Ideas for Christmas

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by brandycaviness, Oct 2, 2009.

1. brandycaviness

brandycaviness Well-Known Member

It is never too early to start thinking about Christmas :tomato: imo anyway. :laughing: In order to help everyone out, myself included. What is on your little one's Christmas list this year?

For us, we have

Big girl bikes
    Helmets (of course)
    Light Brite (thanks Michelle)
    Sleeping Bags
    Whack a mole
    Candy Land
    Chutes & Ladders
    umbrellas
    brooms
    tag reading system (g-ma)
    Step 2 vanity

That's all so far.

3 people like this.
  2. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

hmmm, no idea yet but my kids have my old light bright and love it!

3. ldrane

ldrane Well-Known Member

We(well really DH) are building them a playhouse and swing set.

4. bkpjlp

bkpjlp Well-Known Member

For my 3 yr old singeton girl, I'm thinking of:

hoolahoop
    umbrella
    backpack
    hair accessories
    Stampers with the stamp pads. She loves stampers.
    Crafty scrapbooking scissors to cut wavy shapes

Seriously - this age is awesome! She is so appreciative of anything and has no clue what the value of money is, so I'm not spending much. And when I say much, it probably won't be over $30.

5. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

I never thought of a light brite! I'm sure they would love it, but wouldn't the little pieces get lost everywhere? (I have only vague memories of them.)

Things I've already bought or am planning to buy:
    - bridges & tunnels for their train set -- to make it more fun to set up their own layouts
    - LeapFrog DVDs
    - firefighter costume
    - slippers
    - art supplies (mostly as stocking stuffers)
    - umbrellas
    - pop-up tent and tunnel

Sleeping bags is a great idea too. In fact I fuzzily remember promising that I would get them sleeping bags at some point. Plus, that would work well with the pop-up tent. ;) Glad I read this thread!

6. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:bow2: :bow2: Great ideas so far!! Thank you!

7. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

We have similar lists!! ;) We got them helmets for their birthday and they have Candy Land, but we're getting them the rest of the list above for them for Christmas!!

We also bought them a medical kit. They love to play with the one our friends have. And we bought them brooms. They love to help me sweep. I also want to get them ballerina style jewelry boxes. Every little girl needs one, right? :D

I love the stamp idea. I'm going to add that to their stocking stuffer list.

Oh, and one more thing. I love this calendar. I talk to them everyday about the date and weather, so I thought this was perfect!!

1 person likes this.
  8. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure! My two have so much stuff passed down from big sis that I can't think of a lot of ideas.

I really want to get them a train table with all the stuff, but I don't think they're quite ready for it -- they're still quite destructive, and I don't need more pieces everywhere. Maybe next Christmas.

Nadia just gave Karina all of her Snap n' Style dolls, so my little one is in doll heaven! Dolls AND lots of pieces to scatter! Woohoo! (BTW, these are awesome for anyone looking for dress-up dolls for 2- and 3-year-olds.)

Light Brite -- egad, choking hazard at our house. Kevan still eats the mulch on the playground.

Nadia has asked for another American Girl doll, and some Barbies. I'm thinking of getting her the Kidcraft So Chic dollhouse that I mentioned in another thread -- this would be sort of a joint gift, although K&K would have to grow into it.

She also wants some bunny slippers, and I'm thinking of getting a few book series -- the Nancy Drew Clue Crew looks promising.

Oh, and she wants a fishing pole. No clue what that's about -- DH and I hate to fish. :laughing:

9. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yes! They do LOVE it but I find those darn pieces all over my house!!

Thanks for the ideas! I am at a loss for what to buy this year, this is helping immensely!

10. mommyoftwins+2

mommyoftwins+2 New Member

OOOO great idea! I'm new here but I'll chime in.

Spike the dinosaur
    snow white baby set
    tinkerbell ANYTHING
    legos
    cars
    dvds

1 person likes this.
  11. plattsandra103

plattsandra103 Well-Known Member

tricycles
    cabbage patch dolls for each of them, with maybe a spare outfit
    dvd's--cars, bolt, and maybe a caillou
    hand puppets
    play food
    dr kit
    tea set
    something push-buttony and noisy--like a laptop or cash register or the like

12. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

I'm so excited, I found two firefighter jackets and a Thomas bridge (plus a bunch of random track) at the twins club sale! I got outbid on that same bridge on eBay and it wound up going for $20+ -- I got it, plus the track, for $5.

