• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

#1 Twinrific

Twinrific

7500-Post Club

• Moderators
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:38 PM

Wow it's been quiet in here! I know the guys are busy with a trip (I'm still jealous!) and the rest of you are probably enjoying Summer (more jealousy)

Everyone knows my news by now so nothing new on our side. Waiting for our first scan on Friday to do a head count and see if everything is going well (if my nausea is any indication things are going very well) Posted Image

And it's COLD! I really do prefer Summer, poor Bruto has been spending all his time under our bed covers so I think he's also not in love with winter.

How is everyone? Codie did you get a new car yet? Joyce thinking of you all the time! Geks post a bit, you're quiet!

And someone choose a QOTT I'm out of questions :p

2g.gif I'm Brenda, Identical twin sister to Gerda
Co-Moderator of the Fertility & Infertility and 19+ Forums

MOGVktB.jpgMOGVp2.png

#2 Code

Code

2500-Post Club

• TS Rewards Member: Gold
  • 3,105 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:33 PM

I am also jealous about their trip!!

It is winter here also and freezing cold, the wind is horrible.

Brenda I am so happy for you :) I hope your scan goes well on Friday, how exciting it must be for you both :D

Yes I did, I picked it up on Saturday, it is so cute! Such a good little car and so cheap on fuel, have done 200km on this tank and it has not even used 1/4 :)

Poor Bruto, Bam would be doing that to but my parents don't allow him under their blankets but he has his own bed with frame, pillow top mattress, blanket and pillow it is so funny to see, of course he doesn't sleep on it though he sleeps right against mums side on her bed or under the blankets keeping me warm when I go home which isn't often.

Because it is cold, it is perfect curl up somewhere and watch a movie weather (or a read a book), what is your favorite movie? could be the question. :)

ChloePosted ImageCodie
Facebook

The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours - it is an amazing journey - and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins.- Bob Moawad

#3 Twinrific

Twinrific

7500-Post Club

• Moderators
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:16 AM

Thank you Codie!

Glad you're happy with your car!

Favourite movie, hmmm I'm never good at picking favourites! Dead poet's Society was a good one ;)

MOGVktB.jpgMOGVp2.png

#4 TwinG

TwinG

1000-Post Club

• 2,118 posts
  • Interests:
    Trail running, rock climbing, hiking, reading ...

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:41 AM

Hi Everyone, good to see everyone is still well, and Joyce it was nice to see you are back as well!

Favourite movie: always difficult to choose, so for now lets say; August Rush. Brenda, dead poet's society is definitely an all time favourite as well.

I'm doing well, we've had a lot of changes lately (like me resigning from work, and we're in Cape Town :ibiggrin: ). For us it is quite a leap of faith so I hope everything will work out alright

My boring story for the day:
Baxter (my loving dog that constantly makes me 10 years older) had a bit of an accident last week with a cat and the cat scratched his eye - he had to have an operation, the vet thinks he's vision will be 100% again, depending on how long it takes the infection to clear up. I'm giving him eye droplets every hour and he has pain and anti-inflammation medication. I felt sorry for the cat (because Baxter really doesn't like cats and usually hurts them badly) until I heard what happened , now I'm judging my dog's intelligence :p. What happened according to our neighbor: Bax was curious as to what our neighbors were doing so he went and put his head through their cat door, the door is to small for him to fit through so he can only put his head in (is it just me? but I think this had to look hilarious) well obviously he spotted the cat and promptly started barking at it, but the idiot didn't realise he is immobile and the cat has no restrictions, so the cat scratched him. CP heard the commotion and went to help the neighbor to pull them apart. (The cat didn't get hurt at all). So if we have the who is better debate, cats or dogs, I will definitely know who to side with when it comes to intelligence :p (it's funny to me now that I know Bax is going to be alright and he is playing and jumping around like usual)

Edited by TwinG, 07 July 2011 - 04:49 AM.

