American Idol

259 replies to this topic

#41 Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson

27500-Post Club

• Hall of Honor
  • 29,678 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:08 AM

I know Kim, but this year I mean it ;) I do not like anyone enough to vote yet.
Chrissy
Married to Devon
proud mom to identical twins
1-15-03 Allison and Zoe
Forever will miss Jimmy 2-26-02

Posted Image

#42 MamaKim

MamaKim

30000-post club

• Hall of Honor
  • 30,051 posts
  • Interests:
    Does the noise in my head bother you? Into healthy living, Aerosmith (and all music), reading, my kids, my dog, and life!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:51 AM

I know what you mean. It's too early for me yet other than Joshua Ledet.
Kim Posted Image --
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. ~ the Demon of Screamin', Mr. Steven Tyler

Married to my college sweetheart, Lou, since 4/27/85 Mom to Sean Patrick, 6/30/90 Posted Image and identical boys, Brian John and Craig Francis, 7/6/94 Posted Image

Our furbaby, Piper Rose, 4/13/03, (a Cairn terrier terror)

And on the eighth day God created ^(A)^EROSMITH . . . Posted Image

#43 seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas

7500-Post Club

• Hall of Honor
  • 9,101 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:24 PM

Just watched the girls now and like Hollie Cavanaugh the most and then Jessica Sanchez and Hollie Magrane and Elise Testone ad Erika ?
Nicole

S and N- 7.24.06
K- 4.26.11

#44 seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas

7500-Post Club

• Hall of Honor
  • 9,101 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:46 PM

For the guys, Colton and Phillip.

I think these next few weeks are going to be crazy boring until the people I strongly dislike are gone!
Nicole

S and N- 7.24.06
K- 4.26.11

#45 MamaKim

MamaKim

30000-post club

• Hall of Honor
  • 30,051 posts
  • Interests:
    Does the noise in my head bother you? Into healthy living, Aerosmith (and all music), reading, my kids, my dog, and life!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:16 PM

Nice diverse and talented Top 13 this year. Very pleased. And very happy for the last save. Major, major talent and deserved to go through. Great group!
Kim Posted Image --
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. ~ the Demon of Screamin', Mr. Steven Tyler

Married to my college sweetheart, Lou, since 4/27/85 Mom to Sean Patrick, 6/30/90 Posted Image and identical boys, Brian John and Craig Francis, 7/6/94 Posted Image

#46 Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson

27500-Post Club

• Hall of Honor
  • 29,678 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:49 PM

I was very happy with the top. I kinda like the commentary by Jimmy but thought he was a little mean to too many. I really did like Aaron and was dissappointed he did not go through.
Chrissy
Married to Devon
1-15-03 Allison and Zoe

Posted Image

#47 seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas

7500-Post Club

• Hall of Honor
  • 9,101 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:49 PM

Ok...I'm an idiot on my earlier post. I don't know what the heck I was thinking. I forgot 1/2 of them were going home! After watching it just now I think it is going to be a great season. The only one I know I will not be interested in seeing is Jermaine. I also wish Reed was in it because he was entertaining but he sure didn't help himself with his final song tonight! I am so glad Erika is in! Definitely one of my favs.
Nicole

S and N- 7.24.06
K- 4.26.11

#48 TheyGrowLikeWeeds

TheyGrowLikeWeeds

1000-Post Club

• TS Rewards Member: Gold
  • 1,291 posts
  • Interests:
    My boys, learning about my camera, running my own sites, admiring the interesting things in my world.

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:48 AM

I finally watched it (DVR'd). I'm happy with the top 13, though I did actually like Reed. He was different and entertaining (strange, but very interesting which is what I liked). However, I do like everyone they chose. Some they chose are not as strong as others, but good enough to be in the top 13. I would have liked to have seen Brock and Creighton get a second chance, but they did have to pick only 6 to choose from so not everyone could get that second chance. I like Phil Phillips and Jessica and Erika the most right now I think, but that can change. This is going to be an interesting season.

Eliza - Wife to Jason
Mommy to twin boys, Cameron and Kiefer (6/24/2008)

1rOxm4.png

Parents were invented to make children happy by giving them something to ignore. - Ogden Nash

Eliza's Blog: Thought Mist
Eliza's Husbands new site: 80s Network - If you like anything 80s, this is a totally rad place to visit!

#49 Utopia122

Utopia122

7500-Post Club

• Hall of Honor
  • 7,656 posts
  • Interests:
    8th grade math teacher who loves to run and read, but not at the same time.

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:26 PM

I haven't posted, but I've been watching. I really liked Reed and was super disappointed that he didn't make it. Disappointed that Jen didn't make it as well. I really thought that Jen or reed should have been there over Jermaine or the last one that was chosen...falsetto dude. I liked Creighton as well, so I'm a tad disappointed, but hopng that Phil makes it a ways.

Edited by Utopia122, 07 March 2012 - 12:27 PM.

