Ipod/phone App

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Utopia122, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

I don't know how many of you have an Ipod or Iphone, but I wanted to share an excellent app that you can download. It's called Teach Me: Kindergarten and it's full of great things. It teaches them subtraction, addition, beginning sounds, sight words, and gets harder as they go through the program. My girls have played it all weekend and it just took them a couple of times to get down how to do the subtraction. They can earn coins and then buy stickers to put on different scenes. Some of the stickers cost different prices, so they have to understand if they have enough money. It does cost...I think 0.99, but it is fantastic. The only bad thing is that you have to exit out and then go back in to change players. As a parent you can go in and see how many coins they have earned and how many questions they have gotten right. We are still on level one, but I can't wait to see the type of stuff it makes them do as they progress.

Some of the reviews say it is too challenging for their 3 year old and not challenging enough for their Kindergartener...my girls are 4 and I think it is really good for them and they have already started to understand the concepts better.

Anyway, just thought I would share. Here's a link if you would like to see...Teach Me

2. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Thank you :good: I love my ITouch for the kids. I think I might skip the Nintendo DS phase and go for an ITouch if they come down in price. The savings on games alone I think will be worth it.

3. Callen

Callen Well-Known Member

They are playing it now. Thanks Rachel :)

4. DATJMom

There is also TeachMe: toddler for the littler ones. My boys like that one. :good: Leah loves the Kindergarten one.

5. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Oh my kids love that one too. There are SOOO many great ones for the kids. If you go to kids educational games in the itunes apps..there are so many great ones. I am so impressed with how much my kids have learned from it. The itouch has been so great for us. A life saver alone for drs office visits!!! And the fact that they are learning something from it makes it even better!!!

6. DATJMom

Jen, I totally agree. That little thing is amazing!

7. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

I agree..I love the itouch..orignally got it for me, but my girls play with it just as much.

8. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing! I downloaded it last night and I'll let them give it a try this weekend. My DH and I both have iPhones and they are lifesavers sometimes when we have inpatient kiddos waiting for dinner or other things.

9. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

Both girls really like it. Thanks. Another good one for the younger kids is Monkey Preschool. My girls are almost too big for it though