If you could relive one thing

24 replies to this topic

#21 lougood

lougood

5000-Post Club

• Members
  • 5,184 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:50 AM

I would have enjoyed them more when they were little. So cuddly and sweet smelling. I was so hung up on schedules, proving I didn't need help, that I really had no time to enjoy them. Sure they were both feed and burped and changed, but no real cuddly time. I would change the first four months.

I agree. I feel like I missed out on their first six months b/c I was worried about one thing or another and didn't fully enjoy it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#22 ArizonaTwins

ArizonaTwins

250-Post Club

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:35 PM

Ditto on the relive sleeping on my chest. Those few quiet moments were bliss. I am SUPER lucky and have a photo taken by a professional photographer (he was doing an assignment for the NICU and we volunteered to be his "models") of me kangaroo caring the girls the day before they left the NICU. It was a long hard fight to get them together, and then get them both with me. That picture caputres a moment I will cherish forever. It was when I knew that our little family was going to be just fine.

My do over, I would have stressed about their development less. Because the girls were preemie and had NICU time, I was assigned a community health nurse by the state. The nurse led me to believe my girls were way behind on every milestone. It wasn't until they were nearly a year (the maximum time she was allowed to monitor a family without a "diagnosis") that I realized she was just keeping herself in a job. Now, I wish she could see my girls. They're brilliant - or at least their humble mom thinks so.
Formerly "DblStuffOreo"

#23 mom2gc

mom2gc

100-Post Club

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:30 AM

[
I wish I had taken my full maternity leave. I caved to pressure from my office to return three weeks early. I deserved that time. My kids did. The office could have waited.

[/quote]

Ditto, I went back to work a month early and wish I stayed home with my kids.

The first year was very challenging, :drown:, but the firsts were very special. (smile, teeth,steps,words.....)

#24 Heathermomof6

Heathermomof6

10000-Post Club

• Hall of Honor
  • 11,889 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:41 PM

Well, since you asked. I would go back to the day I answered the door naked for the FedEx guy. I was delirious and thought the dog was scratching at the door. Well on second thought I guess it has made for great conversation for me and I am sure for him too!

Oops, that day was 2 days before they were born so I guess the infamous first year had not even began and iwas already delirious so my kiddos are lucky to be alive and well 5 years later LOL!!

From the first year, I would go back and relax and realize that things were perfect. I had healthy babies.

Edited by Heathermomof6, 09 May 2012 - 09:48 PM.

Posted Image x 3 (94,96,98)
Posted Image 2007
Posted Image 2011

Posted Image

Posted Image

#25 AandWmom

AandWmom

Twinstuff Forum Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:18 PM

I only have 5 weeks until mine turn one and I am wondering where the time has gone. In the begining I did a lot of obsessing over a schedule and setting up good sleep habits. I wish I had relaxed more and spent more time snuggling them. However, I will say they are great sleepers and on great schedules so maybe it was worth it. Hahaha.

The feeling I get each morning I go to get them out of their cribs and they bust into the biggest smiles makes it all worth it.
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users