DC area meet-up?

Discussion in 'General' started by ECUBitzy, May 17, 2011.

?

Get together

1. with the kiddos.

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. just us mommies.

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. maybe try for both?

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Alright, ladies. I'd like to organize a DC area meet-up for anybody who'd be up for it! We can either have a day with the kiddos or a mom's night out. Let's start to see what we want to do and what we can swing with our schedules.

2. sullivanre

sullivanre Well-Known Member

What time frame are you thinking? I can't do anything until after the memorial day weekend.

3. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm in, although we're going to try to go to FL in September for their birthday.

But seriously, any day and time. Other people in the area that I can think of right off the top of my head:

Summerfun
    Bailey&Marley's mom
    MarchI
    Nini H (?)
    Kateroos (?)

And coming soon ^^Rachel Sully.

4. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

I vote for mom's night out but I always vote for that because the thought of chasing 2 24 month olds around in the heat while pregnant is not a fun thought. We are here all summer. I'd like to avoid July 4th weekend just because that is hellacious to travel on.

5. ECUBitzy

Definitely after Memorial Day. I'll be in Kure that weekend, the whole week of July 2-9, and then I need to get down to Clemson one weekend in July to help my sister move. (How do summers get so busy??) Oh yeah, and mom and dad sold their house and are moving into Springfield but the closings don't match up, so they're homeless for the first two weeks of June. Sheesh. Maybe I'm the obstacle here!

If we can get a head count and hone in on a month, I'll make it work from my end. :)

6. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I've been turned into a brand of underwear. :laughing:

I'm up for anything, GNO or with the kids. I am booked pretty much for August and the second weekend in July, but other than that I'm around. Just please don't say the zoo.

7. becasquared

I knew it wasn't right, but I couldn't remember! And then after I posted, you had posted something in another forum and I was like, "oh yeah, I totally butchered her name."

8. Katheros

:D Actually, I think I've actually been called Kateroo a time or two in my life.

9. NINI H

NINI H Well-Known Member

That sounds like fun. We are travelling for spring hockey basically every weekend from now until June 20th. I have yet to meet any of you girls IRL. Would LOVE to finally meet you!!!

I voted for with the kids, but honestly either would be absolutely fine.

10. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

You guys should do a Baltimore meetup and then I'd crash. :blbl:

11. BaileyandMarleysMom

BaileyandMarleysMom Well-Known Member

I am pretty much free too. We are going to the beach and to Seasame but haven't nailed down the dates. Based on previous posts it seems like the second part of July may be when the group seems to be available. I don't care if it's with kids or not, but I totally second the "not the zoo" motion. I would also be up for Baltimore if that works for everyone too.

12. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

I would be game for either with or without kids.
    After July 4th weekend works.

13. Tarin

Tarin Well-Known Member

I want in!!!

14. becasquared

I want you there!!

15. Tarin

Tarin Well-Known Member

Good!!

16. sullivanre

sullivanre Well-Known Member

I had already thought of you Tarin. :)

17. ECUBitzy

Oh, this has to include a girls night out!

18. carmenandwhittsmom

carmenandwhittsmom Well-Known Member

:wavey: Hi! I am up in Rockville and would love to join in if you wouldn't mind.

19. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Me too! I would fly down from NY :)

20. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

I wouldnt mind crashing. I can stay at my parents house in Annapolis.

21. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I vote for GNO!!

22. ECUBitzy

Okay, let's throw three dates into the hat and start whittling down.

How about:
    June 25
    July 23
    August 6

(Obviously I picked weekends that I'm available and being paid :unknw: , so let me know if these don't work for the rest of you or if you want to throw another date into the mix.)

23. becasquared

I would prefer June or August over July 23rd, because that's my deceased MIL's birthday and it's a rough day for my husband. But, if that's the day that everyone else agrees on, I'm so there.

24. summerfun

Right now, they are all good for me! :good:

25. ECUBitzy

I'd prefer June because I may be going to Clemson to see the seester in July and August and the dates are now up in the air (thanks, ma!).

26. summerfun

Did I miss something Stephanie? Are you moving or just visiting your parents in Springfield?

27. becasquared

Eh, I think she's just visiting.

28. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

If there's any chance that it's the weekend of July 23rd, can I crash too?!?! I'll be in DC for a convention that weekend :D

29. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

I'd like to vote June or August, July is a most likely birthday date.

30. ECUBitzy

Just visiting. My folks live in Burke right now and are moving to Springfield. I get up once every two months or so. Since I'm all alone in ENC (no TSers near me!) I figure DC is my best opportunity to meet you ladies. :)

31. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

I can do July 23rd. June 25th, I am on the fence. No can do for August 6th. Seeing Taylor Swift in concert with Leah. :wub:

32. summerfun

:good: Sounds good to me!!

33. Katheros

The weekends in June or July work best for me, I could do the one in August but it would not be ideal.

I have heard good things about the Baltimore Zoo, that it's much better than the DC Zoo. The aquarium up there is nice, and it's right on the harbor. Or maybe we could do a potluck luncheon thingie at a park in DC/Annapolis? Sandy Point?

34. ECUBitzy

Just a quick summary, as I'm tallying over here:

June has 4 votes.
    July has 3.
    August has 2.

I'll keep an eye on how people vote and maybe we'll firm up a date by Monday?

35. summerfun

Are we talking family of MNO??? Looks like as of right now Just Moms or try to do both is the winner.

My vote is definitely MNO. :good: