Snacks before bed.

23 replies to this topic

#21 AmynTony

AmynTony

7500-Post Club

• TS Rewards Member: Gold
  • 8,446 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:54 PM

mine don't snack per se but occasionally Ian will ask for a piece of cheese before bed...dinner is around 5-5:30 or so and bed is 8 pm...and of course what one has the other one must so then Abby gets a piece also

Amy 40 (when the hell did I get THAT old)
Tony 44

gb.gif Ian & Abigail 5/9/06

#22 Christel

Christel

1000-Post Club

• Members
  • 1,975 posts
  • Interests:
    photography; music; leading worship; college football

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:04 AM

Mine do the same thing, so our rule is the kitchen closes an hour before you go to bed, whatever your age and bedtime. So for our 13 yo, he has to be done by 9, the twins by 7:30.

We normally eat dinner around 6 but with baseball, football, etc it varies.
Chris
Ethan - 20, Chayton - 15, Andrew - 13, Jarett - 12
Kate and Kara - 8, Matthew - 4
Evelyn is 2!

#23 becasquared

becasquared

10000-Post Club

• Administrators
  • 10,476 posts
  • Interests:
    Catching the bus at 5:30 in the morning.
    Coffee.
    Sleep.
    Ask me about my VAJAJAY!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:23 AM

What would you do in this situation? My kids have never used food as a way of manipulating their bedtime, which is 8, especially not Al who loves her sleep as much as I do. Last night, Alice ate dinner finishing at 6:30, had a snack at 7:30 and was in bed at 8:10. At 8:30 she came downstairs and said that she was hungry. I'm still not sure if she was trying to play around with bedtime, or if she was legitimately hungry. We gave her some pretzels. She ate a reasonable amount, then went back to bed.

ETA: Ooooooh, now I see it, she was having bad growing pains the day before, screaming and crying. Growth spurt.
bex
moderator of Twinstuff Club
Want to be a Big Sister or get a Big Sister? Ask me how!

Support your Twinstuff Community, become a member!

Posted Image

"If you don't want the truth, don't ask me. If you want something sugarcoated, go eat a donut." - a great friend of mine

#24 fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan

7500-Post Club

• Hall of Honor
  • 9,518 posts
  • Interests:
    books, aikido, food, music, making stuff (mostly clothes for the kids right now), The Third Policeman

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:47 AM

Nothing wrong with snacking before bed! We always allow it if they ask. Healthy food, of course. My kids are tall and lean with a crazy high metabolism just like me, and heck, I even need another meal right before I go to bed! I wind up eating like 4 meals a day, and snacks, so I know what it's like to NEEDTOEATRIGHTNOW!!! And I'm not even in the middle of growing inches every year.
Posted ImageHolly ~ Mom to Andrew and Ivy ~ Moderator of the breastfeeding forum, the Den, and mental health issues

born at 34 weeks to save Andrew from IUGR

Posted Image

Ivy 6 lb 3 oz, 19", 2 wks NICU ~~~ 1 year later, 18 lb 6 oz, 31"
Andrew 2 lb 11 oz, 15", 4 wks NICU ~~~ 1 year later, 18 lb 14 oz, 30"

"The magic of a dance is something purely accidental. The irony of this is that you have to work harder than anyone else for the accident to occur. Then, when it happens, it is the only thing in your life guaranteed never to happen again. This, to some, is an unhappy state of affairs, and yet to others, it is the only ecstasy. Perhaps, then, you should forget everything I have said to you and remember only this: The real beauty in life is that beauty can sometimes occur." --- Pushkin to Nureyev, 1959

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." --- Samuel Beckett

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users