Searing Abdominal Pain

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Kristin N, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Kristin N

Kristin N Well-Known Member

So about a week or so ago I started having a pain in my abdomin right in the middle on the top half of my belly. At first I thought it may be BH contractions because my tummy was really tight and it stopped when I guzzled water and sat down. Lately it has been happening mostly at the end of the day, but it has been everyday. It usually goes away when I sit down, but making dinner is becoming a task to be standing with such pain, I was close to tears yesterday :( I'm not too worried about PTL because it goes away and doesn't have any consistent pattern at all. Has anyone else experienced this? Any recommendations??

2. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

I am not sure what it is, could be BH's or PTL, but the best bet is to call your OB's office & explain to them what you are feeling :good: Even if you have an appointment coming up it is best to call when you are having any syptoms that may seem out of the ordinary for you :hug:

Keep us posted!!

3. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

I agree. I'm sorry it's bringing you to tears. :hug: :hug:

4. JShardy

JShardy Active Member

Hi Kristin, I am 27 weeks with ID girls. I am experiencing the same problem. I have an appt tomorrow and will ask the dr about it. The pain worsens throughout the day especially when I am standing. This spot on my upper abdomen is painfully sore to the touch. I can only assume that it's a result of my uterus stretching, but I have three kids (full term) so I wasn't expecting that much more stretching especially only being 27 weeks.

5. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I agree on calling your OB and letting them know how you are feeling, especially since it's bringing you to tears. :hug:

6. HollyP

HollyP Well-Known Member

Keep in mind, all your insides are shoved up high in the area you are describing. The babies are putting pressure on everything in there. That said, let your OB know - so they can help rule out a serious complication. I had similar pain, that in fact was due to pancreatitis, so not to scare you, but I really thought it was muscular or gas! Have it checked out to be safe :)

7. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

:hug: I am so sorry that you are in so much pain! I agree, that it is probably best to call your Dr and see what he/she has to say about it! :hug:

8. Kristin N

Kristin N Well-Known Member

What did your doctor say? I finally gave in and called. My doctor's medical assistant told me exactly what I thought she would...it's just the muscle stretching and separating, literally tearing, hence the burning. And of course there's nothing to do about it. I think I'm going to get a belly support band to help hold my muscles up. I never felt anything like this with dd, even up until the very end. It just hurts so much...how in the world am I going to make another 3 months!!! :cry:

9. tdhillon

tdhillon Well-Known Member

Thanks Kristin for posting the information you got from your doctor. I am experiencing the same thing and currently on bed rest. My doctor was also telling me about the muscle separation and said it will probably get worse before it gets better. The top of my belly and my ribs are burning all the time now and are very very sore. I think I am getting to the point of tears as well. It is getting harder to sleep at night. I try to sleep on my sides, but wake up to nothing by pain on my side, ribs, hips, and the top of my belly and not being able to sleep for long periods of time. An hour or two at the most. I really don't know how else to sleep comfortably and having to lay down most of the day doesn't make it easier. Please let me know if you do get a band and if it helps. I hope it does. I just keep thinking about the end to get me through it, I really don't know what else to do. I just want my babies to be healthy and try to take it a day at a time. I hope it gets better for you and know you have someone who is in the same boat, if that helps any.
    Taruna

10. JShardy

JShardy Active Member

Kristin, the doctor said it was just the muscle stretching. I am measuring full term for a singleton at 27 weeks! I had an ultrasound done and the estimate for their birth weights was 2 1/2 lbs for both girls. The doctor said they are in perfect concordance with each other. Hope things get better for you after you start wearing the maternity belt. My husband is getting me another one, which is the cradle support kind that goes over your shoulders and under your abdomen.