what are your weaknesses?

Discussion in 'General' started by AimeeThomp, Jan 31, 2011.

1. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Last year I would have said alcohol, but this time it's definitely sweets. I can not control myself around them! I tried making a WW dessert recipe but wound up eating the whole thing! I just can't have sweets in my house!

My mom made peanut butter chocolate chip cookies and clementines from scratch for DH to bring to work last night. They didn't eat them all and he brought the leftovers home. So on my counter right now are about 2 dozen home baked cookies. I already caved and ate 1 with breakfast. :mad: How will I resist those cookies?

What do you do to resist temptation?

2. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Get.Rid.Of.Them. :good: ONLY way to not eat them (well, for me at least)

My weaknesses: Wine and chips... not together though. :D I keep wine in the house (duh, the kids and husband are still alive, aren't they? ;) ) but I can't keep any kind of chips in the house. I love them all. Doritos :wub: Sour cream and onion ruffles :wub: flavored pretzel bites :wub: ... and the list goes on and on! Sigh. I want some now!!

3. LeeandJenn15

LeeandJenn15 Well-Known Member

I don't think I could pick just one....all of them!!

Love chips, especially Dorito's!! I can never eat just one serving, so I just don't eat any!!

And home-baked cookies...mmm!! LeeJ's school always sells those boxes of pre-portioned cookie dough for his school fundraiser, and we always buy the amount needed for him to get the limo ride, thinking they'll stay in the freezer all year. Ha!! They barely last a few months. Fortunately (?!) we already ate them all so they're no longer a temptation.

I used to be an ice cream fiend, but my DH is even worse than me and he kind of cured me because he ate it so much, I don't really crave it anymore.

4. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Alcohol. Savory carbs, potatos, rice, pasta. . .mmmmmmmmm

I can do without sweets, in our house right now we have three packages of cookies and I have eaten one and only one oreo. And to be honest, it wasn't any better than my banana or the blueberries that I ate this morning. And I'm salivating typing in blueberries because I had one really good tart one.

5. AimeeThomp

Ugh every time I walk by the counter I am tempted! Maybe I'll hide them somewhere. I know if I eat them I'll pay for it on the scale.

Gaining weight is much more fun than losing weight.

6. becasquared

Put them in the freezer.

7. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

Aimee if they were here, I would have eaten them all! Cookies are by far my weakness. So I try to never have any in the house.

Peanut butter.... I can't even smell it or I crave it for days!!

8. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

Cheese!! And "savory carbs" as Bex described them--mashed potatoes, cheesy pasta. And salty snacks--chips, crackers, pretzels. I have been known to take a plate of saltines or tortilla chips and melt cheese all over them. That's my idea of a good time. I have moments with sweets, but those have never been a huge craving for me.

9. becasquared

I love cheese, but sadly, cheese doesn't love me so much, so I have to limit it. I can have pretty much two servings of dairy a day before my stomach decides to turn on me, cream cheese on my bagel and cream in my coffee. But oh, crackers with cheese? O.M.G. yum.

10. AimeeThomp

oh yeah I love cheese too. I'll take a plate of fritos scoops and pile it with shredded cheese and melt it in the microwave and then put salsa on top of it. yum.

I still do the laughing cow swiss cheese on triscuits or wheat thins on WW. It's 4 points for 1 triangle of cheese and 7 of the lowfat triscuits.

11. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

This thread is making me hungry!!! :laughing:

12. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

I do the same with Wheat Thins flatbread. It's no plate of fritos with cheese though!

13. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Sweets, chips, and anything cheesy. Chips I don't even bring into the house. Sweets I try not to...though we do have two boxes of girl scout cookies sitting in our pantry and I have been pretty good resisting their siren call. Ice cream is another downfall for me, so I just have not been trying to buy that stuff.

14. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

Beer, ice cream, and restaurants. If I know we're going out for dinner, I have to save calories during the day. I can cook a perfectly satisfying dinner for 500 calories, but you can hardly get out of a restaurant without eating 800.

If we have home-baked sweets in the house for some reason, that is a problem, but I hardly ever bake, so it's not much of a problem!

15. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm not a drinker...thank goodness or I'd be quadrupled scr*wed! :laughing:

Let's see...

1.) Sweets. All of 'em. Did you know they came out with Reese's PBCup MINI's? Don't ask how I know... I love chocolate-but I REALLY don't buy it anymore. It's mostly around the holidays-Valentine's Day, Easter, etc...

2.) Those carb things. Pasta, potatoes..

3.) My MIL's pasta/meatballs.

4.) Baked goods-cakes, cookies, donuts, brownies. If I make them for whatever reason(some function we are going to), I'm screwed. I have no self control with those things. I HAVE to have one.

5.) Ice cream in the summer...Good thing it's winter.

6.) I'm going to Italy in three months...Carb heaven. Pizza heaven. Cheese heaven. Pasta heaven. Ugh. Drooling now...

16. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Meg, I'm drooling about your Italy trip! :faint:

I"m with Liz. Wine! Beer! I save it for the weekends, but I like a couple glasses on the weekend. So, I'm planning it!

And Aimee, did you say laughing cow is 4 pts? :woah: I have been counting it as 1!!! :cry:

Salt and Sugar! Put a bag of conversation hearts in front of me and it's got 3 days life, tops! (that's probably why my energy isn't dipping at 2:00~!)

17. LeeandJenn15

LeeandJenn15 Well-Known Member

Me, too!! Went there a few years ago and the food was amazing!! At least you have 3 months to prep your body for all the carb-y cheesy goodness!

18. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I reread that a few times...WITH the crackers it adds up to 4 points. I sure hope so because I just went to Costco and bought some!

And ladies...yes...the food in Italy is to die for. I don't generally eat the meat because 1.) I don't know what it is and 2.) It was probably a pet in the morning and meal at dinner. LOL! But the pasta, sauce, sharp cheeses, roasted red peppers, panini's, pizza, antipasto plates, mozzarella. Shoot. I can't wait-and it's only the food I am looking forward too! HAHAHAHA!

19. Anna3

Anna3 Well-Known Member

I am not a drinker and don't really care about chips or red meat, but for me it's all the carbs- bread, pasta, bagels, baked stuff... =@ I am trying to have some of those in moderation, but mostly they are out of my diet for now.

20. LisaGoeke

LisaGoeke Well-Known Member TS Moderator

LOL, I've been known to do the same thing. At least it wasn't a full-fat/full-calorie dessert.

I try getting the kids or DH to eat them. If not, I have to trash them, outside, in our dumpster, so I'm not tempted. :aggressive:

I have a hard time with this but really, the best way for me is to not bring them into the house and not bake them. Whenever I bake, even if I tell myself it's because the kids want it or DH wants it, it ends up in my mouth. I just can't do it.

And to answer your question, sweets are my weakness. Anything sweet whether it's candy, cake, cookies, you name it. Ugh! :wacko:

21. AimeeThomp

Me too, Lisa. I am an all-around sweets fanatic. I love everything sweet.

And Diane - the laughing cow PLUS the crackers are 4 points. You were right, the cheese alone is 1 pt.

One of my favorite things to do pre-pregnancy was to have wine + cheese + fruit. Soooo good and I'd have that instead of dinner. :lol:

22. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Beer and red meat. I cannot turn down either, ever. Ever.

And then cheese. And Thin Mints. And Baskin Robbins. And Starbucks.

I have a lot of vices... Sheesh.

23. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Stephanie, you made me :rofl: I love my beer and red meat, too!! :hug:

I'm doing ok with ice cream because of frozen yogurt! :wub: and the thin mints will be a problem when they get there! Starbucks I can take or leave, so I have that going for me!