9 replies to this topic

#1 agmommyof2

agmommyof2

Twinstuff Forum Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:
    My hobbies include traveling, skiing, and attending the boys' sporting events.

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:05 PM

my identical 12 year old boys (13 years in august) are sooooooooooo sweet. They sleep in the same bed every night. if i were to tell one of them to get in their own bed, it becomes a hardship & they end up together anyways. They each have their own rooms. is this common for multiples to sleep together when they are 13years? and if so, when is a common age they seperate? any negatives if i let them work it out on their own & wait for them to naturally seperate without me telling them to. i would love to hear from parents of teenage id boys that have experienced this first hand or siblings.

#2 stinkyhobo10

stinkyhobo10

100-Post Club

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:
    I love volleyball, reading, Broadway, Idina Menzel, Alice Ripley, hanging out with my friends.

Posted 18 July 2008 - 08:12 PM

Well I'm not a parent and I'm not a boy, but I am an identical twin girl. biggrin.gif My sister and I are 16 and we still sleep together sometimes. Its creature comfort and tt probably has something to do with being together for so long. It doesn't seem like a problem and if they don't want to sleep alone then why should they. Until it becomes a problem then I think they should be fine.
Sometimes it's tough having a twin. The love is so intense but so is the hate. (Nicholas Brendon)

melissa identical sister to melanie

#3 Zibeline

Zibeline

100-Post Club

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 01:23 PM

I'm not identical at all and I dont have kids but when we got separate rooms (when we were 9), I still liked to sleep in my brother's room. Especially when I was scared. Last time I did that... I was 16 ! (Btw, we share our room when we go somewhere and I must admit that I feel safer with someone else with me, that's also why I like spending nights with friends)

It's really hard to separate twins !

Edited by Zibeline, 20 July 2008 - 01:24 PM.

20 years old girl - Fraternal Twins [g/b] - 10 weeks premature
Posted Image

#4 Donita

Donita

22500-Post Club

• Hall of Honor
  • 24,763 posts
  • Interests:
    Tae Kwon Do, gardening and baseball.

Posted 20 July 2008 - 07:48 PM

My girls still sleep together sometimes and they are 13. Like the pp-ers said it's just a comfort thing. I have no intentions of telling them they have to sleep in their own beds, I figure they'll eventually want to.
Donita, Mom to
Brad 8-29-87
Caleb 5-31-90
Daniel 3-29-94
Heather, Megan and Tyler 6-21-95

Be Happy While You're Living For You're a Long Time Dead - Scottish Proverb

"I would like to be able to admire a man's opinions as I would his dog - without being expected to take it home with me."

Frank A. Clark

#5 Brizzy_Twins

Brizzy_Twins

2500-Post Club

• TS Rewards Member: Gold
  • 2,696 posts
  • Interests:
    music, computers, friends, cooking, singing, making websites, reading, writing, Wildlife warriors, scrapbooking, songwriting, photography, making home videos.. and lots more

Posted 21 July 2008 - 03:33 AM

we have our own rooms but we like to sleep in the same room alot, we'd just carry a matress into on our rooms. We got our own rooms at 13 years old and it takes awhile to get used to it. Its a comfort thing and makes u feel safe and secure. We even sleep in the same bed sometimes expecially if we go away to a friends/family's place. Though we have to admit we love to talk and be in the same room at night. (and sometimes we get into trouble for staying up and talking to late at night smile.gif Its a twin thing and its so hard to be away and seprated from your twin. Its the kinda thing only twins understand.
I dont see any problem with it.
I'm Tamara - Identical Twin Sister to Alisha from Brisbane, Australia
Stage 2 - TTTS Survivors and Born 16 Weeks Premature
Tamara & Alisha (22 Years Old) 22 May 1991
Email me: tamara@maraslastingmemories.com

Mara's Lasting Memories: Digital Media Business:

"Dont Let them fade away with time, affordable prices for all your digital needs."
My Website|| My Business Facebook Page||

#6 MamaKim

MamaKim

30000-post club

• Hall of Honor
  • 30,044 posts
  • Interests:
    Does the noise in my head bother you? Into healthy living, Aerosmith (and all music), reading, my kids, my dog, and life!

Posted 23 July 2008 - 05:46 AM

My boys, now 14, tend to bunk in with Sean most nights, especially now during the summer. We spent the entire weekend of Memorial Day moving the boys around so everyone has their own room. It lasted all of two nights before they started sleeping in with Sean again. laugh.gif To his credit, Sean is an awesome big brother and allows them in his room.

Kim Posted Image --

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. ~ the Demon of Screamin', Mr. Steven Tyler

Married to my college sweetheart, Lou, since 4/27/85 Mom to Sean Patrick, 6/30/90 Posted Image and identical boys, Brian John and Craig Francis, 7/6/94 Posted Image

Our furbaby, Piper Rose, 4/13/03, (a Cairn terrier terror)

And on the eighth day God created ^(A)^EROSMITH . . . Posted Image

#7 Donita

Donita

22500-Post Club

• Hall of Honor
  • 24,763 posts
  • Interests:
    Tae Kwon Do, gardening and baseball.

Posted 24 July 2008 - 10:55 AM

Last night Tyler slept in the girls' room. I thought about this thread when Daniel came to tattle on Tyler for being in there. I think Daniel was a bit disappointed when I just said "okay". laughing.gif
Donita, Mom to
Brad 8-29-87
Caleb 5-31-90
Daniel 3-29-94
Heather, Megan and Tyler 6-21-95

Be Happy While You're Living For You're a Long Time Dead - Scottish Proverb

"I would like to be able to admire a man's opinions as I would his dog - without being expected to take it home with me."

Frank A. Clark

#8 twinness

twinness

Valued Twinstuff Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 05:10 PM

My sister and I got our own rooms when we were 15. We shared a room until then but on occasion we would sleep in the same bed. I usually sleep in her bed if I'm scared. Like last night there was a bad thunderstorm so I went in and slept in her bed. We're 16 btw. I don't see a problem with them sleeping in the same bed. Its very comforting sometimes.

#9 CatherineMay

CatherineMay

50-Post Club

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:
    Art journalling, writing, daydreaming away and sunlight. ♥

Posted 09 August 2008 - 05:58 AM

I fall asleep on my brother's bed all the time and we're nineteen. blush.gif

It's a comfort thing, at least for me. I go there to talk or watch movies with him and fall asleep. It's never been that big of a deal, just something that happens.

Catherine May

Posted Image

The pink to his blue

my tumblr | my livejournal

#10 Evelyn

Evelyn

250-Post Club

• Members
  • 361 posts
  • Interests:
    violin, singing, reading, writing, photography, swimming

Posted 10 October 2008 - 12:30 PM

My sister and I share a room, because we have a big family. Somehow I always end up in her bed. But I feel scared when I'm alone, and I feel safe when I'm with her. I don't know how to explain, it's a twin thing. But, when I went to summer camp without her, I could barely sleep, I would sleep with my camp friends, but it, of course, was not the same.
They are probably just having seperation anxieties. My sister and I have a problem with that. It's normal, and nearly all twins get it. Don't worry!
http://by.lilypie.com/3v0ym8.png
http://by.lilypie.com/pSaXm8.png
http://by.lilypie.com/sQQ6m8.png
http://by.lilypie.com/FIWNm8.png
http://by.lilypie.com/sjMCm8.png
Of Six Children
Danica-17,Dakota-16,Evelyn-13 Monica-13,Genevieve-8, Jack-5

Identical Twins, Evelyn and Monica
Dakota is sixteen!!!
Danica is seventeen!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users