Bedtime Music - Baby Controlled

7 replies to this topic

#1 ArizonaTwins

ArizonaTwins

250-Post Club

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

I need your recommendations on a sleep aid for one of my twins (who sleeps in a separate room from her twin). Usually, Twin A goes down pretty easily with a lullaby or two. Lately, she has been needing more and more songs to get her to sleep. She is going through a HUGE language developmental phase, so I don't think that it is her being stubborn or simply a matter "fixing it" by having her cry it out. Rather, when the lights go out, if you don't distract her with singing, she will talk and talk and talk and she can't quite figure out how to stop. She does eventually get upset and cry. HOWEVEr, instead of tiring her out, it only causes her to talk more as she tries to tell you that she's sad. We do have an air purifier in her room for white noise, but lately she really needs the songs to focus on.

We have been using a "music box" with Twin B (who has a much harder time falling asleep) for some time - Fisher Price Rainforest mobile. They both hated the mobile, but Twin B really took to the box when we took off the mobile part leaving just the box with buttons that she can push to play songs when she needs. The box also lights up dimly, but does not blink or move. Ideally, I'd like to find something similar without buying a new mobile for a 2 year old. This leads me to my request for suggestions from you?

Ideally, we're looking for something that:
1. has buttons that the child can control (we thought about buying her a CD player, but sometimes Twin A wakes up too early and puts herself back to sleep by playing her box. We'd like to find something that gives Twin B the same option.)
2. plays lullabys; and
3. Has only dim lights, if any.

Anyone have any suggestions? I have tried googling various terms, but mostly get responses for crib mobiles.

Thanks
Formerly "DblStuffOreo"

#2 kumphort

kumphort

250-Post Club

• Members
  • 450 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:14 PM

and actually looking at the similar items from amazon, there are a bunch of varieties,so it should be a good start
NIKKI
Mom to Barry 6/25/04
Josh 5/21/06

Posted Image

#3 sweetfrangipani

sweetfrangipani

500-Post Club

• TS Rewards Member: Gold
  • 642 posts
  • Interests:
    Reading, Painting, Cooking, travelling, arts & crafts, playing with my babies

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:33 AM

We have the Fisher Price crib n go projector and although my babes are still young, I can see them enjoying this for a long time yet.... I really really like it and so do they.

here
Tas (SAHM) - 37w1d - emergency c-section
Posted ImagePosted Image
ID twin sisters to older DD (12)

#4 Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS

500-Post Club

• 727 posts
  • Interests:
    My kids, sci-fi, video games, reading

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:57 PM

You could check out the Fisher-Price Ocean Wonders Soothe and Glow Seahorse - it comes in Pink and Blue. My singleton was given the pink one at around 6 months by my mother to help her sleep but she's over 2 now and sleeps with it every night. It's only 5 minutes of music - I don't know if you think that will be enough but if it's not, she can always turn it back on.

Jess

~Mom to:
Vivi 2/2010 1g.gif
Livie and Sophie 5/2012 2g.gif
Our angel 6/2013

For more crazy ramblings
: http://stmonicaspati....wordpress.com/

#5 TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom

5000-Post Club

• Members
  • 7,306 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:01 PM

The fisher price discover and go turtle plays for 15 minutes and the shell lights up
TabbiSue Single MOM to Jazzlyn Ranee 4lbs 9oz....Jesslyn Dunae 2lbs. 13oz....Born Oct. 25th 2005 @ 34 weeks and 1 day due to IUGR and 2 vessel cord.
1 Year! Jazz 21lbs 4oz Jess 17lbs 4oz
2 Years Jazz 29lbs 35 1/2 in Jess 24lbs 33 1/2 in
4 years jazz 36lbs Jessy 30lbs
Jessy's Open Heart Suregery to correct ASD 1/7/10(2/15/10 went back to school)

RIP "Pa" Troy Lee Dooley 1/9/10
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 mommylaura

mommylaura

500-Post Club

• Members
  • 713 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:30 AM

My older son used the fisher price flutterbye birds crib toy for about 4 years! We even had to prop in in his big boy bed when he outgrew his crib, and we would occasionally hear it playing in the middle of the night. It is exactly as you describe - the child pushes it, and it plays soothing music for about 10 minutes. They don't make it anymore, but the rainforest waterfall one looks very similar.
Laura - Mommy to Jackson 2/2/06 and Caleb & Caroline 1/22/2010

#7 crazytwinmomma

crazytwinmomma

1000-Post Club

• Members
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:45 PM

We have one similar to the projector that we use for traveling (we also still use the box part of the rainforest mobile on their toddler beds). If you are just looking for music, though, maybe the LeapFrog Violet/Scout would work. My kids love the music and songs on theirs and we often hear them singing in their beds before they fall asleep.

Shana

breastfeeding by choice, babywearing by necessity, working mama extraordinaire

Zoe Teresa and Xavier Vincent -- born 6/18/09 at 37 weeks

Gianna Sophia joined us on 10/14/11 at 39 weeks

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS

500-Post Club

• 727 posts
  • Interests:
    My kids, sci-fi, video games, reading

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:16 PM

We have one similar to the projector that we use for traveling (we also still use the box part of the rainforest mobile on their toddler beds). If you are just looking for music, though, maybe the LeapFrog Violet/Scout would work. My kids love the music and songs on theirs and we often hear them singing in their beds before they fall asleep.

I almost recommended this as well. My daughter has the night/nap time version of Violet as well as the Violet "Pal". She loves them both and has learned the songs on both. And she does find the music very soothing.

Jess

~Mom to:
Vivi 2/2010 1g.gif
Livie and Sophie 5/2012 2g.gif
Our angel 6/2013

For more crazy ramblings
: http://stmonicaspati....wordpress.com/

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users