Big Brother

Discussion in 'General' started by krysn2ants, Jul 1, 2009.

1. krysn2ants

krysn2ants Well-Known Member

Kendra...Big Brother is starting soon, I think I saw it's starting July 9th. I'm excited, I can't wait! LOL It doesn't seem like summer til BB has started.

2. cohlee

cohlee Well-Known Member

I could not agree more! Its the trashiest show on television, and I hate hate hate reality tv, but I am such a sucker for this show!

I want to be on it!

3. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I can't wait. Its the ultimate summer show. I'll have to find a good "extra" site. ;) ;)

4. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

I love BB!!! Cohlee I think you would be great on that show!!

5. swp0525

swp0525 Well-Known Member

:yahoo: :yahoo:

6. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

:yahoo: I've been waiting all summer.

7. krysn2ants

One week from today everyone! WOOHOO!!!! :woohoo: And, Kendra, let me know what site you find...I'll be checking it out too. I wonder what surprises they'll come up with this season?

8. nymom4

nymom4 Well-Known Member

I can't wait until Thursday! Summer wouldn't be the same w/o Big Brother!! :drinks:

9. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

When I saw this thread, I thought I had missed the first episodes and was upset. I am glad to hear that it starts Thursday. I better get the DVR set up now!

10. ckreh

ckreh Well-Known Member

The DVR is set. We can't wait. DH & I got hooked on BB late, season 4 I think, but look forward to it every summer now. We have to DVR the episodes because I started back to college last week and of course BB is on both my class nights. Forgot about that when I picked class nights :pardon: . It will be my study break guilty pleasure.

11. nessas3girlsandtwinboys

nessas3girlsandtwinboys Well-Known Member

woot!! can't wait! hope there's lots of drama lol

12. butterfly02

butterfly02 Well-Known Member

I am so excited, it starts tomorrow! Should be interesting to see the dynamics as the them is cliques from high school :)

13. mrschenoweth

mrschenoweth Well-Known Member

Me too!!! :popcorn:

14. Kendra

Tonights the night!

A friend of mine says there are good spoilers on twitter. bigbrotherscoops or bigbrotherscoop. I don't twitter so I'm going to keep looking.

15. krysn2ants

Soooooo....what'd everyone think??? LOL

I can't believe that you-know-who (sorry, I can't find the spoiler-cover code...LOL) is the 13th house guest and is HoH!!! The new Clique idea is kind of interesting in that the entire clique is safe for that week when they win HoH, we'll have to see how that plays out during the game tho. I can kind of see that going bad for a few people, like if a bunch of them want out a certain person but their clique keeps winning stuff and being safe, they'll be riding coat-tails.

16. nessas3girlsandtwinboys

nessas3girlsandtwinboys Well-Known Member

I enjoyed it last night! Won't be long before the drama starts lol I can't believe "insert name here" is back either! I was just glad it wasn't WaaAmber...I was secretly hoping the 13th guest would have been dick lol

17. sulik110202

Don't you think they will forgo the clique teams after a few people are voted out? Otherwise whichever team looses the 1st member, will just get picked off. I wish Dick would have come back and am not excited that it was who it was. I didn't like that person when they were on before.

18. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

This season looks like it should be interesting. I think if the same clique wins every time, they might get rid of the earlier than they planned. But you never know.
    will this work

To get the spoiler just tpe [ spoiler ] with out the space [ / spoiler ]

19. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

I wouldn't have minded seeing Cowboy play another season, but hope they get Jessie out soon. Sorry if that spoils something for someone, but don't read the thread until after you watch the show. I have a feeling the cliques will go like the couples did that one season. It will last for a few weeks and then they will all be for themselves. It is an interesting idea though. If you think about it though, wouldn't the jocks be more likely to want to get rid of the other jocks at the beginning to get rid of their physical competition? I have a feeling the groups will be happy to be safe when their person has HOH, but will be secretly trying to figure out how to get their members out when they aren't.

20. cohlee

cohlee Well-Known Member

I finally watched it last night, I can't believe he is back! I almost stopped watching it before because of him, he makes me want to vomit!

21. Kendra

Save for Jesse I don't really see any real loathsome characters this year. I never remember hardbody boy names right off but if they hang around I usually start to so those two guys left no impression. Casey reminds me of Mike Boogie which isn't a good thing.

Michele is probably the most like me except I think her lying about her job will haunt her. And the girl who said she was 18? you have to be 21 to even apply to be on the show!

22. krysn2ants

Yeah, I thought about that too when she lied and said she was 18. Then, the one guy said that they'd talk about her real age later...LOL I can't remember his name right now. Another episode tomorrow, woohoo!

23. Kendra

I can company come in in the middle so didn't watch very closely. I think one of the nominees was picked because Jessie's closest ally probably has a crush on her but doesn't want to so he wants her gone. Thats my theory I'm working on right now.

I think I'm going to have a spoiler free season.

24. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I only saw the end of it! I have to set up the season pass.

