Humidifier recommendations?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by sheras2, Mar 31, 2011.

1. sheras2

sheras2 Well-Known Member

We've decided to purchase a new humidifier. Ours was several years old and we'd replaced the filter and cleaned it regularly but it started to have a musty odor, from some other internal parts I assume, so we're throwing it out.

Any recommendations? I've been looking at several but a lot of them have a description talking about how they are super quiet or silent. I kind of liked the soft hum of our other humidifier because it provided some white noise in the boys' room.

2. bellawillawyatt

bellawillawyatt Well-Known Member

we have 2. In my oldest daughters room we have a penguin and in the babies room is an elephant. both are Crane coolmist. But they are silent. but then again we also have a noise machine in their room.

3. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

Yeah crane cool mist! No filter! And safe! We have the green frog lol.

4. dra1408

dra1408 Well-Known Member

This is the humidifier that we use. It is fairly loud and it is what we use for white noise in the girls room. It also has a warmer for vicks pads to use when they are sick and it is safer than adding the vicks into the water. I really like it. It does require a fair amount of cleaning, but all humidifiers do. It doesn't have a filter that you have to change which is a plus.

5. JoannaD

JoannaD Well-Known Member

We also have this one and like it. I like that its adds some white noise as well.

6. nikki_0724

nikki_0724 Well-Known Member

Vicks warm mist... LOVE it!!! We have tried just about everyone on the market and this is the best one!