This Week's Appointments Jan. 25-29

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by summerfun, Jan 25, 2010.

1. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

This is our weekly appointment thread for the week of Jan.25-29. Please reply here and let us know any appointments you have this week. Don't forget to come back and update us on how the appointment went. Good luck at all appointments. :)

2. leaudemiel

leaudemiel Well-Known Member

This week we're meeting with a new OB on Wednesday afternoon. We'll be at 18 weeks, so I am hoping they take a peek at the babies, see if they are mono/di or di/di and maybe their sexes...

3. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:good: Good luck!!!

4. leaudemiel

leaudemiel Well-Known Member

Well, the new doctor was pretty great. He was patient and kind and answered all of our questions. We found out the babies are di/di (we had asked the previous doctor but no one ever told us!), and growing great.

At one point when reviewing my records, he said that my AFP test came back really high, 1/110. I panicked, having been told yesterday by my old doc that it was negative. But they never thought to send it along to my new doctor! So we called and they finally got the recalibrated results over, and it was fine. But man!

He said he expects me to stop working at 28 weeks, which was kind of a shock. I knew bed rest was an option and a reality, but so soon?! He said if my job is a desk job and I dont stand much we can talk about it as we get closer.

During my exam he said I had a very narrow birth canal and that the angles of my pelvis made him thing I will likely have a c-section... never heard of this one before! But there are three docs there, one of whom has twins, so I feel like that will also be discussed in the future.

They were shocked we hadn't seen the babies since 12 weeks! (Me too!)

And the ultrasound tech was 90percent sure baby a is a boy. Couldn't tell with Baby b, it was playing with its umbilical cord too much.

So, all in all, good day!

5. lisagayle

lisagayle Well-Known Member

I have an appointment tomorrow with my OB. Not sure if I'll make it as we're forecasted for a pretty nasty ice storm starting tomorrow morning. But we'll play it by ear! :)

6. KStorey

KStorey Well-Known Member

We have an appointment on Saturday with our midwife to set our birth plan. At this stage we are looking at a c/s so won't be much to plan there but I'm hoping Baby A will turn and then we can set a new birth plan. It's getting closer!!!

7. We had our 18w anatomy scan on 1/26 (yesterday). The babies are looking good. We found out that they are both GIRLS!! So exciting. They asked us to come back in three weeks because they couldn't see the heart for one of the babies as clearly as they would have liked. All in all, a great appointment. We hadn't had an u/s for 6 weeks (since week 12) so I was really anxious before the appointment.

Can't wait to see them again in 3 weeks.

Shal

8. lisagayle

Had my appointment today with the OB. They did a cervix check and she said everything looks nice and tight and closed up! Babies looked great on the ultrasound, too. Both are head down with their little noggins together.

9. kmay

kmay Well-Known Member

This week we had our pre-op appointment, got my tubal ligation paid for and are ready for Feb 5th when the babies are scheduled to come! I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow, not dialted, iron cervix! LOL

10. lisagayle

Are you having a tubal ligation at the same time as your c-section? I'm just curious because my DH and I have been discussing this lately as we already have a 2 1/2 year old and once we have the twins we feel that our family would pretty much be complete. Can you still be conscious during the c-section or do they put you completely out since you're having the extra procedure? I'm just curious! Thanks!