Fused plastic bag crafts

1 reply to this topic

#1 becasquared

becasquared

10000-Post Club

• Administrators
  • 10,475 posts
  • Interests:
    Catching the bus at 5:30 in the morning.
    Coffee.
    Sleep.
    Ask me about my VAJAJAY!

Posted 23 July 2011 - 06:00 PM

So, I made a few reusable sandwich baggies with some fused plastic bags (google for tutorial) and I have to say that I have a new favorite way of reusing/recycling grocery bags.

Basically, I got some parchment paper, some grocery bags, some cute remnant fabric from JoAnn's and trim. I fused plastic bags together with my iron/parchment paper creating one sheet of thickish plastic, then basically quilted the fabric to the plastic sheet. Then I cut out a pattern for the lunch bags, sewed the trim and the velcro on first, then sewed up the sides. They look fantastic and I'm going to make another set tonight for Royce's lunch bags.

And if those munchkins didn't destroy my camera, I'd upload a picture.
bex
moderator of Twinstuff Club
Want to be a Big Sister or get a Big Sister? Ask me how!

Support your Twinstuff Community, become a member!

Posted Image

"If you don't want the truth, don't ask me. If you want something sugarcoated, go eat a donut." - a great friend of mine

#2 Dielle

Dielle

7500-Post Club

• Members
  • 7,571 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:41 AM

Sounds cute! I'd love to see a picture when your camera works. I'd heard of fusing the bags together, but have never done it. I have cut them into strips and crocheted with them, though.

Sage (May '98), Trey (Mar '00), Adam (Nov '02), Sydney & Sabrina (Dec '05), Spencer (May '09)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Come see my Etsy shop

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users