Expecting MoMo twins 13 weeks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by healer27, Dec 29, 2009.

1. healer27

healer27 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone I'm new to the site and found this very awesome board, First I want to thank all the mommies who shared there stories here all the positive ending stories have brought me soo much hope. I'm a mommy to a 2 year old little girl, my hubby and i had been trying for over 9 months for our second child.. I had a u/s by my ob at 6 weeks and she saw one healthy heartbeat and I was thrilled last week (12 weeks) because I am over 35 I went to have my nuchal translucency scan, I was SHOCKED when the u/s tech told me I was having twins. Then the doc came and said they were in one sac and had one placenta, he was never negative but he never told me all the risk involved. He just told me that at 24-26 weeks I'd be admitted in pateint for monitoring at they'd take the babies at 31 weeks if not before depending on how I did. I really didn't understand all of it till i got home and googled. I spent christmas and the next few days in a blur trying to understand everything I think now everything is finally sinking in.. These stories have really helped to to stay positive I'm so afraid of my babies not making it till the 26 weeks. I have another scan with the perinatologiest in 4 weeks an I'm really hping maybe they'll find a membrane but if not just hat the babies are healthy. I've seen the monoamniotic.org website but when I try to register it doesn't allow me??? so obviously soemthing is wrong I did send a message asking for help to the help computer link listed but did not get a response. anyway, i've been googling my head off trying to find as much info as possible about everything. IF anyone has additional info please post.. thanks so much.

2. evemomma

evemomma Well-Known Member

I just wanted to welcome you here! Congrats on surprise twins, I can't imagine how hard it's been to process all the information they're throwing at you. I'm pg with di/di twins, so I don't have any advice on the shared sac/placenta...but it soonds like you doc is being VERY cautious, which is wonderful. I'm sure some other ladies will pipe in who've been in your shoes!

3. amymc72

amymc72 Well-Known Member

I, too, thought I was having mo-mo twins and spent a lot of time on monoamniotic.org - they do have technical difficulties from time to time, I'd try to register again in a few days.

The peri I went to found a membrane at 20 weeks - we had mono-di boys in September. I'd had 4-5 ultrasounds prior to the peri - so don't give up hope yet! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that they find that membrane!!

4. ChaoticMum

ChaoticMum Well-Known Member

HUGS HUGS HUGS! I have mono/di boys - we didn't see the membrane until the very last minute or two of my first u/s at 21wks. It was a fleeting glimpse of this wispy line that was there - then gone. I hope that you'll see it on yours in the new future.

That being said, I have no advice if they ARE Mo/Mo - I really hope the peri can give you more information!

5. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:Clap: Congrats on your twins.

:welcome: to Twinstuff

6. shj52429

shj52429 Active Member

Congrats! We too were very shocked to find out we were having twins and were told early on they might be mono-mono but we were thankful to find that they have a very thin membrane between them. My original OB Dr. said that the best time to determine that is around 12 weeks which is when we first saw a perinatologist. We were only able to see the membrane through a vaginal ultrasound so there is hope that maybe there is one and they just couldn't detect it. Good luck either way!!

7. healer27

healer27 Well-Known Member

thanks everyone hopefully they'll find a membrane if not I'm just hoping for the best. Another question this is my 2nd pregnancy I thought I felt the babies moving on saturday night but really nothign the past two nights I never had any regular movement in fact that was pretty much the first night i felt definite fluttering around?? do you think this is something to be concerned over or is it too early for movement at this point?

8. becky5

becky5 Guest

:welcome:
    No, not too early! I did not know we were having twins until 21 weeks, but I felt flutters around 13-14 weeks, too! Nothing consistent until a few weeks later.

9. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:welcome: My identical girls have identical twin cousins who were mo/mo. My SIL had to be admitted to the hospital on bed rest at the beginning of her 3rd trimester (I think around 28 weeks but it may have been earlier) so she could be monitored at all times. Her girls were born at 36 weeks and had no NICU time. They are perfectly healthy 8 year old girls today.

10. mommy2kaleigh

mommy2kaleigh Active Member

Welcome! I was also diagnosed with MoMo twins and was terrified after I googled info about them! Thankfully at my 11 week u/s they did find a membrane separating them- with a vaginal u/s- we still weren't able to see it when she did it on my tummy. So I am having MonoDi twins...which I find out is much more common and many people are misdiagnosed with MoMo twins. Big hugs! And I hope they find a membrane between your babies too!

11. ChaoticMum

ChaoticMum Well-Known Member

I was 21wks when we found out about the duo, and I was only just feeling definite movement in the previous 3-4wks. I had NO Extra movment at all during the u/s - had no clue there were two in there.

12. WaterGuzzler

WaterGuzzler Well-Known Member

Welcome and congratulations! We, also, originally thought we might be having momos but they ended up finding a membrane later. I will keep you in my prayers that things will go smoothly (and that they find a membrane :) ). Twins. YAY!

13. slbird

slbird New Member

Congrats on your twins! I had momo twins in August at 32 weeks. Our goal delivery was 34 weeks bu the girls had other plans and we had to deliver at exactly 32 weeks due to decelerations in both of their heart beats. I had NSTs 3x/week starting at 25 weeks and daily at 27 weeks and then was inpatient at 29 weeks. I chose to start my inpatient stay later than many moms. 24-26 weeks is what I think most moms choose but the NSTs were going so well that we pushed my inpatient start date back. On my last regular NST the girls had some decels so I was admitted to the hospital following that NST but it was only a day earlier than the planned admission date! Good luck finding a membrane but if they are momo don't lose hope!

14. Jenn G

Jenn G Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your twins!! My boys were believed to be mo/mo at first but they did eventually find the membrane- which was ALWAYS very difficult to find. There are great success mo/mo stories on this board so you are definitely in the right place! Good luck and keep us posted! :)

15. inanity09

inanity09 Member

Hi. I'm 20 weeks pg with momos. It sounds like your doctor has the right plan for you. The monoamniotic.org site is really great for advice and is the only place I've found that's dedicated to momo pregnancies. I had trouble logging on there too, but found if you type in http://monoamniotic.org (without the www) in front, it seems to work. Hope you're able to get on!