Are your twins a result of IVF or natural conception?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Paully, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Fossie

Fossie Well-Known Member

Boy/Girl conceived 1st IVF.

2. cat mommy

cat mommy Well-Known Member

I say the same thing--with reference to DH's family which has a gazillion sets of twins.

3. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

Boy/girl on our first round of IVF.

4. travellingmum

travellingmum Well-Known Member

Naturally conceived non identical boys here. I have identical twin and identical triplet cousins. Mine are the only set of non-identical multiples. And they are very very unidentical!

5. teamturner

teamturner Well-Known Member

Spontaneous dizygotic girls conceived 4 months following a mc at the age of 35.

6. tri159

tri159 Well-Known Member

Spontaneous girls of currently unknown zygosity conceived our first month of TTC!!

7. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Neither, mine were lupron, gonal-f injects and IUI. I have PCOS.

8. busymomof3

busymomof3 Well-Known Member

2nd round of clomid for us. They were originally triplets but we lost one in utero.

9. k2daho

k2daho Well-Known Member

Spontaneous fraternal twins on what was literally our first and only try to conceive. I had it in my head that it was going to be tough...apparently not for us. We are so thankful!

Strong history on my maternal side of fraternal twins. Both of my Mom's sister have fraternal twins, and two of her maternal aunts also have frat twins. I never even though about it until my 16 week u/s surprise!

10. traciwinkler

traciwinkler Well-Known Member

I'm going to join in on the fun...

Got the bonus baby... total shock1 No twins in our family. Our pediatrician says when you hit the bonus baby it's time to stop. :) stop we will be doing... as soon as I convice DH!

11. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

Boy/girl twins - result of IVF/ICSI - first trial - we are so thankful it worked. I am a twin - the "natural" kind, but my babies seem just as natural also :).

12. beckstar

beckstar Active Member

spontaneous (i believe to be) frat girls. twins in family.

13. roadtocalvary

roadtocalvary Well-Known Member

Ours are natural Identical little girls! We have NO family history of twins. They are babies #6 & 7 we love them all to pieces!

14. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

Natural id, my girls are the 4 set of 5 sets of Id twins in 4 generations and the 17th set of 20 sets in the 4 gem of twins period. The girls generation has 5 sets of twins.

15. pandax3

pandax3 Well-Known Member

Natural......no family history

16. wireless_mind

wireless_mind New Member

Natural, family history of surviving identical twins on my side and non-surviving identical twins on his side. They are fraternal though, I think. They have seperate sacs but I'm not sure about the placentas yet.

17. MrsBirch

MrsBirch Well-Known Member

I love "the bonus baby," I'm going to use that one from now on!!

Natural b/g, no family history...INSANE shock when we found out there were two.

18. Natural. Identical boys. No twins in family. People seem perplexed when we tell them this.

19. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

ID's arent herriditary, most people dont know that.

20. lovelylily

lovelylily Well-Known Member

You know, watching this thread pop up a 1000 times these past couple weeks has given me an idea for how I will answer this question from now on.

I will tell people that my twins are the natural result of a medical procedure we used to assist our conception.

3 people like this.
  21. ~Christine~

~Christine~ Well-Known Member

Hello!

I am newly pregnant with twins (7wk6d) (doctor couldn't confirm yet identical/fraternal). They were conceived naturally. while on birth control, with no family history of twins! Huge shocker it was, as we were not trying :) but we are very happy with the news.

22. cat mommy

:rotflmbo: I like it!

23. Cristina

Cristina Well-Known Member

Spontaneous identicals, after adopting our firstborn after years of infertility.

24. ShannonSto

ShannonSto Member

Neither. IUI with injectibles. What's funny is that while mine are a result of ART, my grandmother was a fraternal twin and had twins, so they run in my family, too.

25. 3timesblessed

3timesblessed Well-Known Member

Fraternal twin girls conceived naturally, got pregnant first month TTC second child, little did we know it was number 2 and 3. My mom is a fraternal twin though so we knew it was a possibility, still a big shocker though.

26. cat mommy

See all you had to do was adopt ;) I'm just teasing you of course, cause that is one of my LEAST favorite comments!! Right up there with "Are they natural?"

2 people like this.
  27. ALee710

ALee710 Banned

My ID boys were conceived the old fashion way after only 5 short months of trying! Total shock but I thank God every day for giving me my sweet little miracles!
    We thought they were fraternal since twins run heavily on my moms side. My twins are mono/di so it could have gone either way. Pathology confirmed ID twins about a week after I delivered.

I think when people use the term "natural" it isnt meant to be hateful...it just is what it is. It seems only those who conceived their twins with "help" are the ones offended by the term, an issue you have to work out within yourself.
    Infertility is a medical condition...a condition my husband and I do not have. I get a little offended when people assume I had fertility help just because I had twins. Since most women choose to say their twins are "natural" even though they were originally created in a little glass dish, it makes all of us look like liars.

(correction) Apparently the "dish" is plastic. :)

Hate me for saying this but if your ashamed of something you probably shouldnt do it.

28. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

Are you kidding me? Because this ignorant tripe has to be a joke.

And the dish? Is plastic.

3 people like this.
  29. ALee710

ALee710 Banned

I will delete my post as not to offend anyone else.

Sometimes the truth hurts...so I apologize.

30. lovelylily

Can you PM me your address? I would love to send you a cookie! Hell, I'll send a dozen. Well done! How long did you practice before you mastered conceiving like that. Hopefully I can pick up some tips from you :)

Well golly, I'd hate to have you be a liar. How would you like me to refer to my children? They look pretty natural to me but I'd be happy to refer to them as unnatural if it will keep you from lying.

1 person likes this.
  31. rrodman

Your truth is just that--your truth. Factually, all children are natural. If you choose to believe that your lack of fertility problems elevates you above others, you are deluding yourself. And it's sad to me that you are going to teach your children to behave the same way.

5 people like this.
  32. rrodman

Tell her the truth. Your children are genetically engineered bionic superbeings. She's just jealous.

2 people like this.
  33. ALee710

ALee710 Banned

Hahahahahaaa...Jealous???? Please!

34. lovelylily

She wouldn't be as jealous if she knew that they forgot to install the STTN program while they were creating their unnatural baby selves in their little glass dish.

4 people like this.
  35. rrodman

Should have paid for the better model...

Maybe then you wouldn't feel so ashamed of yourself. Creating life and all that. Tsk Tsk.

Does the truth hurt?

1 person likes this.