The Voice

9 replies to this topic

#1 TheyGrowLikeWeeds

TheyGrowLikeWeeds

1000-Post Club

• TS Rewards Member: Gold
  • 1,298 posts
  • Interests:
    My boys, learning about my camera, running my own sites, admiring the interesting things in my world.

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:36 PM

Anyone watching The Voice?

I didn't watch it last year, so I thought I'd see what it's all about this year. Interesting concept. Definitely different from the American Idol and X Factor talent shows. I like the anonymity the tryouts have so those auditioning are not initially judged by their looks but by their singing ability first. I'd imagine it does help a little for those that are nervous singing in front of celebrities feel more comfortable to sing. Of course if someone turns around, it's either nerves up or much excitement because a celebrity liked them enough to turn around with hopes to mentor them. Then once everyone is picked, contestants in each group go head-to-head with someone from their own group and one gets sent home. Then the final 6 in each of the four groups go to live voting. I don't know any more than that.

Eliza - Wife to Jason
Mommy to twin boys, Cameron and Kiefer (6/24/2008)

1rOxm4.png

Parents were invented to make children happy by giving them something to ignore. - Ogden Nash

Eliza's Blog: Thought Mist
Eliza's Husbands new site: 80s Network - If you like anything 80s, this is a totally rad place to visit!

#2 Zit547

Zit547

15000-Post Club

• Moderators
  • 15,257 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:07 AM

I am watching and I also did not watch last year. I like that the contestants are picked ahead of time so we don't have to sit through any terrible try outs. Even though they crack me up I can't help but feel sorry for those people. I am definitely hooked. What is up with C Lo and that white cat? I wonder where he puts that cat during the performances, in a kennel at his feet and then he just gets it out for his camera interviews? So odd.

#3 TheyGrowLikeWeeds

TheyGrowLikeWeeds

1000-Post Club

• 1,298 posts
  • Interests:
    My boys, learning about my camera, running my own sites, admiring the interesting things in my world.

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:26 PM

LOL I'm just waiting for him to one day be talking to the camera with his kitty, put his pinky to the corner of his mouth, and demand one meeellion dollars. LOL

I doubt anyone would allow him to bring his cat on stage though. If it wonders on stage, that could be a disaster for the performance or the cat could get in to some trouble...as cats can often do. There are some people that take their pets everywhere. I guess he figures it looks cool to hold his cat for the camera. It gives the cat some attention and the cat gives him the look he wants....whatever it is; status maybe? Either way, he's a good singer/entertainer, so whatever the man wants, I guess.

The last show was pretty cool. I liked the battle between Jesse and the preacher's son. Great voices! I wasn't happy with a couple of choices they made. I'd have chosen Addley over the other country girl, and I'd have chosen Benebou over the opera singer. I liked the opera singer, but I thought Benebou (I like that name) was just a bit better. I was happy enough with that choice either way though. There was another one I didn't completely agree with, but I don't remember their names. It was another boy vs girl battle with the punk rock singer girl and the other band leader boy. I like his voice a little better, but the punk singer's voice was stronger, so I guess I could go either way. ..I wish I was better with names. But, I really think the concept of this show is interesting and fun. I'm hooked.

Eliza - Wife to Jason

1rOxm4.png

Parents were invented to make children happy by giving them something to ignore. - Ogden Nash

Eliza's Husbands new site: 80s Network - If you like anything 80s, this is a totally rad place to visit!

#4 MLH

MLH

5000-Post Club

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:47 PM

I watched last year and am watching again this year. I really like the difference between The Voice and some of the other shows (although I still watch the other ones too). I really like the chemistry between the judges and how they mentor and coach them.
--Melissa

Posted Image 2/21/03 Isabel 8# 8 oz. (8 yrs. old!)
~"Angel"~ Lost 11/23/04
Posted Image 9/20/05 Gabriel 6# 4 oz & Abigail 7# 0 oz (6 yrs. old!)

Induced at 38 wks, 1 day

#5 Zit547

Zit547

15000-Post Club

• Moderators
  • 15,257 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:53 PM

ITA with you about Addley over the other country girl. I had a feeling Blake was going to choose her b/c she reminded him of his wife, but based on the performances I thought Addley was better. I missed a few of the other battles.

