4 replies to this topic

#1 3BoysMama

3BoysMama

Valued Twinstuff Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:15 PM

I am new to this forum, but I have seen a couple of people posting about Umbilical Hernias and getting them fixed. I have one, and doc won't even refer me to the surgeon to talk to him about it until I am done BF.
Can anyone tell me the process of fixing it, and how long doc keeps you out of work and such? I can't seem to find any consistent info. Anyone not fix theirs? I have significant Ab Separation too. Started after I had my first DS, and got worse after the twins.

My fraternal twin boys will be 6 months next week.

#2 twinboys86

twinboys86

Valued Twinstuff Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:39 AM

I had one plus ab separation. I started the Tupler Technique 2 weeks ago and so far my hernia has disappeared and my separation has gone from 3 fingers to 2. I would highly recommend looking into it first.

#3 twinkielove

twinkielove

50-Post Club

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:50 PM

Wow Twinboys86! This is great news. From everything I was reading online I was convinced a umbilical hernia is irreversible - unless surgically closed. I have diastasis & u. hernia :(

Can you please give a brief description of the Tupler excersises you've been doing and how many reps/times a day you recommend?

This is very inspiring. Thanks in advance!
Posted Image

#4 Katheros

Katheros

2500-Post Club

• TS Rewards Member: Gold
  • 3,673 posts
  • Interests:
    Reading, Sleeping

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:49 PM

My brother had an umbilical hernia and one in his groin fixed surgically a few years ago. He's 42 now, so maybe 39-40 when he had the surgery? He was out of work for 2 weeks I think, but he had two fixed.

My 5 month old had one at birth and it fixed itself on it's own.

~Kate~Married to a US Marine~Referee to Three Sons~

Nick & Alex ~ May 2005    Joshua ~ Nov 2011   Gabriella ~ Feb 2014
2pNwm6.png

#5 Mom2S&Twins

Mom2S&Twins

2500-Post Club

• Members
  • 2,540 posts
  • Interests:
    Travelling, photography, cooking, culture & shopping!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:56 AM

I had mine surgically repaired, with a full tummy tuck because they had to open me up completely anyway. My separation was quite large, close to 3" and the muscles extremely weakened. The surgeon told me there is no doubt that surgery was the only option. I also had a mesh placed. It's been more than 2 years now and my back pain has been reduced greatly. My surgery was covered by insurance so quite lucky in that respect. Would do it again in a heart beat.

S 14/05/2004, girl born at 41w2d, currently in Year 5 (Grade 4)
M & F 27/11/2006, boy / girl twins born at 38w2d, currently in Year 3 (Grade 2)

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page"
Travel with kids in Asia, my blog!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users