Where did you go for your honeymoon?

Discussion in 'General' started by Twinrific, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Twinrific

Twinrific Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We stayed in SA because we decided we didn't want to be tourists on our honeymoon plus it was much cheaper that way. We specifically chose private guest houses all along the beautiful Garden Route of South Africa (Tsitsikama, Wilderness, Knysna, plet bay etc) The guest houses were spectacular and all of them specialized in honeymoons so it was very private and secluded (which is great for a honeymoon) we even had our own private beach at the one. We ate at a different restuarant every day (some great experiences there), had a sunset cruise through the Knysna heads, treetop tours in the forest etc etc

I'd love to go again :wub:

So what did you do? ETA :lol: let me rephrase that: So where did you go?

2. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We went to Italy. We started out in Rome and stayed there a few days. Then we went to Sienna, Florence, Verona, Venice, Assissi, Naples, Capri, and Sorrento. We visited so many amazing places while there and really enjoyed the wine! It was such a wonderful trip.

3. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

We went on a 7 day Carribbean cruise. I loved every moment of it.

4. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Nice! I've been there three times so far. The first time we did Rome in 12 hours, Florence in 12 hours. Then the second time I went we went to Taormina, Sicily and went to Pompeii. Pretty freakin' neat! Otherwise, we stay in town, way down south, with dh's family. It's the Italy I think everyone should get to know, vs what they see in the history books!

We took a cruise to Bermuda. LOVE LOVE LOVED it!! In fact, we are thinking of doing a cruise for our 10 year wedding anniversary in 2013. We'll see. :)

5. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Since we lived near Disney World, that's where we went. Cheap and easy!

6. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

We stayed in a bed and breakfast in Nantucket! I would love to go back there soon. It was fabulous!!

7. twoplustwo

[​IMG]

8. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

We went to Hawaii and stayed in Maui and Kauai. What I would do to go back there with just dh!!!!

9. KCMichigan

KCMichigan Well-Known Member

Disney World.

It fit our budget and we wanted to explore Disney prekids. It was fantastic!

10. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

We took a tour of Europe. We visited several cities in each England, France, Switzerland, and Italy.

11. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We went to Aruba: One Happy Island. I would go back there in a heartbeat. I think DH and I decided that someday, we would open a chicken on a stick shack on a beach in there.

12. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

:rofl: I have to admit.. I didn't get it until Alison responded!!! :blush:

We went to Norway for 2 weeks and stayed with relatives of mine. I'd been there 3 times prior, including a year spent at a school there. I miss it.

13. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

We went to Playa del Carmen, Mexico. I got very, very sick the second day. I want a do-over!

14. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We went to Aruba and loved it!!

15. twoplustwo

Oh man, you deserve a do -over!! That stinks!

So many great places!

16. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

We went to Budapest, Hungary for three wonderful weeks! You don't hear much about Budapest but it's an amazing city. :good: Good times!

I'm jealous of Mo's honeymoon. :wub:

17. twoplustwo

I'm jealous of many of your honeymoons!

18. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

We are going on our honeymoon this year (only three years late..) to a ski & snowboarding resort in the mountains of Virginia. We can't wait!

19. JessiePlus2

JessiePlus2 Well-Known Member

We went to Montego Bay in Jamaica and stayed at the Sandals Royal Caribbean resort. I also got a horrible sinus infection the 2nd day, so I spent the next 6 days buying overpriced Sudafed from the gift shop and blowing my nose. I couldn't drink any of the free all-inclusive alcoholic beverages either because I felt so horrible. Boo! I want a do-over too.

20. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

Kate, we did not go on our real honeymoon until our 3rd anniversary!

We paid for our own wedding plus I had just graduated college and was starting a new job the week after our wedding, so our honeymoon consisted of us driving from Northern Wisconsin to Long Island with all of our wedding gifts. We did stop in the Poconos on the way but had a schedule to meet so it wasn't a real honeymoon.

