Ultrasound personality

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by MsTasha, Feb 13, 2010.

1. MsTasha

MsTasha Well-Known Member

Do you think your babies personality in utero was similar to how they acted when they were born? My baby B (a boy) has always been a bit larger and very active. Baby A is calmer and a little smaller. I wonder if they are already have those personalities (somewhat) or if it changes. Some things I have read say that it is possible that the less active baby becomes a lot more active after birth because they finally have the room and other things say they pretty well keep the same personalities. I also wonder if you can tell more with multiples because you see them so much more often to really be able to see if their personalities in utero are consistent over time.

2. tracilynn

tracilynn Well-Known Member

Yes! It was true for mine(my singletons anyway). My daughter was very calm in utero. I rarely felt her move or kick and after she was born she was a very laid back easy going baby. My little boy was the opposite. I felt him weeks before I felt my dd in utero and he was very active, felt like he was doing gymnastics in my belly (he hurt me at times he kicked so hard) and he was very much the same after he was born, just wild & still is. He always had the hiccups too and did after he was born as well and still does actually. So far my twins are both pretty laid back in utero but it is still early and who knows what they will be like when they are actually here.

3. Sunny

Sunny Well-Known Member

My kiddos are still in utero, but my friend with 2-year-old twins said their personalities were the same in the womb as they have been since. Her daughter was very active and turned into a fiesty little girl, and her son is more calm and shy.

4. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

It was true for my guys. My baby B was way more active and still is then his brother.

5. lisagayle

lisagayle Well-Known Member

For my singleton pregnancy it definitely held true. My DS was always very laid back, made very slow movements and always looked so peaceful. When he was born, he came out sleeping 5 hours at a time, rarely crying and when he did cry he could be easily consoled. :)

6. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

This is exactly how mine were inside and still are to this day. Actually the difference is more pronounced now if anything. My ds was very active inside and is a very mischievious active little guy. dd was very still inside and now just loves to read books, snuggle and be still and quiet.

7. Kristin N

Kristin N Well-Known Member

Although mine are still pretty new, and they seem to change every week, they seem different than in utero. I always felt baby b more than a, and now baby a (cooper) is my more exaggerated baby and b (liam) is my more zen baby. Could be because A was tucked more inside and was harder to feel, and B was resting more toward the front so it was more pronounced. I'm sure they will change again tomorrow...:)

8. kcprochazka

kcprochazka Well-Known Member

My girls were exactly the same inside as out. DD1 was the drama queen inside - very active and always kicking her sister in the face and head. She's still the more agressive of the 2 and tortures her poor little sister. DD2 was very active inside, but not nearly as aggressive and was always snuggled up in my ribs. She's still the same today - she loves to snuggle too.

These boys are so much more mellow. When we see them on the u/s they are so much more gracceful than the girls were and are always chilling - stretching and yawning. They don't kick at each other and are usually just playing with their hands. I can't believe how different they are from the girls. Hopefully that will stay throughout birth. Although I joke that being #4 and #5 they will have to be patient and mellow whether they like it or not!

9. horizon250

horizon250 Well-Known Member

Ellie was more active in-utero- kicking and such and she is much more active in real life too. Sometimes I even reminisce about the similarities.

10. newpairofschus

newpairofschus Well-Known Member

OMG, they are EXACTLY who they were!!! During one of my early u/s's, Baby B was continually rabbit kicking A in the head while A just took it. He NEVER sat still during my u/s's, and during the last 3 u/s he switched from vertex to transverse or breach mid-exam. Made my tech and Dr. crazy. Baby A was always vertex, and always chilled out. Some days he made me worry about him because there was SO much movement on my right side and none on the left.

At 9 mos, B NEVER sits still, is constantly poking and pawing at A and is always, always stealing his toys. I said from the early days on that he was going to be a trouble maker and I stand by that. A is a gentle soul who is perfectly content sitting in one place rather than learning to crawl.

Eve

11. emp59

emp59 Well-Known Member

In utero, Baby B was so active! The sonographer used to laugh every week and tell me how she was going to be such a handful. And she is! I felt Baby A less and she was never quite as active which is true. She is my easier baby and is a little more stubborn :)

12. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My A was an u/s ham. He wanted to be in every pic. Sometimes they'd start with him then try to find B. I'd hear, "wait, that's still A" a lot. Or it would be a trans vaginal u/s checking fir cervical length at 31 weeks. He'd try to get in that shot as well- someplace he had no business being! Conversely, it took until about 20 weeks to get a good shot of B. I have ones where he's an alien, but a genuine baby? That took awhile.

Fast forward to now. A is a total smiler. He smiles at everything, camera included. He giggles and squeals with delight at the drop of a hat. B- does smile, he is grateful for a good meal, but nothing like A. B growls, in fact.

13. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

YES!!! We actually named them accordingly because Meara is so my DH (and her middle name is my MIL's middle name). She was CONSTANTLY flipping around and now she is the same way (one of her favorite things is to backflip off furniture :wacko:). Compare that to my Ana who is me, much more calm (her middle name is my grandmother's name). She used to find a comfy spot (usually up next to my stomach- ouch), and just park it there for DAYS! And now today she is the same way. She will find a comfy spot on the couch or by the back door in the sun and sit and play or read books.

14. tundrababy

tundrababy Well-Known Member

Very much for same for me - Baby A - very active, constantly kicking his brother and mommy. Baby B scared me a few times when I didn't feel him move for hours, he is still my laid back boy.