Insulated Sippy cups?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by scrappycindy, Aug 26, 2010.

1. scrappycindy

scrappycindy Well-Known Member

I'm trying to find good insulated sippy cups for my girls. They've graduated from the Playtex 2 handled cups, to regular sippies. I got a couple of non-insulated Gerber ones that are thin in the middle and wider on the bottom and top of the cup (does that make sense?) and the valve thingy is a white hard plastic thing you insert in the top. They work really well - maybe a drop comes out if they are thrown or dropped. I got a couple of Gerber insulated ones today with the same type of valve... and they leak horribly! Any ideas?

2. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

I use these First Year insulated Sippy's and love them! They don't have a valve which is an added bonus (but are still no spill), and they are easy to clean! After we found these, I threw away every other sippy in my house.

3. Chicklet

Chicklet Well-Known Member

What about investing in a couple Kleen Kanteens?! The can be used w the avent sippy tops and later as a water bottle. Kleen Kanteen! We were fortunate enough to have 4 handed down from my twin nieces :)

4. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I use the Tommee Tippee Sippy Cups and find them to be easy to clean and have no problems with leaks (unless I forget to shut the lid tight). I have also used the Munchkin insulated sippy cups and those are pretty good too, just that I do find it hard to clean the straws (I use a Dr. Browns nipple brush) and unless there is liquid stuck in the straw, we have not had any leak issues.

5. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I've had those First Years cups and they worked good too, until one day the lid just stopped going on right and it started leaking. I mean it was screwed on properly but something wasn't working. Anyways, I love my playtex insulated sippy cups, I've used them with all my kids, as long as everything is tight they work great. I'm not crazy about their new "snap lock" design, I wish I could find some original cups, but otherwise I do prefer them.

I also prefer to have just one type of cup in my house so I'm not searching for the right valve when I need one! :lol:

6. nmnguyen7

nmnguyen7 Well-Known Member

We use Thermos Foogoo sippies when we plan on being out. They're awesome and keep liquid cold for literally hours. We have put ice in them in the morning and still had it in the sippies in the afternoon. We only have one of those for each because they aren't cheap (around $15 per) but soooo worth it to us for them to have cold drinks while we are out. At home we use Playtex Insulators, which work for us but not nearly as well as the Thermos ones.

7. 5280babies

5280babies Well-Known Member

We invested in 2 of these during this hot summer. They are really great. I like knowing I can use the milk for hours when we go out. Ice water stays ice water in them. :)

8. scrappycindy

Can I get these at Walmart? If not, where?

9. scrappycindy

I got a couple of these yesterday. I gave them to my girls this morning. Hannah was sucking really hard and then handed it back to me. I tried it and the silicone wasn't cut through all the way in the spout. (I tried to suck out of it and found the problem! :FIFblush: ) I fixed it and so far no leaks!

10. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

the other thing I was going to suggest was the Playtex insulated ones. they don't have handles on the tops, but the valve mechanism is the same as the 2 handled non insulated cup. I like that its the same type and they are interchangeable in case we lose a piece...

11. nmnguyen7

nmnguyen7 Well-Known Member

The Thermos ones are at Babies r Us, Amazon.com, or Bed Bath and Beyond (if yours has a baby section). And the correct spelling is Foogo. I spelled it incorrectly before. I always thought it was Foogoo until I looked at the sippies this morning... haha! Oops. They also make soup containers that work AWESOME for fruit in the summer. We use it for strawberries and like the sippies, stays cold for hours. I can't say enough good things about these Thermos things!

12. Lynn76

Lynn76 Well-Known Member

We have these too and love them but they don't stay cold so I bought 2 neoprene covers for the cups and that seems to work really well. Here is a web site: My link These are nice b/c the boys can grip the container well and it prevents the klean kanteen from sweating too. I am hoping to get one for my kleen kanteen too!

13. travellingmum

travellingmum Well-Known Member

We use the Foogo ones as well. They started with the sippies and now use the straw bottles.