DH made up for it though. For our 3rd anniversary, he surprised me with a trip to St. Thomas. I knew nothing about it until the night before. He scheduled my vacation time at work so my boss and all my co-workers knew about it. My mom knew about it because she helped him with getting all the cosmetics, toiletries I might need ahead of time. My in-laws knew about it because all packages shipped to their house. He bought me an entirely brand new wardrobe for the trip right down to lingerie! I literally packed nothing. The limo picked us up the next morning and we were whisked off to JFK for our flight. It was surreal and one of the best memories ever. :wub: He is a definite keeper!! ;)

21. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

We went to Turks & Caicos. It was a beautiful island until a storm stalled off the bay. All of the islanders were like: that never happens! We had about one day of sun and DH got fried (horrible sunburn). We still had fun though!

22. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We flew to San Francisco, then drove to Monterey for the jazz festival, then spent a few days in Sonoma eating, drinking and going to the spa and then we flew to Austin for the Austin City Limits Festival. We had so much fun!

23. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

That is such a cool story! I booked our honeymoon back in February and told my husband about it a couple months later. I wasn't really telling him we are going on a honeymoon, it was more that I had to tell him to take leave from work.

24. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

We went on a cruise that left out of New Orleans and went to Jamaica, Cozumel and Grand Caymen. We had an awesome time! I can't believe that was 10.5 yrs. ago.

25. twindependent

twindependent Well-Known Member

We went to DisneyWorld. I wanted something warm where I could lay around, but DH wanted something FUN that he always wanted to do. He won out. It was just lovely, thought, and it was very warm!

Now, though, even DH likes vacations where you sit around on a beach. Raising kids will do that to you. ;)

26. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We went to St. Lucia and our suite was heavenly! We had our own private pool right outside the bedroom. :spiteful:

Now looking back I think to myself - what exactly were we getting away from? If only we could go back today we would appreciate it so much more!

27. Cristina

Cristina Well-Known Member

After reading so many of your responses, I am a little embarrassed. We didn't go anywhere extravagant. We were young, just graduated from college and had no funds. We got married in MN, so we decided to rent a cabin right on Lake Superior in the Boundary Waters. We spent our honeymoon canoeing, hiking, etc.. There was a really nice big hot tub in the cabin though!

28. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

:laughing

We were young and poor as church mice. My boss paid for us to go to North Carolina for a week, we went to the Biltmore Estate and walked mountain trails it was simple but it was so much fun!!

29. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

we went to Couples Resort in Ocho Rios Jamaica....it was an absolutely wonderful week - first time I rode a horse, we climbed Dunns River Falls and were baked!

our 5 year anniversary we went to Hawaii - the nice thing was that was on the company!

30. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

I am SO glad I wasn't the only one ! It was my husbands first time and he liked it a lot. It wasn't hard to convince him to come back after we had children. We came back with our oldest dd when she was 3 and returned with all 3 kids several times. :)

31. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

We went to Barbados. We did a submarine ride, did some scuba diving, and also spent days just hanging around. It is a beautiful island.

32. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

Sounds pretty darn romantic to me! Then again, being a Wisconsin girl at heart, I know how beautiful Lake Superior is anyway. Sounds ideal!

33. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

We went to Acadia National Park in Maine. Spent the week hiking, whale watching, tide pooling, etc. It was great! We got married in August, so we decided to go north where it is cooler - so glad we did because there was a major heat wave across the south that week.

34. Cristina

Cristina Well-Known Member

We had a lovely time, though MN's national bird (the mosquito) was out in force. We actually hadn't seen each other in about 4 months because he was in Oregon setting up our apartment, working at his new job, and I was finishing school. We needed to be somewhere quiet to kind of "get to know" each other again.

35. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

Another one that went to Disney World. We were both sick with sinus infections the whole time, but we pushed through and managed to enjoy our time.