Is Jessie the one that came back? He's not smug enough :cool: GOOD GRIEF!!

25. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

Man second show and I already can't stand Jesse for the season. I'm so not happy with his nominations.

26. sulik110202

Does anyone else think Michelle (she is the PhD right? I hope I have the right name) is trying to act dumb and it is just annoying? I don't know, but she just bothered me last night and if that is her strategy, I think it will backfire at some point like a PP said.

I can't stand Jesse. I wish they could vote him out this week!

27. krysn2ants

I don't like Ronnie...the nerdy guy in the Brains clique. I think he's way too full of himself right now. I will admit that Jesse isn't one of my fav people either but I'm not happy about his nominations. I like Lydia and I was kind of surprised that he put her up just b/c what's his name in his clique (the other muscle-bound guy) wanted her put up...altho I can see his point, she is already "playing the game". Chima is way too much of a diva, I'm glad she got put up and even tho she's supposed to be the pawn, I hope she's the one to go home.

28. cohlee

cohlee Well-Known Member

If Jesse doesn't get booted next week I don't know that I will be able to watch it. He's nauseating!

29. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I am starting to think that Russell is more of a jack@$$ than Jessie! :bad: Oh my word!! They are something. DO THEY OWN A SHIRT??????????? :unsure:

Braden is rather odd....it'll be interesting to see what happens. I think they shot themselves in the foot by putting him up. Now Chima's gonna go and the popular Braden is going to be safe. Lydia was pretty shrewd!! She did good work! Quick, too!! I think I like the Off Beat group the best!

30. cohlee

cohlee Well-Known Member

BARF! Jesse Russell Natalie and Miss Boobs all need to go home. :bad:

I agree with Diane, Chima will probably go home, and then Braden will get his revenge.

31. Kendra

I hope Braden stays, hes pretty to look at. So's Jeff.

I thought that I would like Ronnie but, no. He reminds me of guys from high school. (I ran with the oddball/smarts -- small school)

I like Lydia but her Hello Kitty tat is going to bug the whole time shes there. She also has one of the sock monkey looking heads. Both are copy-written characters, I thought copyrights weren't allowed?

32. krysn2ants

LOL...I think the only shirts that Jesse owns, are all cut up. YUK, dude, we know ya got muscles just PUT ON A FLIPPIN' SHIRT WILL YA?!?!?!?!?

I def agree with you on this! Miss Boobs...that's funny!

33. Gordana

Gordana Well-Known Member

I'm not really liking this new season of Big Brother. I cannot stand Lydia, Jesse, Natalie, Ronnie, Russell and Chima. I was so annoyed with the eviction last night. Ronnie thinks he's another Dan (from last season) but he's just an idiot. He will be voted out soon when everyone realizes he has been playing all sides. Lydia is a drama queen. Jesse, Natalie and Russell are smug, arrogant jerks. Russell thinks he's controlling the game. I'd like to see him get evicted pronto.

I like Jordan and Jeff. Hopefully they will make it far in this game.

34. threebecamefive

threebecamefive Well-Known Member

Oh, man! Last nights show made me nauseaus! I watched this show the first few seasons, but then couldn't stomache it anymore. I started watching this season because I thought it would be a fun series to watch during my down time. I don't think I'm going to be able to do it though! It seriously pains me to see how mean they can get with each other. I try to remind myself they are playing a game, and they may not be like that in "real life", but I think that's only partly true. I know myself, and I can have a real sharp tongue when I'm angry and I'm not pretending for a second to be a perfectly sweet angel, but I can't lie to someone's face and I definately can't purposely degrade someone in front of others (or even in private), or cause a scene just to humiliate another person.

I think Russell is a real jerk and I didn't like how he went after Jeff in the backyard the other day. It creeps me out to watch Lydia "suck up" to Russell (and I had really liked her). I didn't like how Braden got so nasty to Lydia after he found out she "sold him out" - he didn't have to sink that low to get his point across (but I do understand how emotions get in the heat of the moment; it just wasn't his finest hour). Ronnie makes me want to barf with his "I'm so smart" attitude. And Chima's speech before the vote was a little "holier than thou" for my taste (I may have missed something that made it OK though - I didn't think Bradan had done half the things Chima mentioned in her speech, but I do believe I missed their whole conversation and what was said to or in front of Jeff when he was in the pool).

Anyway, does anyone else feel this way when you watch?

I do like Jordan (after watching the intro's the first night, I thought her syrupy sweet southern belle personality was going to make me ill, but it's been just the opposite!) and Jeff. Casey also seems to be cool.

Ugh. I have a feeling I'll still be trying to catch the next show, even though I took it off my DVR. Is this how the rest of you are? Do you get ill watching them be so mean and underhanded, but you just can't quit watching??!

35. Gordana

Gordana Well-Known Member

When Chima said that Braden is a bigot what was she referring to? Was Braden being a racist and what did he say? I didn't catch that part.