How soon is too soon to send out Birthday Invitations?

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by mrscarter, May 13, 2010.

1. mrscarter

mrscarter New Member

Hello, I am the mom of one singleton, 12 yr old boy and boy/girl twins that will be 7 next month. We are giving them their first friend party and have decided to invite 3-5 kids for each twin, plus family of course. My question is their birthday lands after school is already out for summer vacation. How early is too early to send out invitations? What do you think about sending out a "request for contact information" type invite before school ends? I don't want to have the twins miss out on having friends from school attend but don't want the parents to forget because I sent them out too early or decline because they cannot commit since travel/vacations sometimes start right after school lets out. Any ideas please?

Thanks!

2. j_and_j_twins

j_and_j_twins Well-Known Member

I would send it out couple of weeks before end of school. And send a little form requesting email or phone number saying U know how busy summer gets so will be calling/emailing week before party to remind/confirm

3. mrscarter

mrscarter New Member

----Thank you! I have gotten ideas from family but this seems to be the best so far. Happy Birthday to your twins as their special day is the day before my twins!

4. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

That does sound like a good idea. We generally send ours out about 3 weeks before the party. Lately, we've been getting a lot of invites less than a week away from the party. Recently, we got one on a Thurs. for a party that was on Fri. Monday I went to call and RSVP and noticed that the party had already happened. I'd rather know further in advance as we get awfully busy.

5. sharongl

sharongl Well-Known Member

My boys' birthday is also after school ends, which is why I am actually having their party 2 weeks early. I am planning on sending out the invites next week for a June 13 birthday party. This time of the year is hectic, and I think the more notice, the better!

6. me_and_my_boy

me_and_my_boy Well-Known Member

My boys are turning 5 on June 28th. Their party is June 26th. They want to invite the kids (7 of them) in their preschool class and their twin/triplet friends. School ends on the 28th of May so I'm handing out invitations to the school kids this coming Friday (next week will be crazy with graduation, etc). I do not have the kid's addresses, but I'm in contact with the parents via email (all except for one) so I will be able to follow-up with them if I don't hear anything. I will probably mail our twin/triplet friend invites the first week of June.

Have fun!
    Mendy