Talk to me about stand mixers

29 replies to this topic

#21 Dielle

Dielle

7500-Post Club

• Members
  • 7,558 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:58 PM

I have a Bosch and I love it. It's an older one... my MIL found it at Goodwill minus the bread hook and mixing beaters which I ordered online. I would guess it's at least 20 years old, maybe more. It looks just like the one my mom had when I was a kid 30 years ago. I use it all the time (mostly for bread) and have had it for over 10 years. It's a total workhorse, and can do bigger batches of bread than the standard size Kitchen Aid my friends have. The thing I love about it vs. most stand mixers is that it's short and will fit in a drawer or cabinet much more easily and doesn't have to take up permanent residence on my counter. It's not nearly as cute as a bright red Kitchen Aid, but then that's not the reason I have it. The only attachment I have for it is a blender.

Sage (May '98), Trey (Mar '00), Adam (Nov '02), Sydney & Sabrina (Dec '05), Spencer (May '09)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Come see my Etsy shop

#22 AmynTony

AmynTony

7500-Post Club

• TS Rewards Member: Gold
  • 8,342 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

my mother has a KitchenAid professional also - I will inherit that sucker!!!

anyway we make homemade pierogies several times a year and the pasta roller is indispensable - we can do 12 dozen in a matter of an hour or so with the roller!

Amy 40 (when the hell did I get THAT old)
Tony 44

gb.gif Ian & Abigail 5/9/06

#23 tinalb

tinalb

12500-Post Club

• Moderators
  • 14,798 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:39 PM

Kitchen Aid pro here, too. LOVE it. I never thought I wanted or needed one, but my inlaws bought it for me for Christmas one year & I use it several times a week. You can mix anything in that thing with no worries about overworking the motor. One thing, make sure you have space to leave it on your counter. They are really heavy & if I had to lug it out of a cabinet every time I wanted to use it, I probably wouldn't use it very often. Costco often has them for a good price.

Tina

Posted Image

"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." Chief Seattle

#24 miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18

5000-Post Club

• Moderators
  • 6,951 posts
  • Interests:
    A few of my favorite things: Joss Whedon, Tim Horton's coffee, my iPhone, Walk Off The Earth, Nathan Fillion, birth & breastfeeding, Felicia Day, anything made with sugar as the primary ingredient, The Walking Dead.

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:18 PM

So on a whim, I just checked the air miles website. They have the KitchenAid® Professional 600TM Series 6-Quart Lift Bowl Stand Mixer (love copy & paste) for 4500 air miles. Guess who's getting a new stand mixer! :smilie_xmas_116:
Rachel#3
co-moderator of the second year & breastfeeding forums

Posted ImagePosted Image

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

#25 danibell

danibell

5000-Post Club

• Moderators
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:44 PM

:clapping: you won't regret it! I do really wish I had the Pro one, but it was out of our budget, and I'm quite happy with my regular one (although i wish the bowl was bigger!) ;)

Danielle
Co-Mod of Twins age 2-4

Sean David (11 yrs), Kaelyn Faith (6.5 yrs), Posted Image Liam Carl & Rylee Ann (4 yrs)
Birth: DD ~ 7.2 lbs 20 in ~~ DS ~ 6.4 lbs 19 in
6 months: DD ~ 19.2 lbs 26.5 in ~~ DS ~ 16.12 lbs 27 in
12 months: DD ~ 22 lbs 7.5 oz 30 in ~~ DS ~ 19 lbs 15.5 oz 30 in
18 months: DD ~ 25 lbs 33 in ~~ DS ~ 24.2 lbs 32.5 in
Posted ImagePosted Image

#26 NINI H

NINI H

1000-Post Club

• Members
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:55 AM

I still can't believe what I'm reading....I guess I'm the only one that ever has anything break. First it was my double ovens and now the Kitchen Aid. My broke within a year. I had the professional 6 qt. I used it all the time for making bread, now it's a huge lump off metal and plastic in the corner of my counter. It's probably going to cost as much to fix it as it would to replace it. I loved it while it lasted. Oh and by the way make sure where you purchase yours offers a warranty.
Posted Image

#27 MamaKim

MamaKim

27500-Post Club

• Hall of Honor
  • 29,990 posts
  • Interests:
    Does the noise in my head bother you? Into healthy living, Aerosmith (and all music), reading, my kids, my dog, and life!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:54 AM

Kitchen Aid pro here, too. LOVE it. I never thought I wanted or needed one, but my inlaws bought it for me for Christmas one year & I use it several times a week. You can mix anything in that thing with no worries about overworking the motor. One thing, make sure you have space to leave it on your counter. They are really heavy & if I had to lug it out of a cabinet every time I wanted to use it, I probably wouldn't use it very often. Costco often has them for a good price.

Yes to the bolded. I can barely move it just on the counter. But it is a true workhorse!

Kim Posted Image --

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. ~ the Demon of Screamin', Mr. Steven Tyler

Married to my college sweetheart, Lou, since 4/27/85 Mom to Sean Patrick, 6/30/90 Posted Image and identical boys, Brian John and Craig Francis, 7/6/94 Posted Image

Our furbaby, Piper Rose, 4/13/03, (a Cairn terrier terror)

And on the eighth day God created ^(A)^EROSMITH . . . Posted Image

#28 MamaKim

MamaKim

27500-Post Club

• Hall of Honor
  • 29,990 posts
  • Interests:
    Does the noise in my head bother you? Into healthy living, Aerosmith (and all music), reading, my kids, my dog, and life!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:55 AM

Oh Rachel, enjoy!!!! :clapping:

Kim Posted Image --

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. ~ the Demon of Screamin', Mr. Steven Tyler

Married to my college sweetheart, Lou, since 4/27/85 Mom to Sean Patrick, 6/30/90 Posted Image and identical boys, Brian John and Craig Francis, 7/6/94 Posted Image

Our furbaby, Piper Rose, 4/13/03, (a Cairn terrier terror)

And on the eighth day God created ^(A)^EROSMITH . . . Posted Image

#29 Utopia122

Utopia122

7500-Post Club

• Hall of Honor
  • 7,654 posts
  • Interests:
    8th grade math teacher who loves to run and read, but not at the same time.

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:19 PM

You'll love it! The one thing about the PRO...check the type of whisk and hook that you will be getting. I have the burnished metal ones, and you can not put those in the dishwasher (the bowl you can since it is stainless steel). It's not that big of a deal for me, and I have no clue why you can't put them in the washer because I never had, but just thought I would throw that in there. The white ones you can, the burnished metal ones you can't.

Rachel

Luke 12/18/97

Sarah & Allison 12/31/05

"...it's not just learning that's important. It's learning what to do with what you learn and learning why you learn things that matters."
Norton Juster

#30 danibell

danibell

5000-Post Club

• Moderators
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:22 PM

I threw my metal mixer into the dishwasher and it looks almost tarnished now, it's not bright anymore. I also had to scrub some blackened stuff off of it. I've never throw it in the dishwasher again! ;)

Danielle
Co-Mod of Twins age 2-4

Sean David (11 yrs), Kaelyn Faith (6.5 yrs), Posted Image Liam Carl & Rylee Ann (4 yrs)
Birth: DD ~ 7.2 lbs 20 in ~~ DS ~ 6.4 lbs 19 in
6 months: DD ~ 19.2 lbs 26.5 in ~~ DS ~ 16.12 lbs 27 in
12 months: DD ~ 22 lbs 7.5 oz 30 in ~~ DS ~ 19 lbs 15.5 oz 30 in
18 months: DD ~ 25 lbs 33 in ~~ DS ~ 24.2 lbs 32.5 in
Posted ImagePosted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users