2 replies to this topic

#1 sstroessner404

sstroessner404

Valued Twinstuff Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:48 PM

Such sad, disappointing news. Not pregnant. Found out the day before thanksgiving. This was a one embryo transfer FET. We now have one remaining embryo and I'm trying not to be terrified that it won't work either. So, anyone have any happy stories of doing one transfer at a time where the first one didn't work out but the second one ended with a baby?
Posted Image

#2 Twinrific

Twinrific

7500-Post Club

• Moderators
  • 9,486 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:09 PM

I'm so sorry about the BFN, an unsuccessful cycle is never easy :hug: I don't have any experiences with FET's (because none of my IVF's resulted in enough embryos to be able to freeze any.) so I can't help with any advice there, sorry!

However I've heard the chance of falling pregnant with one embryo vs two is very similar. You'd think your chances are much higher with two but apparently that isn't the case statistically. (however I'm not sure if that is just with fresh IVF cycles) I sincerely hope you have success with your next FET. Good luck!

2g.gif I'm Brenda, Identical twin sister to Gerda
Co-Moderator of the Fertility & Infertility and 19+ Forums

MOGVktB.jpgMOGVp2.png

#3 Heathermomof6

Heathermomof6

10000-Post Club

• Hall of Honor
  • 11,889 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:15 AM

Yep - my 2 nd FET baby is 4 months old now. I only transferred one the first time (2009) and while my HCG numbers went up and technically I got a BFP we never saw a heartbeat and my numbers went down I had to have a D&C. My New RE (we moved and I had my embryos flown to MO) refused to transfer only one. He said that it is very common for FETs to either end like mine did or just not take - so Nov 11,2010 we transferred 2 ( one they knew would not survive, we transferred it anyway) and Easton was born in July 2011.

I am sorry about the BFN but don't loose hope. :grouphug:
Posted Image x 3 (94,96,98)
Posted Image 2007
Posted Image 2011

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users