2 replies to this topic

#1 lissalou88

lissalou88

Twinstuff Forum Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:
    child development, obtaining my M.A degree, being an auntie/mommy to my twin nephews! Supporting my twin sister and reconnecting with her.

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:02 AM

My twin and I are unsure if we are fraternal or identical but we are both female and look very much alike. My twin had twin boys (this was her first pregnancy) and I am wondering what the chances are of myself having twins? Any info appreciated, I would also like to know if any other twins are in this situation so far I haven't met anyone. Thanks!

#2 TwinRichard

TwinRichard

10000-Post Club

• TS Rewards Member: Gold
  • 10,547 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:24 AM

A handful of people who post here are twins who have had twin children (including the ones who started this website).

As for your chances of having twins, you can get some information here but your chances aren't much higher than anybody else's if you are identical.
Posted Image

#3 Kendra

Kendra

25000-Post Club

• Moderators
  • 26,134 posts
  • Interests:
    reading, royalty, multiples

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:44 AM

Congratulations! And yes, what he said.

I do know several sets of twins who each have had twins but it more a fluke of nature. Identical twins have no greater chance of having twins themselves and in fraternals, while there is some genetics involved sometimes, there is no guarantees.

As for you and your sister being identical or fraternal, if you don't know, it is a fun thing to do get get a DNA test. Maybe if they get the boys tested you can do one too. (we didn't know for sure until we took a DNA test when we were 25)

Kendra
identical twin to Connie

The Good Enough Crafter (my blog)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users