I'm Gerda twin sis to Brenda, We're identical twins

"Be who you are and say what you feel,because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind"

#5 Code

Code

2500-Post Club

• 3,105 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 05:24 AM

I haven't heard of Dead poet's society, will have to look it up! August Rush is an amazing movie! :wub:

:laughing: I am sorry Gerda to laugh at Baxter but it would of been funny to see this dog sticking his head through the cat door! Glad he is ok! :)

I don't have just one, I love so many that it is hard to pick just one. I can watch Sea people and cry every time, it is an amazing movie. Drop dead Fred is another I grew up watching but love it as an adult getting the adult humor that went over my head when I was young obviously ;) loving Burlesques to!

ChloePosted ImageCodie
Facebook

The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours - it is an amazing journey - and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins.- Bob Moawad

#6 TwinPeshi

TwinPeshi

10000-Post Club

• 11,465 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:14 AM

Wow it's been quiet in here! I know the guys are busy with a trip (I'm still jealous!) and the rest of you are probably enjoying Summer (more jealousy)

I am also jealous about their trip!!

We have to travel to make up for the rest of you who like to talk about it but never do (according to the Canadian customs people who were conducting pointless but intrusive interrogations on departure we travel too frequently and to too many countries :rolleyes:).

I'm doing well, we've had a lot of changes lately (like me resigning from work, and we're in Cape Town :ibiggrin: ). For us it is quite a leap of faith so I hope everything will work out alright

Sounds interesting. Are you going to look for work in Cape Town?

I don't watch films. I think they are boring. Richard and I bought a DVD of an Icelandic television programme for our brother and it is quite good.

Adrian

#7 TwinG

TwinG

1000-Post Club

• 2,118 posts
  • Interests:

Posted 08 July 2011 - 04:23 AM

Codie I haven't heard of any of those fims? I'll have to go and see them

Sounds interesting. Are you going to look for work in Cape Town?

Yip, I'm already doing contract work, looking for more contract work and CP is also looking for a new job, it is time he moves from company as well.

That reminds me,on Tuesday I flew in the cockpit all the way to Cape Town! it was so interesting! and I couldn't believe my luck, I was waiting outside (whilst everyone stands in a long line to get on the plane, I rather sit for a couple more minutes and go in when the line is shorter) - one of the flight crew people approached me and asked if I were flying alone, when I said yes, they told me they were overbooked and a mom with two children need another chair and if I wouldn't mind flying in the jump seat :D. I obviously didn't mind :p

according to the Canadian customs people who were conducting pointless but intrusive interrogations on departure we travel too frequently and to too many countries

:rolleyes: That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, the more countries the more often you visit, the better! idiots.

"Be who you are and say what you feel,because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind"

#8 TwinRichard

TwinRichard

10000-Post Club

• 10,547 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 04:45 AM

That reminds me,on Tuesday I flew in the cockpit all the way to Cape Town! it was so interesting! and I couldn't believe my luck, I was waiting outside (whilst everyone stands in a long line to get on the plane, I rather sit for a couple more minutes and go in when the line is shorter) - one of the flight crew people approached me and asked if I were flying alone, when I said yes, they told me they were overbooked and a mom with two children need another chair and if I wouldn't mind flying in the jump seat . I obviously didn't mind

My turn to be jealous :p I have been in the cockpit of several aeroplanes but it has been years. It sounds very interesting though!

That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, the more countries the more often you visit, the better! idiots.

I have a theory that all immigrations/customs officials never leave whatever country they work in so they don't understand why anybody else would want to either.
Posted Image

#9 TwinPeshi

TwinPeshi

10000-Post Club

• 11,465 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 04:49 AM

That reminds me,on Tuesday I flew in the cockpit all the way to Cape Town! it was so interesting! and I couldn't believe my luck, I was waiting outside (whilst everyone stands in a long line to get on the plane, I rather sit for a couple more minutes and go in when the line is shorter) - one of the flight crew people approached me and asked if I were flying alone, when I said yes, they told me they were overbooked and a mom with two children need another chair and if I wouldn't mind flying in the jump seat :D. I obviously didn't mind

Another reason to visit South Africa. You can't do that in some countries anymore unfortunately.

