Discharge

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by FirstTimeMomma, Jan 2, 2011.

1. FirstTimeMomma

FirstTimeMomma Well-Known Member

Up until today, I have had the milky white discharge and today a small yellowish/green lump came out. It looks exactly like "snot" . Is the normal? This is my first pregnancy so I am over analyzing every little thing.

2. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

How many weeks are you? It could be part of the mucous plug, or you could have an infection starting

3. FirstTimeMomma

I'm 10 weeks 2 days. There was no blood at all, so does that make it impossible to be the mucous plug?

4. k2daho

k2daho Well-Known Member

Hmmm, no ideas on this one. I had clear liquidy discharge, but I think it would probably be best (and it will give you peace of mind) to call your OB and ask his or her opinion.

5. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'd call your dr. if it was greeny/yellow or just unusual. It could be a sign of infection if there's a sudden change like that. Never hurts to call :)

6. lizzbeech

lizzbeech Guest

I have this all the time.... my dr's done a bunch of swabs each time I see him and they were all negative. Turns out , I'm just a "goopy" pregnant woman!!! lol
    My sister also had a lot of discharge while pregnant......no infection. If it doesn't have a foul smell, usually you're ok. But can't hurt to get it checked for your peace of mind.

7. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I was another goopy woman- but for me it was clear or yellowish. I'd give the doc a call to make sure they don't want to test you.

8. FirstTimeMomma

Ty for the replies. I have my annual pap and first OB appointment tomorrow so I will definetly bring this to his attention. I have a million questions to ask lol

9. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:good: That is a good plan. Good luck at your first appt. and let us know how it goes. :)

10. FirstTimeMomma

Thanks. I find it so difficult to fully enjoy being pregnant bc I am constantly worried and paranoid. Im petrified that something bad will happen, and what makes it worse is the fact that I dont feel pregnant nor look it. Im praying all goes well and cant wait to be further into my pregnancy.

11. FirstTimeMomma

Turns out that discharge is a yeast infection :/ Glad its nothing serious!

12. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

It's good that you got it checked out and that it won't lead to anything more serious.

13. twinnersmoms

twinnersmoms Member

Glad you got it checked!!!! And I find that paranoia is common especially in twin pregnancies.. Normal for me anyway!!!

14. FirstTimeMomma

It was discovered during the pap smear. Usually I have burning and itching but not this time, only discharge which I contributed to pregnancy. Had no idea.