Rachel

Luke 12/18/97

Sarah & Allison 12/31/05

"...it's not just learning that's important. It's learning what to do with what you learn and learning why you learn things that matters."
Norton Juster

#50 Lesley Anne

Lesley Anne

10000-Post Club

• Moderators
  • 11,415 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:31 PM

I agree, I liked Reed too, I think he should've been selected over a couple others but for the most part I think the top 13 is pretty right on!

#51 dfaut

dfaut

30,000-Post Club

• Hall of Honor
  • 33,644 posts
  • Interests:
    Tennis.....will pick up golf again when the kids are older. Can only handle one sport right now!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:13 PM

And pitch! Pitch is important, dawg!

SO TRUE!!! The girls fell victim to the nerves!! I do think it's a SUPER talented group!

I'm surprised they picked all guys for the last 3... right? AM I remembering correct? I now have to focus on learning all the names!! LOL!!!

I wish I was in England and going to watch Adam with Queen!!! Posted Image

Curious to see how Whitney night goes over!

<<<------------ First day of First Grade! 8/9/11

Ali and Martin are 6!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#52 Mom to Jack and Anna

Mom to Jack and Anna

7500-Post Club

• 7,900 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:35 PM

Not a Joshua fan. At all.
Rachael

Jack Harrison and Anna Elise
Born February 3, 2008 at 37 1/2 weeks
7 lbs. 13 oz. and 6 lbs. 2 oz.

#53 TheyGrowLikeWeeds

TheyGrowLikeWeeds

1000-Post Club

• 1,291 posts
  • Interests:
    My boys, learning about my camera, running my own sites, admiring the interesting things in my world.

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:13 PM

SO TRUE!!! The girls fell victim to the nerves!! I do think it's a SUPER talented group!

I'm surprised they picked all guys for the last 3... right? AM I remembering correct? I now have to focus on learning all the names!! LOL!!!

I wish I was in England and going to watch Adam with Queen!!! Posted Image

Curious to see how Whitney night goes over!

The three extras were two guys and one girl. Deandre, Jeremy, and Erika.

I'm not a huge fan of Deandre honestly, but he's better than some that did not get picked. I still am disappointed Reed didn't make it.

Eliza - Wife to Jason
Mommy to twin boys, Cameron and Kiefer (6/24/2008)

1rOxm4.png

Parents were invented to make children happy by giving them something to ignore. - Ogden Nash

Eliza's Blog: Thought Mist
Eliza's Husbands new site: 80s Network - If you like anything 80s, this is a totally rad place to visit!

#54 MamaKim

MamaKim

30000-post club

• Hall of Honor
  • 30,051 posts
  • Interests:

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:16 AM

I really like Deandre. He reminds me so much of Terrance Trent D'Arby.

Hmmm, the competition is really stiff and much like the judges I have a hard time saying anyone was really bad because they all have really great voices and incredible talent. Jessica Sanchez was obviously a standout.

One thing that really bugs me about AI and always has is how they make them sing songs that are not in their wheel house at all. C'mon, Whitney? They made them sing Whitney? They're always telling them to not take on these big songs by artists like her and yet this is what they make them sing? Drives. Me. Nuts. Sometimes we get stellar moments out of them but more often than not the ones for whom this is not their genre are just painful, ie, Elise Testone.

1. Joshua Ledet - "I Wish" : this kid has got a stellar voice, I knew he'd be good and he was; on a side note, an Aerosmith friend of mine from LA knows him and said he is sweet and that his voice in person is amazing; Lou calls him Black Adam Posted Image

2. Elise Testone - "I'm Your Baby Tonight" : see my comments above; this was not a good night for her and it's a shame because she really has talent and a unique style

3. Jermaine Jones - "Knocks Me Off My Feet" : love the Gentle Giant, man he is huge! He has such a rich tone to his voice but I have to admit I wouldn't be disappointed if he went home either

4. Erika Van Pelt - "I Believe In You and Me" : similar comments to Elise, although I think Erika sang her song much better and made it hers; still this was just ok for me

5. Colton Dixon - "Lately" : TN boy! Posted Image He started a tad rough but liked the way he ended it; he has a better voice than I realized; I liked it

6. Shannon Magrane - "I Have Nothing" : she has such a big voice but nerves got her last night

7. Deandre Brackensick - "Master Blaster" : love this kid! You just knew he'd do well with SW. And he had his hair tied up! Yes!

8. Skylar Laine - "Where Do Broken Hearts Go" : as much as I hate country this girl has spunk and loads of talent; she is amazingly good

9. Heejun Han - "All in Love is Fair" : he is so funny but he can also sing; this was simply beautiful; his enunciation bothers me because his accent shows through but his voice is great

10. Hollie Cavanagh - "All the Man That I Need" : she is a little powerhouse!; she looked beautiful too with her hair down (ST!)

11. Jeremy Rosado - "Ribbon in the Sky" : I'm not as crazy about him as Jennifer seems to be but he did well; just not my thing

12. Jessica Sanchez - "I Will Always Love You" : WOW! Does it really get any better than that? She's 16! Amazing talent.

13. Phillip Phillips - "Superstition" : why was Jennifer so surprised he could sing SW; this was totally in his wheel house; he has got STYLE and is a true artist, as they say, but someone needs to nail his left leg to the floor. Please. And that whole Dave Matthew vibe is still there. But overall, I love him.

