What are your absolute favorite names?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Brizzy_Twins, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Brizzy_Twins

Brizzy_Twins Well-Known Member

I'd really love to make a list of my top favorite names for both girls and boys but there's so many to choose from and i can be totally undecided, one week i can completely love a name and fhen totally change my mind. Lately I have really loved the name Savannah but I don't know whether that's too common or to American for us Australians. I don't like anything too common, more unique, pretty but not something completely weird or made up if u know what I mean. So I thought for a bit of fun I'd ask all u lovely ladies what ur top 10 favorite girl and boys names? Give me some inspiration please.. :)

I've always said that if I'm blessed to get married and have kids one day I'd use my mums name Pearl as a middle name for a girl and my big brothers name Timon (pronouced: Ty-mon) as a middle name for a boy. Id also love to use if possible my twin sisters name Alisha, older sisters name Melissa and Best friends name Rebecca as middle names for girls if I'm blessed :)

So give me your thoughts please. I guess it could almost turn into a naming game.. Help please :)

2. MusicalAli

MusicalAli Well-Known Member

I think I have too many. Current front runners:

Boys: Luke Xavier, Ethan Joseph, John Paul "Jack". Landon and Greyson are two names I love but probably would never use. Just doesn't "go with" the others.

Girls: Abigail Juliet, Juliet Therese, Sarah Josephine or Josephine Sarah (named after DH's grandmother's). I love the names Avery and Emmerson but probably would never use them because they don't "go with" the others, either.

3. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Okay, funny you say Avery and Emmerson, one of my twin friends from FL named her girls Avery and the other one is Emerson. :)

I personally like these names:

Jose Cuervo
    Jack Daniels
    Sam Adams

1 person likes this.
  4. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

My cousins son is Jack Daniel! They like the name Jack and the dads name is Dan so they used that for the middle name!

For girls, I have always loved the name Katherine and that will be the name of this baby. I also like Olivia.

As far as boys, I just do not have many that I love. Of course I like what I chose for my boys but if this baby was a boy, the only other boy name I could think of is Matthew.

5. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I love Sophia Rose. I :wub: the Golden Girls!

For boys, I adore Jack, William, Charles... anything very traditional. But I've got a DH who is SO picky about boys' names that I couldn't use any of them.

6. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

Boys names I love are.
    Asher-
    Beckett
    Luke
    Easton
    Milo
    Sawyer
    Rhett
    Reese
    Bryce
    Foster
    Lane
    Oakley
    Oliver - I have always loved this as a middle name but it is my moms cat's name

Girls names are hard for us
    Claire
    Carter
    Eden
    Kate
    Bailey
    Jenna

7. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

Girls:
    Aubriona
    Lillian
    Catriona
    Allanna
    Meredith
    Genevieve
    Marcella
    Cyrilla
    Sibeal
    Lenora

Boys:
    Wyatt
    James
    Joseph
    Andrew
    Sivard
    Solomon
    Daire
    Troy
    Samuel
    Alexander

8. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

LOL-My sister would be so honored to know her name is on somebody's list. :laughing: Meredith!

My names are Nicholas, Anthony, and Annabella. :laughing:

I like the traditional boy names....and mostly Irish. We named our boys after family...Anthony is the great grandfathers of dh(both actually) and his middle name is William for my father. Nicholas was the middle name of my grandfather and Gabriel, his middle name, is my FIL.

Other boy names:

Michael(if #3 was a boy)
    Matthew
    Christopher
    Timothy(I really wanted Timothy over Michael)

I'm sure a few more...But Nicholas and Anthony were the ones we were most strongly about.

As for girls, Annabella was a name we had for over ten years. We watched the movie The Replacements and the female actress was Annabelle. DH turned to me and said that was a beautiful name for a girl...and being Italian...we added the 'a' at the end and Annabella was born. Annabella Rose is her name..

Other girl names:
    Addison-I LOVED this name..but Annabella is no Addison! ;) And I liked the nickname Addie.
    Adelina(my grandmother was Adele-French; DH's grandmother is Adelina-Italian version of Adele). I liked the Italian version better. ;)
    Abigail

My girls list is very short!

9. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

Boys:
    Parker (I wanted Donevan to be Parker but his father nixed it. I tried again when I was pregnant with the twins, but he nixed it for them as well)
    Quinn (What I wanted Nathaniel to be named)
    Xavier
    Jackson
    Tristan
    Greyson
    Jonah
    and of course my boys names:
    Donevan
    William
    Nathaniel

For Girls:
    Kayleigh
    Kaelynn
    Harper
    Charleigh
    Avery
    Veronica
    Callie
    Kimberley/Kimberleigh

10. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

I did not put my kids names on my list - I was thinking new baby names lol

Tad
    Jared
    Dawson
    Addison
    Ava

11. Brizzy_Twins

Brizzy_Twins Well-Known Member

Thanks 4 the suggestions guys keep them coming. :)

12. carrie-

carrie- Well-Known Member

We are having tough times for boy's names right now... My hubby is Italian American and nixes all the ideas I have... but here are my favorites anyway.

NOTE: I always thought if I had twin boys I'd name one Chase and the other Holden. That way I'd be Holden one and Chase-'n the other. For real - if the new twins turn out to be boys and I could pick them myself, that's what they'd be. My hubby - never in a million years would he let me!!! Too corny, I guess.

Boys: Luke, Jake, Edward, Evan, Michael, James

Girls: Love love love Paige - but our last name starts with G and it would blend the first and last names together too much. So, other choices: Olivia, Anna, Meghan, Molly.

13. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We had such short short lists of names for our kids, I'm sooooooo picky it's crazy! :lol: So really, the names we loved are the names we used! :)

My Boys:
    Sean
    Liam

Other boys names:
    Kyle
    Ian
    Connor
    Kaden
    Rylan

My girls:
    Kaelyn
    Rylee

Other girls names:
    Brynn
    Rayne
    Rylan

14. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

Well, Jack and Anna.

Henry
    William
    Zachary

Elizabeth
    Katherine

15. liliana

liliana Well-Known Member

i am 31 weeks pregnant and we still don't have names.

My DH love Caroline and Isabella

I like that names, too, but for twins I real don't like because they are big names, and I don't like to call them Carol or Bella

I like Emma, Grace, Mia, Chloe.
    My daughter is Ines

16. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

My boys: Lennon, Sullivan, Finley

Girls names: Catalina, Stella, Lila

I know I have more girls names, but it has been so long since I've thought about girls' names - I'd have to give it more thought!

17. ward

ward Well-Known Member

Boys names we liked

Sebastian
    Jasper
    Damon

Girls names we liked

Amelia
    gwenivier
    abigail

18. MamaKimberlee

MamaKimberlee Well-Known Member

I love this since my twins are Katherine and Elizabeth. (although for now we call them Kara and Ella)
    I also have Cassandra and Madison

One other girl name I love: Alexandria (Dh would not let me use this name EVER)

Boy names:
    Andrew
    Blake

19. SuzyHolland

SuzyHolland Well-Known Member

Well ofcourse the names we used

Phoebe Madison* (my grandma had a cottage in Madison CT and I loved our summers together)
    Berber Kiara
    Cosmo Anakin
    Keagan Brandon ( I was born in Brandon Manitoba Cananda)

I LOVE the names
    Scarlett and Skylar with both DH looked at me...well :shok:

20. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

I LOVE Sam Adams. Maybe Sam-Adams Cream-Stout? All time favorite! ;)

If we had boys I wanted to use Colin Kelly (Kelly is a family name) and Nathan Ray (Ray is another family name). Nathan was vetoed because I had an ex named Nathan... dang insecure men. ;) I also like the boy name Eric, but that was another exes name. Shoot.

I think I'd still use Colin Kelly.

I can't think of any more girls' names. I used my top two!

21. Anneke

Anneke Well-Known Member

Actually funny to see how different names are in English speaking countries. My top names are...

Girls: Emma, Nora, Anna, Marie, Lena
    Boys: Jens, Jonas, Simon, Thomas

The pronunciation would be different though, except for Emma and Nora which sound basically the same in most languages I know. Try to read the other names as phonetics and you pretty much get the idea.