#6 twinstuff2

twinstuff2

5000-Post Club

• Hall of Honor
  • 5,013 posts
  • Interests:
    sports

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:51 AM

I love this show and actually prefer the format over American Idol. In general, I'd say this year's talent unfortunately isn't quite as good as Idol but I totally love the judges on the Voice much more than Idol.

Down to final four now - next week's finale is going to be good. Three guys and a gal except what a gal. We've got the opera singer Chris Mann (meh - not my style), Jermaine Paul (okay but I prefer last year's winner and others like him over him), former Mouskateer Tony Lucca (okay but mostly fun to see how much Christina Aguilera dislikes him for whatever reason) and then rocker Juliet Simms. If you haven't seen her, she's amazing. A really good rockers voice ala Janis Joplin, Pat Benatar, etc., but the difference between her and say Elise from American Idol is that Juliet just has "it" - that presence that commands the stage.

Check out her videos of her doing Roxanne or It's a Man's World. She is my favorite this year of both The Voice or Idol and I hope she wins.

Ceelo is great - his other singer could have finished second this year. And I loved his t-shirt of Purrfect (his cat) that he wore Monday night.

#7 TheyGrowLikeWeeds

TheyGrowLikeWeeds

1000-Post Club

• 1,298 posts
  • Interests:

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:49 PM

I love that cat of his!

I totally agree. I'm all behind Juliet on this. She's awesome! I too liked Elisa, but Juliet is better even though they have a similar smokey quality to their voices. Juliet is just more powerful, has more control, and knows when to exert her power vocals better than Elise. I am happy with the other guys that are in the final though, I just hope Juliet wins it.

I don't know why Christina does not like Tony. At least she comes off that way to him. I don't think she has to give him the cold shoulder to critique his performances, but something about her responses to him sounds a bit stand-offish. Maybe she's afraid if she gives him tons of praise in public, people will think there's favoritism, and will come down hard on her for saying something to him in a more positive way? She knows how aggressive the media can be for even the slightest eye movement that could suggest something more than what was intended. She may like him in person. However, that comment about he and Adam doing a Brittany Spears cover thing was a little catty sounding.

Eliza - Wife to Jason

1rOxm4.png

#8 twinstuff2

twinstuff2

5000-Post Club

• Hall of Honor
  • 5,013 posts
  • Interests:
    sports

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:24 AM

http://www.radaronli...era-fight-voice

Okay this is why The Voice rules over Idol this year IMO. It's not that the performers are necessarily better (they aren't - they're just a little more seasoned). It's just that the judges are so much more fun to watch.

Apparently Adam Levine and Christina Aguilera are at a breaking point. Adam convinced Tony Lucca to sing a Jay Z song last night '99 Problems' in which the main chorus line says 'I've got 99 problems but a ***** ain't one of them.' It was absolutely a dig at Christina for her poor attitude this year towards fellow former Mouskateer Tony. She was furious and called the song derogatory towards women last night on the show (which it is but it's tough to take her seriously when her boobs are falling out of their dress when she sings The Prayer with Chris Mann).

Tonight they announce the show's winner and also have a judges group performance of Free Your Mind which apparently Adam doesn't want to do with Christina.

I do think Christina's guy may win. I hope Juliet does but I think Tony Lucca or Chris Mann might.

#9 Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson

27500-Post Club

• Hall of Honor
  • 29,697 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:23 PM

I hate the banter between Christina and Adam. I feel it really overshadows the show. I do not think it is in good fun, I actually think they do not get along which makes it uncomfortable for me to watch.

I did watch the Christina duet and I have to say her boobies were super close to popping out but that song was sung beautifully.
Chrissy
Married to Devon
proud mom to identical twins
1-15-03 Allison and Zoe
Forever will miss Jimmy 2-26-02

Posted Image

#10 TheyGrowLikeWeeds

TheyGrowLikeWeeds

1000-Post Club

• 1,298 posts
  • Interests:

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:29 PM

Well, Blake Shelton took it home this time. His guy, Jermaine Paul won with Juliet Simms as runner up. Tony was 4rd, and Chris Mann was 4th.

Eliza - Wife to Jason

1rOxm4.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users