michael - 19 Years Old and away on Missions
(David - Paraguay, Asuncion, Michael - Argentina, Buenos Aires North)

#10 Code

Code

2500-Post Club

• 3,107 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 02:48 AM

Thanks for the help, I am going to give them a hug and have a nice family dinner and a drink to celebrate with them, mums just about in tears she feels so old. My older brother and her were cleaning my nephews room and she goes "I cant chuck these out" talking about toys that were ours and she was almost crying! :( it was sad!

ChloePosted ImageCodie
Facebook

#11 Brizzy_Twins

Brizzy_Twins

2500-Post Club

• 2,696 posts
  • Interests:
    music, computers, friends, cooking, singing, making websites, reading, writing, Wildlife warriors, scrapbooking, songwriting, photography, making home videos.. and lots more

Posted 17 September 2009 - 05:06 AM

Codie,
I agree with everyone else. A nice thank you card is great. Writing down your thoughts is always a precious gift. What Alisha and I did also, was make a video of the two of us from when we were born till now.. and we showed it at our 18th this year. Just an idea, dont no whether you'd like to do something similar. :)
I'm Tamara - Identical Twin Sister to Alisha from Brisbane, Australia
Stage 2 - TTTS Survivors and Born 16 Weeks Premature
Tamara & Alisha (22 Years Old) 22 May 1991
Email me: tamara@maraslastingmemories.com

Mara's Lasting Memories: Digital Media Business:

"Dont Let them fade away with time, affordable prices for all your digital needs."
My Website|| My Business Facebook Page||

#12 Heathermomof6

Heathermomof6

10000-Post Club

• Hall of Honor
  • 11,889 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 09:12 PM

As a mother, that is the sweetest thing ever! I would have cried my eyes out watching that video! what a sweet idea!! I feel your mom's pain - I can't imagine one of my kids moving to the other side of the country either! It is hard enough to let my 15yr old go to the mall12 miles from here!
Posted Image x 3 (94,96,98)
Posted Image 2007
Posted Image 2011

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 Code

Code

2500-Post Club

• 3,107 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 12:01 AM

I let them know how much I am thankful for last week at my party, it was amazing!

Heather my plans have changed I plan on going overseas at the end of next year depending on if I get into university this year or wait and go the year after, she says NO to Ireland but YES to Iceland as we have a cousin there who I am close to.

Growing up happens to fast!! :(

ChloePosted ImageCodie
Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users