American Idol Season 9

Discussion in 'General' started by dfaut, Dec 30, 2009.

1. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

2. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

Thanks for starting the thread Di! I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm looking forward to it! And I'm excited to see Ellen!!

4. twinstuff-old

twinstuff-old Well-Known Member

Doesn't the show typically go longer in the spring than March? Have they shortened the season at all or am I just reading the schedule wrong?

5. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Craig, that's just the beginning of the final 10 or whatever # they are doing at that point. That's when they get started with the "real" competition!!!

6. moski

Only two more days!! :woo:

7. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

I'm trying to get excited about the new season but I am so going to miss Adam. :( I loved him from the moment I heard him during auditions and knew he was something special from the start. He is what kept me interested last season as he was stellar, the best contestant I'd ever seen in any season. So, this is almost like a let down for me with no Adam to look forward to every week and no Paula. However, I love Ellen and of course Simon [​IMG] and am hoping there will be another contestant like Adam who just knocks my socks off with his/her incredible vocals!!

8. Mama_Kim

I'm ready!!!

9. MamaKimberlee

MamaKimberlee Well-Known Member

Every year I think I won't get into the show as much as I did the last year and then I do. First Carrie Underwood,then Davie Archuletta (and Cook). Each year I DID fall in love with someone, but then came Adam Lambert. :air_kiss: OOOOHHHHHH Adam.......

Sorry No one will top Adam.

But I'd love to see them prove me wrong!

10. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the Jim Morrison type dude tonight. He was a nice treat.

11. moski

I liked looking at Justin from Utah. I could go swimming in those blue eyes :wub:

Some of those young girls had great voices. And it was fun seeing Boston on it!!

12. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

Did I see Clark Kent on there? For a minute I thought Superman was auditioning.

13. moski

That angry young man? I was thinking the same thing!! :laughing:

14. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

Yes, the anger gave it away though...maybe he was an alter ego :D

15. twinstuff-old

I don't think we saw any incredibly talented singers tonight though - not sure if anyone from Boston (or at least those they showed on TV tonight) make it to the final 10? The female who sang Alicia Keys right before the Jim Morrison drummer dude who did Marvin Gaye's Let's Get it On was also pretty good. But it seemed like it was more of the personal stories rather than just drop-dead talent.

16. Mama_Kim

Same here. :lol:

17. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

I missed the 1st half of the show so maybe they addressed this, but where was Ellen? Is she not going to be a part of this stage of the competition?

18. moski

I don't think that she was announced as the new judge until after the auditions. So I am assuming we will see her in Hollywood.

19. moski

I think that them spending 5 minutes ridiculing that poor kid from Alabama was ridiculous.

20. twinstuff-old

Better talent tonight than last night. The woman from South Dakota reminded me of the tatooed mom from Utah from last season who was a finalist (Rockin' Robin).

21. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness! "Pants on the ground. Pants on the ground. Lookin' like a fool with your pants on the ground." I hope I can move like that at 62. I agree though, much better talent tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSLc64JGbDE

22. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

Yeah, he had some moves!! I hope I can move like that at 62 as well!

I was hoping to see Ellen during the auditions as well!

23. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

You know the best friends...I bet they planned to go in together knowing one could sing and the other could not just to get the one in. It may have gotten them in the audition being all cute together.

24. moski

The pants on the ground guy has like 3 fan pages on FB already!!!

25. Mama_Kim

How about Skiiboski? :rofl: The thing is, the dude could really sing. Drop all that "stuff" and just sing!

I liked the sweet little country girl from Vonore, TN. She could sing and there was something so vulnerable and adorable about her.

The "Pants on the Ground" guy was great! :lol:

26. moski

Hey, she gets to ride on an aeroplane now! :D She was really sweet. The way she was talking about buying her new dress for the audition just broke my heart.

And Skiiboski...with the shirt spelled wrong? :laughing: He did have a good voice.

27. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

PRICELESS!!! :rofl: :good:

The one appeared pretty cross eyed didn't she?

Ski boski with a TYPO!!! :roflmbo: He's not going to drop the act and they'll cut him at Hollywood week!

Mary J. Blige couldn't contain herself and it was cracking up! :laughing:

28. twinstuff2

twinstuff2 Well-Known Member

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/idolchatter/post/2010/01/general-larry-platt-a-closer-look/1

General Larry Platt actually is a highly respected community activist and civil rights leader in Atlanta who has marched with Martin Luther King. In its own unique way, American Idol did a lot last night to honor a civil rights pioneer. And his song was catchy, dangit!

Vanessa Wolf, the small town girl from Vonore, Tennessee, was my favorite. She reminded me of the sweet barefoot girl from Idaho last year (Rose Flack, I looked it up) who had a run-in with the bikini girl in Hollywood. Hopefully Wolf can make it further than Flack. She appears to have a little more natural talent but her small-town ways could make it awfully tough for her in Hollywood.

Speaking of Hollywood, did you know that the guy in Boston who sang the Michael Buble song (Justin Williams - the song was Feeling Good) actually made it to Hollywood last year on Idol. He was the cancer survivor who they featured Tuesday night. Last year he didn't get much airtime at all but he was in the little group White Chocolate in the group auditions along with Kris Allen and Matt Giraud (the winner and one of the final 8 or so?). Here's the link to their performance from group week.

http://idol-mania.com/american-idol-fan/2009/02/04/white-chocolate-american-idol-2-4-09-video/

29. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Mark, I did hear about the guy with cancer and saw his audition with that group. Hopefully he'll make it further.

I was thinking the PP was talking about Megan Joy? I'm not remembering the girl you are talking about.

Interesting notes about Larry Platt!! Thanks for that! There's a new remix on youtube that's awesome!!

30. Mama_Kim

31. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

32. twinstuff-old

Extremely boring audition episode tonight with no memorable singers, either those who you could see advancing far or those notable for their horrible singing skills. Even the salute to Obama at the beginning of the show seemed out of place. Audition shows continue to be too long...

33. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I agree!!

34. Mama_Kim

Yep, agreed. Still looking for this season's Adam! [​IMG] BTW, hope you all saw him on Oprah yesterday. Amazing as usual!!

I did enjoy Shania Twain. She was cute.

35. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

I found myself flipping around a lot during this episode. BLECH! Agree, definitely boring!