• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 LV twinmama

LV twinmama

1000-Post Club

• Members
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:25 PM

I have 2 1/2 yr old twin. It took 3 rounds of IVF to get them here. We are headed back to the doctor on Thursday to get the ball rolling. I don't have any frozen left. It took all of them each time. I have only 1 ovary and 1 tube and to make a long story short I don't get a lot of embryos and we were worried when only 2 made it to blasts and then thrilled when they both implanted. I am so ready for more babies but I am dreading the process.

The past week I have really been haveing recurring feelings about infertility that I had before I had the kids. I know I have twins now but it is all coming back. Where did that come from. I don't know if that is normal or what is going on

Edited by LV twinmama, 30 March 2010 - 06:47 PM.

Melissa
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
After being diagnosed with infertility we are so blessed to have 4 miracles.

#2 maybell

maybell

2500-Post Club

• Members
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:51 PM

so sorry for all the IF feelings coming back! I hope you have a wonderful consult and great lab work to help get you off to a great start!

Shelley ~ twins + 1

HLVgm5.png
b830m5.png

#3 LV twinmama

LV twinmama

1000-Post Club

• Members
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 02:23 PM

Well, We will be harvesting eggs on 4/26 or so and then freezing and doing a FET the end of May. Doing a FEt is what worked with my current twins and is what the doctor recommended. I am so excited and stressed/scared at the same time. Wish us luck.
Melissa
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 maybell

maybell

2500-Post Club

• Members
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 05:56 PM

wow, that's interesting... so are you fertilizing the embryos at harvest? and then freezing embryos? or freezing eggs?

what is the reasoning for not doing a fresh cycle? I'm curious. I wish you the best! I'm sure you are excited and yet apprehensive!! good luck!

Shelley ~ twins + 1

HLVgm5.png
b830m5.png

#5 LV twinmama

LV twinmama

1000-Post Club

• Members
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 10:40 PM

wow, that's interesting... so are you fertilizing the embryos at harvest? and then freezing embryos? or freezing eggs?

what is the reasoning for not doing a fresh cycle? I'm curious. I wish you the best! I'm sure you are excited and yet apprehensive!! good luck!

We fertilize at harvest and then freeze. My dr is currently doing a trial trying to prove that the odds are better. I was on the pretrial to get pregnant wtih my twins. My eggs developed slowly and I couldn't implant the first round becasue of it so doing a FET makes the timing easier to manipulate.

We I started my shots yesterday and hoping for a retrieval on 4/26. Wish me luck. and lots of eggs.
Melissa
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 maybell

maybell

2500-Post Club

• Members
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 12:30 PM

interesting. I hope it works for you!! and that's neat that your dr is doing a trial relating to FET. I know they say that the thaw rate is about 50%, but our frozen embryo did thaw great... just didn't implant, so I guess we made it past the 50% thaw rate, but not the implantation rate.

I hope you get lots of eggs to fertilize! your time is coming up! Wow, started shots yesterday! good luck!

Shelley ~ twins + 1

HLVgm5.png
b830m5.png

#7 TwinLove

TwinLove

35000-Post Club

• Hall of Honor
  • 37,628 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 01:23 PM

Melissa, :hug: Good luck with everything. I'm keeping everything crossed for you. :hug:

Liz Posted Image

Proud Mama to Anthony & Angelina who entered the world on June 6, 2006 at 39 weeks... and ... Alexander who entered the world on
October 6, 2011 at 40 weeks!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 maybell

maybell

2500-Post Club

• Members
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 12:36 PM

good luck, hope your cycle is proceeding as expected! I know you'd said your expected retrieval would be tomorrow...

Shelley ~ twins + 1

HLVgm5.png
b830m5.png

#9 LV twinmama

LV twinmama

1000-Post Club

• Members
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:34 PM

good luck, hope your cycle is proceeding as expected! I know you'd said your expected retrieval would be tomorrow...

It was put off until today but they got 12 eggs from 12 follicles so miracles do happen. Lets hope lot fertilize.
Melissa
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 maybell

maybell

2500-Post Club

• Members
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 10:26 PM

wow - 12 eggs! good luck on the fertilization and growth! I hope you get the perfect number for your family.

Shelley ~ twins + 1

HLVgm5.png
b830m5.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users