baby einstein DVDs

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by newtothis, Jul 23, 2009.

1. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

are there any good ones for newborns? i need some ideas for boring, rainy days, lol

2. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Baby Beethoven was a hit for my DD when she was small. However, the boys could care less about TV.

3. swilhite25

swilhite25 Well-Known Member

Baby Einstein didn't have enough action/movement for my lo's so we bought a Wiggles dvd and they love it. "You make me feel like dancing" and I break it out when I need to shower, cook or eat dinner for 10 minutes with my husband. It's our secret weapon! Hope this helps.

4. smitch

smitch Well-Known Member

Baby Mozart ROCKS!!!

5. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My two liked Baby Neptune.

6. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Baby Monet and the one with water - which one is that?

7. tinalb

Neptune

8. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

i have neptune on but they aren't really looking at the TV.
    i was hoping something 'better' or maybe one that was directed toward 2 month olds.

9. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

Baby Monet with the seasons here too!!! I'd put it on, put them in the exersaucers and shower!

10. tinalb

I think my two were a bit older than 2 months when they started paying attention to the TV. But they still won't sit for an entire video or show on TV. My 10 year old was like that & she still doesn't watch much tv today. :pardon:

11. ssb2e

ssb2e Well-Known Member

Mine loved Mozart at that age!

12. jwipper

jwipper New Member

My boys are 9 months old and love the "Animals on the Farm" Baby Einstein DVD. They will be paying no attention to the TV until I pop it in and the Rooster puppet starts to crow, they stop what their doing to watch. It really keeps their attention.

13. Halseyse

Halseyse Well-Known Member

I like baby einstein not only for it's content, but when the girls were that age [and didn't care what was on the boob tube] I liked the music it had. Now I put on the classical station for background music ^_^

We started out with the signing & the neighborhood animals videos. They Love them now :)

14. becky5

becky5 Guest

Mozart was one of the first ones that they enjoyed. They all have age recommendations on them, so I followed that. I put it on every night while I was trying to get dinner cooked. It was calming to them and allowed me to get something accomplished!

15. slr814

slr814 Well-Known Member

My babies love watching cartoons, so I got a baby einstein (wordsworth), and they weren't interested in that at all. They like stuff with a bit more action. Really anything that my older DD is watching will interest them too.

16. MelinaS79

MelinaS79 Well-Known Member

My two LOVE the baby einstein videos!! We started with Beethoven and Monet, and now we have added World Music, First Moves, VanGogh (which is super upbeat and cute for when you want them to stay awake and play), and Neighborhood Animals. They will be fussy as all get out, and as SOON as they hear that music (Beethoven in particular) they calm right down and watch the show. :) They are SO worth it!! :D

17. tbeards

tbeards Well-Known Member

My 5 month old (3-1/2 month adjusted) love the First Moves and First Signs DVDs. My 21 month dd also loves them as well but much more the first signs as she loves to do the signs.

18. heathertwins

heathertwins Well-Known Member

My two have loved them. Mozart and Beethoven in the beginning then world animals, mcdonald farm, neptune. I'm actually going to go and get another one soon. They love the music and so do I. My two are 20 months old now.