#1 twinstuff

twinstuff

35000-Post Club

• Hall of Honor
  • 38,828 posts
  • Interests:
    sports, reading, movies

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:48 AM

First off, I want to apologize for my lack of posts and active participation here in the Twinstuff community as of late (many of you may not even have noticed me spending less time on the boards here as my posts tend to be in the entertainment or twin-themed forums since my children are a little older than many of the other parents here).

As Twinstuff approaches its official 13th anniversary online (technically we've been on the web since late-summer 1998, but our online community boards started in December, 1998), I just find myself having other personal and family responsibilities detract from my administrative duties here. This happens to all of us and many long-time mods and administrators have reluctantly had to make this same type of time commitment change lately as well. I need to thank both these former mods and admins and current mods again for their commitment to the site and ability to keep it vibrant and meaningful.

Anyway, I know there has been some confusion and rumors swirling around regarding the future of the site and I wanted to clarify any confusion if I can. Right now there are no plans to change the Twinstuff community in any way or to close down these forums. I apologize again for some downtime we had on Friday, Dec. 16; it was an unintentional technical issue which has since been resolved. The future of Twinstuff will have to be readdressed in the summer of 2012 and at some point, I do feel a possible solution could be to turn over complete management and/or ownership of the community to its active members, but I have yet to conduct any kind of specific and concrete discussions with any members regarding this type of transition.

One more minor change I will be implementing at the end of 2011 (in two weeks) is the shutting down of our Twinstuff store in which we sell twins-related merchandise. I simply don't have the time to manage that store properly so that change will be made on December 31, 2011.

You can feel free to ask any specific questions you may have in this thread and I'll do my best to respond over the holidays. I hope everyone has a great holiday season and that Twinstuff continues to remain part of your online family.

Thanks,

Craig Sanders (on behalf of Mark, Diane, Darlene, Brady, Colby, Holden, Reagan and Landry Sanders)
Craig, husband to Diane, twin brother to Mark Posted Image, brother-in-law to Diane's twin, Darlene Posted Image, dad of twins, Brady & Colby Posted Image (June 7, 2001), and Posted Image Holden (Sep 29, 2005) uncle of Posted ImageReagan and Posted ImageLandry

#2 dfaut

dfaut

30,000-Post Club

• Hall of Honor
  • 33,644 posts
  • Interests:
    Tennis.....will pick up golf again when the kids are older. Can only handle one sport right now!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:26 PM

So, it's reasonable to expect that we'll have time to say our goodbyes if the site eventually goes away!? You won't just let it shut down? People were freaking out that it would end without notice... (self included!)

<<<------------ First day of First Grade! 8/9/11

Ali and Martin are 6!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#3 twin_trip_mommy

twin_trip_mommy

27500-Post Club

• Hall of Honor
  • 29,371 posts
  • Interests:
    family, friends, getting healthy, taking pictures and playing on the computer

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:40 PM

your sharing these thoughts are greatly appreciated.

I look forward to hearing about discussion on future plans for the site.

Although I do not visit twinstuff for the support I sought back when I joined almost 10 years ago I still feel a strong connection to the site or it's members and have built many friendships that continue to grow through posts. It would be a great loss for many if the site shut down on many levels. I hope your decision is to keep it alive under your or some other management.

Question..... When you shared "turn over complete management and/or ownership of the community to its active members" does this mean you are not interested in a single member taking ownership but rather a group?

:)

Cheryl gallery_2903_49_121.gif
Wife to Mark
Blessed parents to

Twins Katherine & Jennifer 15 gallery_2903_49_279.gif
Triplets Stephanie, Daniel & Christina 13 gallery_2903_49_24.gif

gallery_2903_49_486.gif
Rom 1:16-17

Oliver gallery_2903_49_9484.jpg Flake

#4 Mum2TwinBoys

Mum2TwinBoys

5000-Post Club

• Members
  • 5,262 posts
  • Interests:
    Singing, reading, TS arcade (grrr), my babies and hubby, sewing, coloring, scrapbooking, cooking, almost anything creative! gardening and shopping.

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:03 PM

Thank you Craig for addressing this. I think we can all understand that family and just plain old life take a front seat to a forum. I have been here off and on for a little over seven years and have found some wonderful friends to call my forever sisters. If it weren't for this site we never would have connected so for that I am thankful to you. Whatever the future holds for TS, I pray that the members have found their friends and a way to stay connected.

Rebecca adoring wife to Jared (the love of my life) since 6-8-02.

Micah Dade 5lbs 6.5oz. 19" long
Lucas Brennan 5lbs. 10oz. 19" long 12/16/04 via C-Section 35.5weeks
Molly Rose 8lbs. 1oz 21" long 2/15/07 via VBAC!!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Romans 1:16-17

#5 twinstuff

twinstuff

35000-Post Club

• Hall of Honor
  • 38,828 posts
  • Interests:
    sports, reading, movies

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:16 PM

Question..... When you shared "turn over complete management and/or ownership of the community to its active members" does this mean you are not interested in a single member taking ownership but rather a group?

No, it doesn't mean that either. But I think it would probably be neater if a group of the long-time participants here collectively came up with a plan to manage the site from here on out.
Craig, husband to Diane, twin brother to Mark Posted Image, brother-in-law to Diane's twin, Darlene Posted Image, dad of twins, Brady & Colby Posted Image (June 7, 2001), and Posted Image Holden (Sep 29, 2005) uncle of Posted ImageReagan and Posted ImageLandry

#6 Heathermomof6

Heathermomof6

10000-Post Club

• Hall of Honor
  • 11,889 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:48 PM

All I know is thank goodness TS is back! I cried all day yesterday LOL!! I would gladly help out to keep TS alive!
Posted Image x 3 (94,96,98)
Posted Image 2007
Posted Image 2011

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 Brizzy_Twins

Brizzy_Twins

2500-Post Club

• TS Rewards Member: Gold
  • 2,696 posts
  • Interests:
    music, computers, friends, cooking, singing, making websites, reading, writing, Wildlife warriors, scrapbooking, songwriting, photography, making home videos.. and lots more

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:27 AM

I would gladly help out to keep TS alive!

Exactly my thoughts, me too.
I'm Tamara - Identical Twin Sister to Alisha from Brisbane, Australia
Stage 2 - TTTS Survivors and Born 16 Weeks Premature
Tamara & Alisha (22 Years Old) 22 May 1991
Email me: tamara@maraslastingmemories.com

Mara's Lasting Memories: Digital Media Business:

"Dont Let them fade away with time, affordable prices for all your digital needs."
My Website|| My Business Facebook Page||

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users