Brown Pregnancy "Line"

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Tracy5780, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Tracy5780

Tracy5780 Well-Known Member

i am 8 months post pardum and this line still has not gone away! anyone else experience this or know of any tips to try and get rid of it?

2. Double Vision

Double Vision Well-Known Member

Same here, still have lots of sagging. I am saving up for that tummy tuck :)

3. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

I had mine for well over a year! :woah: Actually, I just did a "sneak peak" sitting here in my office and it's still there, very faintly....

4. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Mine started to fade away after a year.

5. kristinpa

kristinpa Well-Known Member

mine is still there but fading almost 7 months post partum...I am helping it along by using prescription strength bleaching cream. you can get the over the counter 2% hydroquinone cream like Porcelana and use that twice daily for 3 months on the line..it will help and be sure not to get any sun on the area either because that will stimulate the melanocytes to continue making excess pigment!

6. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

It does take a long time. It's been 3 1/2 years for me & it's mostly gone now. But you can still see it if you look really closely!

7. bbyboo1323

bbyboo1323 Well-Known Member

Ok I may sound really dumb but what brown line are we talking about?

8. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Linea Negra

It's not a dumb ? at all. I didn't get it until AFTER the twins were born. It was faint and after a few months it was gone. I didn't get it with Evan at all.

9. bbyboo1323

bbyboo1323 Well-Known Member

Ah ok I was thinking that but wasnt sure because I never got it

10. Reeny691

Reeny691 Well-Known Member

Mine is still there on the upper part of my belly. On the lower part, below what was my belly button, I scratched it off. It's just dead skin so one day after my shower I went after it with my finger nail. I just haven't had the time to get after the upper belly.

11. ljmcisaac

ljmcisaac Well-Known Member

Glad to hear I'm not the only one....I *think* the brown in my innie belly button is finally starting to fade too.