Baby Einstein

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by mwarner, May 1, 2010.

1. mwarner

mwarner Active Member

I'm worried that our 6 month old girls are getting addicted! We started using Baby Einstein videos to calm them down at their dinner feeding (they are incredibly fussy eaters) but now it scares me just how MESMERIZED they are watching it! If your babies watch these videos, how long will you let them watch each day?

2. Robynsegg

Robynsegg Well-Known Member

We don't get to watch it as much with the twins (because I have a 21 month old toddler who enjoys Elmo now) but my toddler LOVED Einstein and we thought that if he was going to watch anything, we were ok with Einstein. He would watch maybe 2 differen't videos during the day at different times, sometimes more, sometimes not at all. It really depended on each day though. If we had a boat load of cleaning to get done and we couldn't get anyone to watch him for an hour or so, he would sit and play and watch Einsten. I never felt guilty about having him watch it though.

3. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I used to put it on for my girls. I don't really remember how often, probably once a day.

4. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I used the Dvd's for my two, usually when I needed to get something done around the house, so however long the DVD was (I think 30-45 minutes).

5. kdanielleflowers

kdanielleflowers Well-Known Member

Mine watch BE or Praise Baby usually after nap with a snack and cup of milk and then maybe another time during the day. I found it helps calmly bring them back into the world after being asleep. They have also watched them in the car, but now we're onto Backyardigans.

6. Chicklet

Chicklet Well-Known Member

Baby Einstein has been our saving grace w our eldest and now the boys, all 3 of them had to have nebulizer treatments which last approx 20 mins... the only thing that kept/keeps them calm during these treatments are baby einstein!! When they were on 4 treatments a day they watch 4 videos, now we're down to 1 and usually only put it on then but sometimes if they're really tired or sad we'll put on an extra. Mommies need their sanity too.

7. chellebelle

chellebelle Well-Known Member

This sounds a lot like us, my toddler doesn't mind a few of them though too so that's good. She will ask for her favs (wiggles or yo gabba gabba etc) and we tell her after baby einstein.

We have jokingly called them baby crack as all our babes have been addicted to them too. Mine are actually watching it right now haha.

8. slugrad1998

slugrad1998 Well-Known Member

We use the videos daily because it is damn near impossible to feed them at the same time. So, at mealtime one gets BE in the exersaucer for as long as the other takes to eat and then we switch. I think that parents of multiples have to do things that parents of singletons wouldn't and we can't beat ourselves up about it. Plus, I see BE as much better than any cartoon because there is not really any dialogue to interfere with speech development

9. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My two loved Baby Einstein as well. I usually tried to keep it to once a day, but occasionally if I really needed to get something done, they would watch it twice a day.

10. lawilliams77

lawilliams77 Well-Known Member

My guys watch it at daycare and they always have it on when I drop them off in the morning. It is so funny, I try to get their attention to say bye bye and they act like I'm in their way. They'd rather me just move and leave so they can see the TV. Unbelievable that it starts to young. PFFF, men, sheesh!

11. two41

two41 Active Member

My girls LOVE the BE videos too! It doesn't matter how many times they have seen the things, they watch it like it is the first time...

We probably put it on for them 3-4 times a week, depending on if we are going out for the day to run errands or whatever. If we don't go out and about, it is a lifesaver during their cranky times right before their feeding before their afternoon nap.

Seems like such a simple thing, but it is brilliant!

12. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My boys are addicts! LOL! They are now 2.5 and they STILL watch them-and love them! It seriously did help them learn their animals/sounds, etc. They watched them maybe twice a day. But they really weren't interested in them until they were maybe 9 months old or so. I honestly can't remember!

13. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

My DD liked Baby Einstein. She watched one video maybe once a day. The boys could have cared less about TV until they were over 2. :angry: