Are your twins a result of IVF or natural conception?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Paully, Nov 6, 2010.

1. NaturallyBaby

NaturallyBaby Well-Known Member

Spontaneous twins over here! Biggest shock of our lives!

2. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Spontaneous frats.

3. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

Neither. Mine were concieved with Clomid and metformin (along with some other alternative medicine) due to PCOS.

4. threebecamefive

threebecamefive Well-Known Member

Spontaneous frat boys. It took us a looooooooong time to get pregnant with my DD. The doctor told us he didn't think we'd be able to have another one, and we'd need to look at fertility treatments when we were ready for baby #2. Imagine our surprise when I got pregnant when DD was 8 months old. Imagine our shock when we later learned we were pregnant with twins! Wouldnt' change a thing though! I'd always dreamed of having twins . . . thrilled that dream came true! I feel so blessed!!

5. mhardman

mhardman Well-Known Member

After 3 IVF rounds pregnant with twins. The second set from another round of IVF. So greatful for modern medicine.

I just have to say I heard on here years ago if people ask if twins run in your family you can always answer, "they do now" Great way to avoid the whole fertility issue wether they were medically helped or not.

someone should total it up. I would love to see the stats.

1 person likes this.
  6. tiff12080

tiff12080 Well-Known Member

spontaneous ids

7. Silly_Putty

Silly_Putty Well-Known Member

Spontaneous frats for me...didn't know until 17 weeks that there were two (only saw one on 8 week u/s). My mom is an identical twin, mine are the only fraternal twins in the family except for my mom's cousins.

8. newboygirltwinsmom

newboygirltwinsmom Well-Known Member

2 sets of spontaneous frats here. (actually 4 sets tech) No family history of twins in my family either!!

9. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

ID twin boys- IVF- put 2 embryos back but one did not take and the other split.

10. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

IVF cycle #4(second fresh)-Fraternal boys. IVF/ICSI due to PCOS/hypotyhroidism/low sperm count.

11. Mrs. Mommy

Mrs. Mommy Member

Spontaneous identicalson here. We thought we were done having kids :laughing: What a pleasant surprise!!

12. tundrababy

tundrababy Well-Known Member

Spontaneous frat boys here. My father is a frat twin but its probably more related to getting pregnant 2wks after mirena IUD removal.

13. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Spontaneous IDs

14. Paully

Paully Member

I am very surprised at the number of spontaneous IDs we have here! I think I saw just three mention IVF! Fascinating.

15. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

IVF/ICSI frat girls.

16. stephsboys

stephsboys Well-Known Member

Spontaneous ID's.

17. Gigantor

Gigantor Well-Known Member

Us too!

18. KimberlyF

KimberlyF Well-Known Member

Third and final try with IVF.

19. lovelylily

lovelylily Well-Known Member

20. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

First IVF. Tx 2, one split. ID boys. I do, however, consider my pregnancy and resulting children to be natural.

21. NINI H

NINI H Well-Known Member

I have spontaneous identical boys. They are two of the four miracles I got to keep. There are more waiting in Heaven for me...

22. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Boy/Girl frats on second round of clomid.

23. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

IVF/ICSI first try. Boy/girl fraternal.

24. emp59

emp59 Well-Known Member

Spontaneous IDs. My husband is convinced they are twins because his paternal grandmother is an ID twin. He was convinced it was twins the day we found out I was pregnant.

25. JoannaD

JoannaD Well-Known Member

Boy/boy frats after Clomid/IUI #2

26. june07girl

june07girl Well-Known Member

Spontaneous ID's.

27. akameme

akameme Well-Known Member TS Moderator

spontaneous b/g twins - 35 years old, my mother is a twin..so we knew it was a possibility...but we were still shocked.

28. kellie554

kellie554 New Member

Mine were several months of trying with timed intercourse and then finally with 1 round of femara

29. SC

SC Well-Known Member

IVF identicals. And we transferred two embryos. Go figure.

A DH's family history of fraternal twins does not influence his wife's probability of getting pregnant with fraternal twins. Hyperovulation has to run on the woman's side of the family for it to influence twinning. If your DH has fraternal twins on his side and you get pregnant with them, this is just a fluke.

I like the response "they do now" to the question about whether twins run in the family!

30. LeeandJenn15

LeeandJenn15 Well-Known Member

Spontaneous b/g

We know this, but since the same people who ask us if our b/g twins are identical ask this question (usually uneducated about the biological aspects of twins), they seem pacified when we tell them both of our fathers are twins.

31. Adding 2 more!

Adding 2 more! Well-Known Member

Natural and no history of twins...they are fraternal girls!

32. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

Mine were conceived naturally, but I was on the birth control pill at the time.

And every female on my dad's side of the family has had a set of twins.

33. milaa

milaa Member

Spontaneous IDs. On our first month TTC!

34. chrystalvaughn

chrystalvaughn Well-Known Member

Spontaneous ID girls. We also have twins that run in my family.

35. MamanMag

MamanMag Well-Known Member

Same here :laughing: When people ask me if we had fertility treatment I always answer no no we used birth control :laughing: Always throws them for a loop...

Mag