So what's the dumbest thing your kids have fought over?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Snittens, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

Right now, it's a thank-you note. :rolleyes: Are you kidding me?

2. frickandfrack

frickandfrack Well-Known Member

We have had that as well. In addition, they have regular disputes over junk mail and pieces of broken toys at the pool or park.

3. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Today? because every day is a new dumb thing! This morning the girls fought over who would play with a yellow plastic easter egg they found at the bottom of the toy box. Not the pink or blue or green ones they also found, it was the YELLOW one that was a prized possession this morning. I don't know why.

4. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

Chapstick. Every single chapstick they get (in Christmas stockings ... from the dentist ... or because Mommy was dumb enough to buy some at Target) has to be labeled with "A" or "S" or else they fight over it.

5. carmenandwhittsmom

carmenandwhittsmom Well-Known Member

Magazines. Which for us could be a real magazine, a sales paper, a catalog, or a flyer...

6. debid

debid Well-Known Member

Mine fought this morning over who gets to put the dead cricket in the trash :rolleyes:

7. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:laughing: Good to know I'm not alone with the fighting over dumb things.

Today has been a good day, we were busy and they didn't have time to fight over anything (yet ;) ) but yesterday they fought over who was going to take the bug out of the pool. :rolleyes: It was a very long and drawn out situation that took nearly 45 minutes to end. :umm: Lovely.

1 person likes this.
  8. KCMichigan

KCMichigan Well-Known Member

okay---this tops it all.

This morning they fought over who pooped more ...seriously.

"I pooped an elephant poop."

"So did I!!"

"Mine was bigger."

"No it wasn't"

"Yes, it was....it was super duper biggest ever elephant poop."

"MOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!! (wail) tell her *I* had the biggest poop."

UGH!!!! Yup fighting over bodily functions....ones that are long gone down the sewage system no less.

KC

1 person likes this.
  9. 40+mom

40+mom Well-Known Member

A recent one that sticks in my mind was the knock-down drag-out over who got to hold the slug that they found in the garden and who got to put it in the back of their tricycle and ride around with it dying in there.

"My turn to hold the slug!"
    "No, my turn!"
    "I want to put the slug in my tricycle!"
    "My turn to ride around with the slug!"

Needless to say, the poor slug didn't survive all the attention. Sheesh!

Meg --- mom to 3.5 year old boy/girl twins

10. ruthjulia

ruthjulia Well-Known Member

ROFL - only because mine have done the EXACT same thing (ok, maybe they didn't call it an elephant poop, but other than that, it was the same argument)! on the positive side, they also get really proud of each other for making big poops: "hey cam-en, wook at da big poop i did!" "wooooooooooooooow, aweesha, dat is a big one! good job!"
    dh and i just roll our eyes and laugh - what else can you do?

1 person likes this.
  11. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

:laughing: These are cracking me up! Well the fate of the poor thank-you note is that Ainsley tore it in a fit of "If I can't have it to myself, I will destroy it!", then Bea got upset and tore the rest of it into tiny pieces, then I got mad about all the little pieces and we had to clean them up. Maybe it's better when people DON'T send thank-you notes!

12. carmenandwhittsmom

carmenandwhittsmom Well-Known Member

Ahhh...the fate of so many of our magazines!

13. NINI H

NINI H Well-Known Member

I really needed those laughs today girls, thanks for posting!!!

14. Meximeli

Meximeli Well-Known Member

I'm trying to think if my girls have ever fought over anything that wasn't stupid. I'd ask why, but I fought insessitly with my brother, so I know it's just payback time.

15. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

Oh, these are awesome! :rotflmbo:

Objects? A cat hair.

Debates?

A: "Andrew is happy."
    I: "IVY is happy."
    A: (whining) "ANDREW is happy!"
    I: (whining/shrieking) "Don't want Andrew is happy! IVY is happy!"
    A: (screaming) "Don't want Ivy is happy! ANDREW is happy!"
    I: (screaming and crying) "No, IVY is happy!"
    A: (screaming and crying) "No, ANDREW is happy!"

I am not making this up. :crazy:

16. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

These are great!

For some reason, empty plastic Diet Coke bottles are hot items in our house, and K&K nearly get into fist fights over them. Almost anything else, Kevan will give up, but watch out if Karina tries to take his bottle away...

17. thetaphi_62

thetaphi_62 Well-Known Member

These are great!!

The other day in the car we had an arguement about colors,

A - "hey Ian, green says go."
    I - "No, Austin, red says stop."
    A - "NOOOOO Ian, green says go."
    I - "AUUUUUUStin, red says stop!!!"

This continued the entire way to school, fortunately only a 2 minute drive. They weren't even disagreeing with each other!! I just drove, laughing to myself.

18. ldrane

ldrane Well-Known Member

This one made me laugh out loud!

19. ldrane

ldrane Well-Known Member

:rotflmbo: That's hilarious!!!!!

20. 4lilmonkeys

4lilmonkeys Well-Known Member

A loaf of bread last night at the grocery store. Reese would grab it out of the cart, Riley would take it, Reese would take it back. At one point, there was a screaming tug of war until Riley discovered the jars of spaghetti sauce. It was completely pulverized by the time we got to the checkout, and I felt bad NOT buying it after they destroyed it.

This morning, it was over who got to put the ball in my (still full) coffee cup.

21. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

This one almost made me spit out my coffee just now. Also the one about who got to carry the dying slug around in the tricycle. What is it with dead/dying bugs? Mine always want to see the bugs I've just squashed with a kleenex (though at least they don't usually fight about it).

Their newest fight is not really over a thing, but they'll be happily talking to each other and being silly, and then one suddenly gets pouty and says, "No! I don't want [sister] to talk to me any more!" Then the other one can't figure out what she did wrong and gets really sad.

22. mel&3

mel&3 Well-Known Member

You guys are killing me!
    My girls never fight. HA!
    Yeah right. Anything is fair game, of course, but I love it when they fight over who gets to help with chores first. That's my favorite problem, too many helpers :)

23. Poohbear05

Poohbear05 Well-Known Member

Hmmm.. haven't seen THIS one posted yet:

One morning my girls fought over who got to wear which dress to school -- to bad it was 2 of the EXACT same dress!! They were balls out, shrieking, jumping and tearing each others hair. Finally, DH took both dresses (and the matching underwear and matching shoes they were also fighting over) and threw everything up in the air and said: "NOW figure out what is who's!" It took everything I had to NOT bust out laughing, and the girls were just staring up at him like, "what the hell just happened here?"

We have this fight a LOT, and ironically enough, we DON'T have that much matching stuff! (I REFUSE to dress them alike in MOST cases)

24. debid

debid Well-Known Member

We had a fun one today and I immediately thought of this thread. I'd been taking pictures and Trent told Trevor that if you get your picture taken, then you become a camera. Trevor came in whining that he didn't want to be a camera. Trent was right there telling him over and over that he was a camera. So, I grabbed the camera and took Trent's picture and said, "There! Now you're both cameras!" The tears just flew! I know, I'm horrible. I then told Trent that it doesn't feel so nice to be teased and that neither of them are cameras so he should stop being so silly because he's upsetting his brother.

And in case you're wondering, 8 hours of sleep, folks. They got 8 hours last night. They're napping now but what a morning!

25. lareesab

lareesab Well-Known Member

These are all great!! LOL My two stupidest things they have fought over are:

One of my hand mixer beaters and a piece of lint from the dryer vent. Those are my all-time favorites but there are hundreds of others that I can't remember! :)