This group is really, really talented. I've decided not to vote this season. I simply can't pick a favorite. All very different and all talented in their own way. I am secretly rooting for the girls (odd for me) but Jessica, Hollie, Skylar . . . could be fun to have an all girl finale once!

Edited by MamaKim, 08 March 2012 - 08:18 AM.

Kim Posted Image --

#55 seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas

7500-Post Club

• Hall of Honor
  • 9,101 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:04 AM

My favs:

Jessica
Phillip
and Hollie
Nicole

S and N- 7.24.06
K- 4.26.11

#56 Lesley Anne

Lesley Anne

10000-Post Club

• Moderators
  • 11,415 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:43 AM

My favorites were Jessica, Phillip, Hollie and Skylar.
I am not so much a fan of Deandre, Jeremy or Jermaine (although they seem so sweet) and poor Shannon did not do well AT ALL, but I agree with Kim-Whiney Houston, really? Why?!

#57 gina_leigh

gina_leigh

2500-Post Club

• 4,557 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:02 AM

Add me to the list that thinks it's just crazy to have them sing Whitney- or any one artist really.

My favorites for the night were Colton, Skylar, Hollie, Phillip, and Jessica. I really like Erica and Elise, but it goes back to the whole Whitney thing for me. That's just not who either of them are and it sucks for them.

I am not so much a fan of Deandre, Jeremy or Jermaine (although they seem so sweet) and poor Shannon did not do well AT ALL, but I agree with Kim-Whiney Houston, really? Why?!

Me either! And I can add Joshua to that list.

gallery_11883_186_470.gifGina

DH- Chris
Mommy to
Jason & Reagan December 7, 2007

Caleb March 10, 2014
angel_unknown.jpg Aug 2011

pXxWm6.png

xdYdm5.png

#58 dfaut

dfaut

30,000-Post Club

• Hall of Honor
  • 33,644 posts
  • Interests:
    Tennis.....will pick up golf again when the kids are older. Can only handle one sport right now!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:06 AM

Yeah, it's a constant annoyance that they make them sing specific artists. Give them 4 to choose from... something like that - I don't know it's amazing they can say "you took on this big song...no one can sing Mariah, no one can sing Whitney (except Jessica)" BLAH BLAH BLAH! :gah:

I felt bad for Elise! I really like her!!

I haven't seen anyone that I would buy yet.... MAYBE COLTON..... but I didn't *STOP THE PRESSES* I didn't hate Deandre last night! He just needs to show me his versatility and get out of the high pitched stuff for a WHOLE song....

Jessica gave me goose bumps! COME ON! That was unbelievable!

<<<------------ First day of First Grade! 8/9/11

Ali and Martin are 6!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#59 Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson

27500-Post Club

• Hall of Honor
  • 29,678 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:50 AM

It just feels like Karaokee night when they don't let them do their own thing.

1. Joshua Ledet - "I Wish" : I thought he was good but this song was not my fav for him

2. Elise Testone - "I'm Your Baby Tonight" : She is my favorite girl and I hate that she had to sing this song

3. Jermaine Jones - "Knocks Me Off My Feet" : i really enjoy him but he will start to get old fast.

4. Erika Van Pelt - "I Believe In You and Me" : Ok, I am not a fan of hers and I hated her dress.

5. Colton Dixon - "Lately" : This is my fav Stevie song. Colton was good, I think he will win due to his look and sound.

6. Shannon Magrane - "I Have Nothing" : Not good at all.

7. Deandre Brackensick - "Master Blaster" : I loved this song, love his voice and love that he did not flip his hair

8. Skylar Laine - "Where Do Broken Hearts Go" : Devon says she looks like the Debbie Downer girl LOL. I am not a country fan and she reminds me of Kellie Pickler

9. Heejun Han - "All in Love is Fair" : Love him. I love his personality and voice.

10. Hollie Cavanagh - "All the Man That I Need" : Very good voice, she is super sweet.

11. Jeremy Rosado - "Ribbon in the Sky" : I am not a fan....

12. Jessica Sanchez - "I Will Always Love You" : I may be the only person in America that does not like her. She has a good voice but again not my thing.

13. Phillip Phillips - "Superstition" : He is my fav. I think he is the full package.

I think AI puts their favorites towards the end.
Chrissy
Married to Devon
1-15-03 Allison and Zoe

Posted Image

#60 MamaKim

MamaKim

30000-post club

• Hall of Honor
  • 30,051 posts
  • Interests:

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:21 AM

It just feels like Karaokee night when they don't let them do their own thing.

That is exactly it. I think it would be a much more entertaining show if they could actually showcase what they are great at instead of forcing them into a genre or style that they don't fit. Once in a blue moon you get an artist like Adam Lambert who can shine at any genre but most people have a niche. The ones that don't know who they are yet as artists will struggle but they struggle anyway.

Case in point. This is who he probably really is as an artist. It's beautiful. Let them do covers of songs they connect with, let them do original material if they have any, and let us see what they can really do.
Kim Posted Image --

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users