I also got them a couple of random baby dolls. It's not like they need more dolls, but they were so cheap and they were cute. And I got a garage that looks like the right size for Hot Wheels cars -- so now they need some more cars.

13. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

the girls are getting tags for their b-day this month. I think they are so cool.

tampoline net
    big girl bikes

They have have asked for:
    baby computer
    pogo stick (yes she is crazy)
    bikes
    ponies

14. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

Disney Princess Belle and Sleeping Beauty Styling Heads --better make-up on those than my girls
    Tinker Belle roller skates
    Aprons
    Toy Violin and Saxophone (my girls have gone nutso over this stuff)
    Barbie Fairy-tastic dolls
    Barbie Laptops
    Nail polish
    Dress up clothes, shoes, and jewelry
    Wow Wee Alive Baby Mini-Animals (went crazy over these, too)
    Learning Board Games
    DVD's

Birthday and Christmas are days apart so we'll be swimming in toys!!

My girls love necklaces so I'm going to get them their very own locket with their own picture on one side and me and DH on the other...nothing expensive, just something special for their own.

1 person likes this.
  15. naomi02

naomi02 Well-Known Member

The only thing dd has asked for are Dora dominoes & a Christmas stocking. Ds hasn't asked for anything. If we go by the toy aisle in the store, they want everything....but at home they never ask. I wonder if it's b/c I always fast forward through the commercials? I was kinda hoping they would ask for something this year b/c it's so fun when they get really excited. :)

I was thinking:

Radio Flyer rocking horse

Lite Bright (I worry about the pieces, too)

anything to do with trains for ds

But I just don't have too many ideas yet.

16. naomi02

naomi02 Well-Known Member

I almost forgot! I was thinking it'd be fun to get them a radio control car this year; they've played with friends' and LOVE them. Can anyone recommend one that won't fall apart?

17. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

We have the Parents Magazine one from Target. It's probably too young for your kids -- but, it's very easy, just one button. Push it, and the car turns in circles, and release and push it again, and the car goes straight.

My two LOVE it and fight over it...but even Nadia likes it, at age 5. Very sturdy. The only issue is that it's loud.

18. Kerry1976

Kerry1976 Well-Known Member

Haven't thought about it much, but thought I'd throw out some ideas since my twins had their 3rd birthday party today (they turn 3 on tuesday).

For boys:

Tools! My son is soooooo into Handy Manny it's not funny! lol
    Cars
    Dinosaurs

For girls:

Tinkerbell...anything!
    Barbies
    Dress up clothes

For either:

Doctor's kit
    Tag books/pen (my two sit for ages playing with these!)
    Blocks..yes, at 3 they are loving them now they can play together and build towers.

19. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

That is a great idea! :wub: My girls got a real necklace from my friend for their birthday and they LOVE it.

20. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

I have to admit I hadn't thought for one second about Christmas until I saw this thread. So, this is what I've come up with in the past couple of day:

Megablocks (we have one set but need more)
    Trains (same thing, one set, but need more)
    Marble run
    Lite brite (thanks for the suggestion)
    Sleeping bags
    Walking sticks
    Tea set
    Doctor kit

21. kturley

kturley Active Member

My oldest DD is three...what is a tag??? I feel so out of the loop! :p

22. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

For those of you that want a lite brite...we have a lite brite cube that is four sided and has two drawers. My girls sit on each side of it and have their own drawer to pull out the pegs...it's wonderful and there is no fighting over it and we didn't have to buy two.

23. brandycaviness

Thanks Rachel! I saw that in the TRU sale paper last week.

24. plattsandra103

plattsandra103 Well-Known Member

oooh i forgot to add, i'm thinking of getting them tents, too (thanks, liesel!)

25. ldrane

ldrane Well-Known Member

We are also thinking about doing a battery operated ride on car. I hadn't thought about (really thought they were still too young & wouldn't get it), but we went to my brothers house the other day and they both LOVED my nephews 4 wheeler. They weren't that great at steering it, but they knew to push the peddle.

Any recommendations? Which ones & what age do you think is best?? I was thinking a jeep. It's a 2 seater so they both could ride and a jeep is unisex.

26. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

I started my christmas shopping last week via craigslist!!! I got the girls a bunch of little people stuff (playhouse, town center, play ground, trains, school bus). That is going to be their big present since we are spending christmas on the opposite coast with DH's family. So they will come home to that set up under our tree after christmas. So now I have to think of something small and ship-able that I can send out to my ILs for them to open on Christmas morning.

Here are some ideas:

Magnetic Melissa and Doug 'paper dolls'
    Doctor and Vet kits
    Craft stuff

I didn't think they were old enough for games, but maybe I'll look into Candy Land.

27. Callen

Callen Well-Known Member

The Tonka Bounce Back Raceris excellent.

28. first_second_and_last

first_second_and_last Well-Known Member

We have the regular lite brite and it's a MESS. Those little pegs are everywhere. All the time. Grrr.

I was thinking of a doll house (and all that goes with it) for DD. She seems to like them at other places.

DS has tons of Geo Trax, and I see that they have a special set (or sets) from the movie Cars. He will LOVE that!

Little things:
    jewelry
    matchbox
    books
    stickers
    markers
    coloring books

I like those hopping ball toys. It has a handle on the top to hold on to and the kids sit on it and hop around. Has anybody had one of those? What do you think about them?

29. Sullyirishtwins

Sullyirishtwins Well-Known Member

Fisher-Price Talk CB
    Leapster
    More Wooden Train collection (Thomas & The Holiday Wooden Train and Wooden Railway Zoo Car)
    F/P dollhouse accessories (Garden Fun, Fmaily Room, and Camping
    Barbie VW car
    Hot Wheels (push 5 cars out)
    Cat (Yellow construction) Take-a Part Machine, Rugged Movers, or Mighty Dump Truck
    The Drum (by Parents)
    Wipe & Clean Learn to Write (Numbers, Animals, or Things & That)
    Crayola Crayon Town (Large Mat) Zoo
    Board games: Cranium Cariboo, 5 Little Monkey Jumping on the Bed, Uno Moo, and Boggle Jr.
    Vtech: KidiJamz Studio
    Betty Crocker Bake Set 30-piece
    Tinkerbell: Fairies 6-piece Figurines set

Bath towels for their bathroom!
    Underwears

*Hopping Balls (they used to play with it when they first got it and now it is just sitting there for the longest time.

1 person likes this.
  30. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Thanks Callen! You covered it for me!!! That's what we have! It's cool!

We are going with 2 wheeled Razor's (scooters) and I'm loving the LITE BRIGHT idea as well as Sleeping Bags!! :banana:

Thanks for the ideas Ladies!! :good:

31. traci.finley

traci.finley Well-Known Member

My girls are getting some kind of doll house. I am leaning towards the Calico Critters Manor house and let other family members help furnish it (instead of getting a bunch of stuff from relatives that they are not into.) Other than that, "Santa" may get them some tricycles/protective wear ... other than that, I have not thought about it! I can't believe it is almost Halloween!

32. IdenticalBoysNewMom

IdenticalBoysNewMom Well-Known Member

It's sort of more for us...sorta, but we're getting them:

DVD player for in the car!

It was expensive so we're giving it to them for their birthday, and assuming it will cover us for Christmas too. They get SOOO much from my parents and his parents that we really don't need to get them much, especially since they're birthday is coming up.

33. Angela0580

Angela0580 Well-Known Member

We are getting them
    Step 2 Vanity (from Santa)
    Pretend makeup, hair products, & jewelry for there stockings
    Toy dinasours (any suggestions, they LOVE dino's)
    Land Before Time movies (1&2)
    Disney Princess toys,they are really into them, and the snow white movie
    Abbie has not stopped asking for a Handy manny toolset, and Harlie wants a baby doll high chair, so they will get those.
    Grandparent gifts will be the Tag Reading system, and Little Mommy walk & giggle dolls.

34. brandycaviness

L&M got the Barbie Mustang for their b-day from the IL's. Honestly, I liked the Jeep better because the doors actually open on it I think. I hope they like it... My girls haven't cared too much for theirs and I hate it because I know it was expensive.

35. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

For ages 3.5ish and up, Parents brand Pop Beads. Keeps them entertained and fairly inexpensive!

http://www.amazon.com/Parents-68524-Pop-Beads-Snap/dp/B000UEJ8XG

1 person likes this.