Uses for fleece fabric?

9 replies to this topic

#1 rissakaye

rissakaye

5000-Post Club

• Moderators
  • 5,386 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:45 AM

Timothy found a fleece fabric that he really loves. It has bowling pins and bowling stuff on it. It seems to me to be more of a craft kind of a print than a make clothes out of print.

I know the most popular thing to do is get a second piece and make the tie edge blankets with it. My hesitation is that he has plenty of small blankets already. My mom quilts and has made each child 3 small blankets. I knit and made them each one. Plus, our old neighbor gave them some blankets that both of the kids just adore and those are actually the ones the kids travel with and sleep with. We're not short of special, small blankets.

The only other idea I've had is making a set of pillow cases for his bed with the fleece.

I'm just looking for ideas. What do you do with fleece?

Marissa
wife to Joe- May 15, 1998
Posted Image Timothy James and Sarah Grace Jan. 17, 2004 @37 weeks 6lbs 3ozs each
daughter of male half of b/g twins

Please visit my Etsy shop! Hand knitted items to fit American Girl or other 18" dolls KnitsbyRissakaye

#2 becasquared

becasquared

10000-Post Club

• Administrators
  • 10,400 posts
  • Interests:
    Catching the bus at 5:30 in the morning.
    Coffee.
    Sleep.
    Ask me about my VAJAJAY!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:52 AM

I buy fleece remnants and make dog toys with them. Cut into strips, knot one side and braid very tightly. If you have tennis balls, you can cut two holes on opposite sides and thread that on the dog toy. Then tie the top in a knot.

Or make pillows.
bex
moderator of Twinstuff Club
Want to be a Big Sister or get a Big Sister? Ask me how!

Support your Twinstuff Community, become a member!

Posted Image

"If you don't want the truth, don't ask me. If you want something sugarcoated, go eat a donut." - a great friend of mine

#3 Leighann

Leighann

12500-Post Club

• Hall of Honor
  • 13,467 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:55 AM

Duvet cover for winter? Giant pillow case cover for a floor pillow?

-Leighann 
sp7Gm5.png

#4 angelsmom2001

angelsmom2001

10000-Post Club

• Hall of Honor
  • 10,274 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:27 AM

How about a floor mat? My girls love to watch TV or read while lying on the floor in the living room (okay so the only room in the house that isn't a bedroom or kitchen). They often will bring a blanket down because they don't like to lay on the rug, sometimes they put Wii yoga mat underneath the blanket.
<----------Summer fun

Posted Image
Posted Image

Molly mom to AndreaPosted Image
Holly and Cassie Posted Image
Tupperware consultant at your service! For more info contact me at MollyP@my2.tupperware.com

#5 Dielle

Dielle

7500-Post Club

• Members
  • 7,570 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:23 PM

You could still make a scarf for him or fun play hat (and a scarf is easy enough that he could do it), even though the print isn't a normal one you'd think of for clothing. Maybe a travel pillow? The other ideas sound good, too.

Sage (May '98), Trey (Mar '00), Adam (Nov '02), Sydney & Sabrina (Dec '05), Spencer (May '09)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Come see my Etsy shop

#6 Julie L

Julie L

1000-Post Club

• Members
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:16 PM

I've made mittens, scarves, and gaiters (sew a tube that stretches to go over their head and then covers like a scarf without the long ends).

I've seen scarves where you sew two pieces together down the middle, the cut into strips so it's a big long fringe.
Julie
AKA Zach, Ethan, Cassie's mom
Posted Image Zach 12 yrs. old
Posted Image Ethan Nicholas and Cassandra Rose 9 yrs. old

Posted Image

#7 rissakaye

rissakaye

5000-Post Club

• Moderators
  • 5,386 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:36 PM

I've still not come up with a good idea for the fleece. So it still sits at the store. I knit also so I've already knitted him hats and scarves.

What Timothy is really wanted now is a knitted dinosaur. I made his cousin one for the cousin's bday. Timothy wants one, except he wants to change the colors to be absolutely ridiculous. So my next project for him is probably going to be an electric blue dinosaur with a neon orange stomach w/lime green and purple toenails w/multi-colored spots and spine ridge. Even I'm curious to see how that works out.

Marissa
wife to Joe- May 15, 1998
Posted Image Timothy James and Sarah Grace Jan. 17, 2004 @37 weeks 6lbs 3ozs each
daughter of male half of b/g twins

Please visit my Etsy shop! Hand knitted items to fit American Girl or other 18" dolls KnitsbyRissakaye

#8 moski

moski

22500-Post Club

• Moderators
  • 23,679 posts
  • Interests:
    My Kids, The Beach, Red Sox, Patriots, Shopping, Cooking, and Fun

Posted 12 September 2011 - 09:48 PM

What about just making him some pajama/lounging pants? Or a hat or scarf?

Maureen
Moderator of 5-11 and Book Club Forums
Mom to Three Funny Kids
Nolan 2-15-05
Meghan 2-15-05
Liam 1-25-07

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Seuss

#9 TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom

5000-Post Club

• Members
  • 7,306 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:11 PM

We do tie blankets and scarves usually. We've also done travel size pillows. My gma used to make me jackets out of fleece and Ives seen ponchos
TabbiSue Single MOM to Jazzlyn Ranee 4lbs 9oz....Jesslyn Dunae 2lbs. 13oz....Born Oct. 25th 2005 @ 34 weeks and 1 day due to IUGR and 2 vessel cord.
1 Year! Jazz 21lbs 4oz Jess 17lbs 4oz
2 Years Jazz 29lbs 35 1/2 in Jess 24lbs 33 1/2 in
4 years jazz 36lbs Jessy 30lbs
Jessy's Open Heart Suregery to correct ASD 1/7/10(2/15/10 went back to school)

RIP "Pa" Troy Lee Dooley 1/9/10
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 sharongl

sharongl

20000-Post Club

• Hall of Honor
  • 22,174 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:49 AM

if you can sew, a fleece jacket isn't too hard to make (the zipper is the only real hard part), and the back is big enough for the print. There are patterns where you can use a solid for the contrast on the sleeves to tone the print down. I did that for my boys a few years ago and they loved the jackets.

Sharon
Married to Jeff
Proud parents of Marcus and Jonathan born June 27, 2002

Planning for the 2014 11th Annual East Coast Gathering is underway! The 2014 Gathering will take place at Dorney Park in Allentown, PA. Contact me if you are interested in joining us!

gallery_25881_207_4877.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users