Height Difference - are my twins the only ones out there with very noticeable height differences.

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Lydia, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Lydia

Lydia Well-Known Member

I would love to know if my twins are the only ones out there with very noticeable height differences. My son is over three inches taller than his sister. Most people tell me they didn't think they were twins because she is so much shorter than him. I guess, this is why I don't get any twin comments anymore.

2. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Ana is 2 1/2 inches taller than Meara (and weighs about 5ish pounds more). I've stopped getting twin comments too.

3. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yeah, Nicholas I measured at 3ft 1 inch and Anthony was 2ft 9 1/1 inches...

They both wear glasses, wear the same clothes. That's it. Nicholas has a ton more hair, it's darker, and just that much taller. Anthony is short, big head, not as much hair, and it's very light. The comment I always get? "They're not twins, right?"

Oh well! They go next month so I'll get exact weight/height measurements.

4. 4kidz4me

4kidz4me Member

Yes Ethan is 6 inches taller! And about8lbs heavier than Aiden. Ppl now think Aiden and my nephew are the twins!

5. Buttercup1

Buttercup1 Well-Known Member

There's about a 2" difference and a 6lb difference between my "identical" twins.

6. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

This is very common for frats .. especially girl/boy. Although it can happen in ID's as well. Mine are ID and are the exact same height .. but one weighs about 5 lbs more than the other. I know g/b twins that don't even look like siblings !

7. Becky02

Becky02 Well-Known Member

My girls have always had a height and weight difference and I also stopped getting asked if they were twins after they turned a year old. They do get asked their ages a lot and then when they tell them, they get "oh you're twins?" Or I get asked how far apart are they and I answer one minute. I do enjoy seeing peoples surprised looks on their faces. Mine also look nothing alike nor do they act a like.

8. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

Other than both having blonde hair, they really look nothing alike. Sydney is 4+" taller, 15 lbs heavier and 4 shoe sizes bigger. Their hair is completely different texture and Sydney's is probably 8 inches longer. Plus, Sabrina wears glasses, though they're tinted dark red, so people usually just call her a "little diva" and assume she's just wearing sun glasses in the store at night for no reason.

9. mhardman

mhardman Well-Known Member

My b/g twins have mostly been the same height and weight. Now DS is 1 1/2 in taller. DD is 1.5 lb heavier. DS is so skinny. They look really similar and i still get the twin comment everywhere I go.

10. Oneplus2more

Oneplus2more Well-Known Member

We have this as well. Hannah is at least 3" and 5lb more than Natalie, the differences may be even more - I haven't weighed or measured them lately. Hannah is way off the height chart and is closer in size to my 6 yr old. Those two both have red har and Natalie has brown - I do get people thinking the redheads are twins all the time. :laughing:

11. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

About 2" difference here too.

12. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

Now only 1 1/2 in but for the longest time it was 2 in. I love when people would ask "how much difference in age?" 3 min apparently isn't the answer they were expecting.

13. BaileyandMarleysMom

BaileyandMarleysMom Well-Known Member

I am a fraternal twin with twin girls of my own, but I'm not sure about whether mine are identical or not though...dh and I still have to tell our parents and siblings which is which, though while I do think they look similar, don't look identical to me.

Anyway, my twin brother is 6'5" and I am only 5'4". We are 35 years old now, but he has always been bigger then me, since we were born, throughout our childhood and obviously up to now.