Adrian

#10 TwinG

TwinG

1000-Post Club

• 2,118 posts
  • Interests:

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:10 AM

My turn to be jealous I have been in the cockpit of several aeroplanes but it has been years. It sounds very interesting though!

One of our friends (Coenie) is a pilot, so I've been in a couple of planes as well, but mostly when we fly with him it is in the small 4 carrier planes, so was very interesting to see the 737. So much more electronics and rules! The pilots were also very friendly so they answered all my curious questions.

Another reason to visit South Africa. You can't do that in some countries anymore unfortunately.

I was also surprised, I thought it wasn't allowed here anymore either, obviously I was wrong. They probably do it just in cases like this, probably won't allow it on request? Will have to ask Coenie about that.

I have a theory that all immigrations/customs officials never leave whatever country they work in so they don't understand why anybody else would want to either.

I will support your theory!

#11 Kendra

Kendra

25000-Post Club

• Moderators
  • 26,189 posts
  • Interests:
    reading, royalty, multiples

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:54 AM

I saw Brenda's news (via Gerda) Very exciting.

I'm still dealing with my joints. I actually finger typing right now because my right hand is painful to get my hand in typing position. The hematologist says my blood work rhematoid factor is off but he can't read them so I see a rheumatologist on Aug 22.

I'm not really a movie person but I love Gosford Park.

Kendra
identical twin to Connie

The Good Enough Crafter (my blog)

#12 Joyce

Joyce

5000-Post Club

• Members
  • 5,170 posts
  • Interests:
    Reading, Science fiction, Religion, Genetics, Twins, Stargate!!

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:39 AM

Gonna take the time tonight to reply to everything ;) Hope your all doing well!
<- My nephew Jonathan and niece Gilana in the avatar picture

~When the door of life is closed,
The window of memories opens...~

I am Joyce, one of 26 year old (probably identical) Posted Image twins

Proud aunt to Jonathan (22 July 2009) and Gilana (15 July 2010)

#13 Twinrific

Twinrific

7500-Post Club

• Moderators
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 01:56 PM

I'm (jealously) ignoring all the travel talk..

Kendra I'm so sorry you're still in so much pain and discomfort, it must be very frustrating to wait so long for answers and help. Hope you'll have some relieve soon!

MOGVktB.jpgMOGVp2.png

#14 Joyce

Joyce

5000-Post Club

• Members
  • 5,170 posts
  • Interests:
    Reading, Science fiction, Religion, Genetics, Twins, Stargate!!

Posted 09 July 2011 - 06:24 AM

Having a hard time thinking of a favorite movie, anything Star trek and Stargate at least. But I do have alot of other favorites that I cannot seem to think of right now. Forrest Gump, Jesus, Harry Potter are all favorites of mine.

Gerda, cute story about Baxter, good to hear he is alright. Funny though because Shelley has recently gotten a dog (Jessie) that she brought to my dads house when my cat (Loki) was there to, and Loki and him got into a fight as well. Jessie actually just wanted to play with Loki, but appparently Loki felt threatened and attacked him :lol: Was very funny when we knew both were alright.

You flew in the cockpit of a plane! Wow that is fantastic :D Would of love to do that at some point!

Sorry you are still having issues Kendra, hopefully you will soon have some answers as to what's going on. Hope you feel better soon :)

Speaking of travel: I booked a vacation yesterday to Macedonia!! Frances, me and a friend of ours will be going there for 7 days and the end of september/beginning october :D
I am just so very excited to be going away for a few days, not to mention flying for the second time in my life! :lol:

Edited by Joyce, 09 July 2011 - 06:24 AM.

