7 replies to this topic

#1 twinboys86

twinboys86

Valued Twinstuff Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:26 PM

I talked to my dr about my ab separation today and he is sending me to a surgeon to get his opinion. I saw one last year and he had said give it more time (my twins are 2). The dr today said he could feel my intestines and he could actually feel my aorta pulsating through the gap. Anyways, everything I have read online says that it is really hard to get insurance to pay for the prodecure to even fix it. So if you have had it done, what is your experience with dealing with the insurance?? I have Tricare if anyone can relate.

#2 twinboys86

twinboys86

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 01:58 AM

No one????? :sorry:

#3 sullivanre

sullivanre

5000-Post Club

• Members
  • 5,844 posts
  • Interests:
    Sociology (Race Relations; Family; Sexuality), Politics, Current Events

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:43 AM

Mine wasn't bad enough to fix, but theydidfix my umbical hernia. And the surgeon said I'd have to get a plastic surgeon if I wanted it fixed. Doyou know if you have a hernia at all?
Rachel Mom to
Lena Adaora 5/13/10 9lbs 3oz, 19 inches

Eli Matthew 6/13/08 7lbs 3oz., 19 inches
Mark Emmanuel 6/13/08 6lbs 5oz., 18 inches

Step Mom to Branden Uche 1/4/00

#4 DeniseT

DeniseT

1000-Post Club

• Members
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 12:39 PM

I'd love to get mine fixed, but it's considered cosmetic and not covered by insurance. I did have my umbilical hernia repaired though. If we have more kids and the separation gets worse, I may consider getting it repaired.

Your comments about feeling things pulsating made me squeamish! Did they say how big of a separation you have? Mine is under 2 fingerwidths. But still makes my stomach protrude after eating, which makes me self-conscious. If you have intestines and other things "popping through" though, maybe it wouldn't be considered cosmetic and insurance would cover it. Keep us posted, I'm always interested when these ab separation posts come up.

Edited by DeniseT, 27 October 2011 - 12:40 PM.

Denise

Mommy to:
Grant Edward 5 lbs 14 oz
Allison Marie 5 lbs 6 oz
born 3/25/08 at 36 weeks 2 days

Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 KellyJ

KellyJ

500-Post Club

• Members
  • 509 posts
  • Interests:
    I am a part time veterinary Technician/receptionist/ do eveything person and a full time mom. I love taking care of my wonderful sons: Aaron (11/21/03) and ID twin boys,Nathan and Jacob (6/15/06). Nate and Jake have autism, and they are wonderful, loving cherrished boys. All of our lives have been changed and enriched forever.

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:12 AM

From what I understand about Tricare, it will cover just about anything like that, even elective procedures, yu just might have to wait a bit to have it done. If yo uhan feel internal organs and your pulse from the major artery going up the middle of your body, I would say get it done before something bad happens. Any insurance would cover that situation.
ycCYm5.png
.png

If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way.
- Bertrand Russell

#6 KCMichigan

KCMichigan

2500-Post Club

• Members
  • 4,154 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:58 AM

Mine wasn't bad enough to fix, but theydidfix my umbical hernia. And the surgeon said I'd have to get a plastic surgeon if I wanted it fixed. Doyou know if you have a hernia at all?

Ditto this. Insurance would not cover it at all since it is cosmetic and not a health hazard. Hernia fixed, seperation not.
Posted Image

#7 3under2!

3under2!

500-Post Club

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:31 PM

I know this is an old thread, but wanted to post this link here in case anyone would find it useful. It is a blog I follow, she had a whole series on this with some useful info. Hope it helps somebody! http://www.raisingar...ms-perspective/
Me: Miriam
DH: Pinchas
DD: Rivky- 8.19.2010
Frat G/G Twins: Born 36+1, 1.16.2012
Chana'le- 10:59 am 4lbs 8 oz- 18 days in NICU
Mushka- 11:11 am 5 lbs- 12 days in NICU

#8 PurplePenguin

PurplePenguin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:03 AM

I talked to my dr about my ab separation today and he is sending me to a surgeon to get his opinion. I saw one last year and he had said give it more time (my twins are 2). The dr today said he could feel my intestines and he could actually feel my aorta pulsating through the gap. Anyways, everything I have read online says that it is really hard to get insurance to pay for the prodecure to even fix it. So if you have had it done, what is your experience with dealing with the insurance?? I have Tricare if anyone can relate.

This isn't answering your question, but I just posted something similar to this: http://www.twinstuff...90#entry1847690
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users