6 year old boy floating away in home made balloon

Discussion in 'General' started by twinbears, Oct 15, 2009.

1. twinbears

twinbears Well-Known Member

2. twinbears

3. twin_trip_mommy

twin_trip_mommy Well-Known Member

oh my goodness! Is there any new info?

Is this happening right NOW?

Was it homemade by someone in his family or did he get into some unattended balloon made by someone else? I cannot imagine the fear he is experiencing and the fear of his parents

When I read the title I thought maybe he got picked up by a bunch of helium balloons and floated a few feet off the ground. I did not imagine i would be seeing this.

Terrifying!

4. MrsBQ02

MrsBQ02 Well-Known Member

so is he ok?? or is he still in the air??!?!?

5. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Still in the air, they are trying to figure out how to rescue him iF he is indeed in the balloon. There has been a rumor that he 'fell out' shortly after it took off. Scary situation. :( I hope it ends good with a lesson learned.

6. twinbears

It is happening right now. As far as I know he is sitll in the air. Fox news is showing it live right now.

7. Orestia

Orestia Well-Known Member

Oh. My. God. I've got my fingers crossed :/.

8. twin_trip_mommy

I just turned on the news. They say it is at 8000 feet and traveling about 25mph Heading toward Denver. Which would be very dangerous because there would be more trees, highways and buildings.

I pray the child did fall out way before it got any height was attained. Also the balloon was made by the parents (father, a one time weather chaser). The bottom is thin plywood and was not intended to be a vehicle to be ridden in.

9. twinbears

Plus the door is unlocked so if he did fall out let it be while he was close to the ground.

10. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

Just turned on the news and saw this! Crazy! I hope they get him down safely!

11. twin_trip_mommy

They NEED to RIP that thing OPEN! NOW!

12. twinbears

I think they got it down and are looking for him now.

13. brandycaviness

brandycaviness Well-Known Member

Can you imagine what his parents are going through? I am trying to watch it online, but still don't know if they got it down.

14. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

Oh no, he's not in the balloon!

15. brandycaviness

16. twinbears

The boy was not inside the helium aircraft when it landed, CNN affiliate KMGH reported.

A sibling saw the boy get into the craft Thursday morning. Officials were concerned that the boy may have fallen out of it, an undersheriff said.

Margie Martinez of the Weld County Sheriff's Office said a sibling saw Falcon Heene climb into the basket before the balloon took off from his parents' Fort Collins, Colorado home.

Since the door on the balloon was unlocked, it's possible the boy had fallen out, Martinez said

17. twin_trip_mommy

oh goodness I pray he either never got in or fell out when it was low. This has been going on for over an hour. I pray he is alive and hiding someplace safe like under his bed.

18. a1cbrandy

a1cbrandy Well-Known Member

This is such a scary thing...I am praying for this boys safety!!

19. twinbears

I know I would of had to be sedated if I was the mom.

20. Lynz

Lynz Active Member

This is so heartbreaking to hear now he wasn't onboard and that there is a report that he fell out. On CNN they said this boy and his family were on the show "Wife Swap" and when I saw the picture of the family, it was like HOLY COW I watched their episode and thought the mother was crazy! This family is all about finding out the unknown, they take their kids tornado hunting. I think they were building that contraction when they were on the show. Who knew it would fly! After hearing this and remembering how out of control these kids were, its no wonder that curiousity got the best of him. But I hope and pray that he's found safe and sound.

21. twinbears

:faint:

22. brandycaviness

Do you have a link? they said the temp was 7 degrees at the altitude the balloon reached.

23. Daseechain

Daseechain Well-Known Member

The sad thing is, if he did fall out when it first took flight, I'm sure they would have found him by now. I am sure there were people combing the area to see if he had fallen out, even before they found out he wasn't in it.

There was a theory that he was never inside the balloon and that the family was doing this for attention. I think they would have found him by now, and I can't think anyone would go to that crazy length for publicity. I am sure they would face criminal charges if they had.

How incredibly sad. No matter how wacko this family is, they are going through a nightmare right now. I hope they can get answers soon. :cry:

Sara

24. twinbears

You would hope not. BUT he was in the air for three hours so he could of fallen out anywhere.

25. Daseechain

Daseechain Well-Known Member

I know, that is what is so sad to me. If he had fallen out right away, I am sure he would have been found by now. It looks more like he did fall out later, which means the balloon was higher. How devastating!

Sara

26. twin_trip_mommy

I still have the live feed on from watching this on line from a link posted here. They had a camera focused on the house and you can hear everyone in the area talking. They just now switched off that live feed but it was both sad and scary listening to and watching the area of the home.

So sad.

27. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

OMG I remember that family from Wifeswap.

28. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I remember that episode of Wife Swap too. I thought they were kind of nutty to take their kids into some of the dangerous situations that they did on the show. But how horrible for them if this whole story is true. I hope they find him safe & sound, just hiding somewhere.

29. Christel

Christel Well-Known Member

That poor family. I'm a little surprised that noone saw him fall out. There seems to have been a lot of media attention on the balloon as it was travelling. How sad for everyone.

30. MrsBQ02

It was in the air for THREE HOURS?!?!?!?!?! :woah: OMGosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow, I hope he's off hiding somewhere and is found safe very soon! :help:

31. MrsBQ02

I don't have cable, and can't get any of the live updates--- So during the whole 3 hour flight were there no images taken of the balloon that show that the kid was inside? You'd think someone would have had to have seen something!

32. a1cbrandy

a1cbrandy Well-Known Member

You have to see this video the boys made for the Wife Sawp show. I am just shocked at some of the things they say in it. And wondering if this isnt some kind of publicity stunt by the famliy..that seems a little off to me.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/15/falcon-heene-balloon-boy_n_322736.html

Brandy

33. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

You couldn't see in the thing. Envision what a stereotypical UFO would look like and that's what this thing looked like. It was all enclosed. I was thinking "hot air balloon" when I first heard the story as well. There was concern that if he was in there he would have been breathing helium that whole time and probably wouldn't have been alive after that long.

34. Orestia

Orestia Well-Known Member

They do have a picture of a mass dropping from the balloon, supposedly some kind of box.

http://www.denverpost.com/

I hope -- I really, really hope, that if he was indeed inside there when it fell, that the helium killed him. This is so horrible.

35. Jaimie

Jaimie Well-Known Member

They just said on the fox link that the boy is home safe and was hiding all along in the attic in a box. So he is safe and was not in the balloon.