<- My nephew Jonathan and niece Gilana in the avatar picture

~When the door of life is closed,
The window of memories opens...~

I am Joyce, one of 26 year old (probably identical) Posted Image twins

Proud aunt to Jonathan (22 July 2009) and Gilana (15 July 2010)

#15 TwinRichard

TwinRichard

10000-Post Club

• 10,547 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 06:54 AM

Speaking of travel: I booked a vacation yesterday to Macedonia!! Frances, me and a friend of ours will be going there for 7 days and the end of september/beginning october
I am just so very excited to be going away for a few days, not to mention flying for the second time in my life!

Sounds nice. I wouldn't mind going to Macedonia at some point. Are you leaving from Schipol?
Posted Image

#16 Twinrific

Twinrific

7500-Post Club

• Moderators
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 12:10 PM

Speaking of travel: I booked a vacation yesterday to Macedonia!! Frances, me and a friend of ours will be going there for 7 days and the end of september/beginning october :D
I am just so very excited to be going away for a few days, not to mention flying for the second time in my life! :lol:

That sounds very nice and I think it will be good for you! I'm excited for you!

Closest I'm getting to that is that we're flying to Cape Town in the beginning of August. My dad is turning 60 so we're all celebrating with him there (yes they're also flying down) and my brother is opening a new warehouse (a green project) for his company so we're supporting him in the launch. Looking forward to visiting with family!

MOGVktB.jpgMOGVp2.png

#17 Kendra

Kendra

25000-Post Club

• Moderators
  • 26,189 posts
  • Interests:
    reading, royalty, multiples

Posted 09 July 2011 - 04:46 PM

I'm going to Macedonia too! Macedonia, Ohio. ;) (it's next to Twinsburg)

Kendra
identical twin to Connie

The Good Enough Crafter (my blog)

#18 TwinPeshi

TwinPeshi

10000-Post Club

• 11,465 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 07:44 PM

Speaking of travel: I booked a vacation yesterday to Macedonia!! Frances, me and a friend of ours will be going there for 7 days and the end of september/beginning october

I want to go to Macedonia too. It sounds like an interesting place.

I'm going to Macedonia too! Macedonia, Ohio.

Hopefully Joyce has made sure she booked the flight to the Macedonia she intends to visit :p There are occasional news articles about people that fly to Sydney, Nova Scotia intending to travel to Sydney, New South Wales.

Adrian

#19 TwinRichard

TwinRichard

10000-Post Club

• 10,547 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:22 PM

Closest I'm getting to that is that we're flying to Cape Town in the beginning of August. My dad is turning 60 so we're all celebrating with him there (yes they're also flying down) and my brother is opening a new warehouse (a green project) for his company so we're supporting him in the launch. Looking forward to visiting with family!

I thought your mother didn't like flying?
Posted Image

#20 TwinG

TwinG

1000-Post Club

• 2,118 posts
  • Interests:

Posted 10 July 2011 - 01:49 AM

Kendra I hope you get more answers (and solutions!) on the 22nd, good luck. It's terrible to be in pain and get no answers

Gerda, cute story about Baxter, good to hear he is alright. Funny though because Shelley has recently gotten a dog (Jessie) that she brought to my dads house when my cat (Loki) was there to, and Loki and him got into a fight as well. Jessie actually just wanted to play with Loki, but appparently Loki felt threatened and attacked him Was very funny when we knew both were alright

I can imagine it was also funny (as soon as you knew they were fine) :) Baxter's eye is a lot better now.

I am just so very excited to be going away for a few days, not to mention flying for the second time in my life!

That is so great! I'm jealous again :p. Something nice to look forward to.

It's going to be such a nice weekend! CP and I was at the warehouse again yesterday, it is really nice. I won't mind the views they are going to have in my office someday!

I thought your mother didn't like flying?

She doesn't! It took quite a lot of convincing from all of us!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users