• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 christinam

christinam

1000-Post Club

• Members
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:36 AM

I'm teaching preschool this year. It's going well. I'm using Abeka for phonics and doing it at a much slower pace than they recommend. They teach vowels first and I feel we've been stuck on I and U forever. Well this week I picked up the pace and DD knows all her vowels! She can give me the sounds for each and write then fairly well. We're still working on Ee. I'm excited to finally be making progress!!!

#2 NINI H

NINI H

1000-Post Club

• Members
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:58 AM

Great! You know I think for some children, the sounds of the vowels are so similar that it takes a while for them to get the difference. I know that my little guys had difficulty with "E" for some reason. The got all the others easily. When trying to get them to say the sound appropriately, I took them to the mirror. Not until then did I realize what small differences you make with your mouth to change the sounds when it comes vowels. Dummy me! Anyways, I'm glad it's clicking!!!

My guys know most if not all the other sounds from just being exposed to them. They are now trying to spell everything. So mommy better get on the ball quickly!

Sounds like you made it over your first hump! Congratulations!!!
Posted Image

#3 Stacy A.

Stacy A.

2500-Post Club

• Members
  • 3,870 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 09:41 AM

Woo, hoo! I love that moment when something just clicks!

Stacy, Wife to Ricky and Mother to Ian and Anna

Posted ImagePosted Image

Romans 1:16-17

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users