True Blood Season 4!

Discussion in 'General' started by TwinLove, May 19, 2011.

1. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:Clap: I just ran across this hilarious link !! :rotflmbo:

Next month it starts up and I can not wait! :spiteful: My sexy Eric will be back and I'm sure sexier then ever. :diablo: Am I subconsciously naming my son after him? :unsure: :p

2. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

:) Great clip.

I'm so freaking excited! I only have HBO during True Blood season. I used to follow other shows, but when I realized we were only watching True Blood I canceled HBO and we pick it up again for each season. :)

3. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yes, I am excited for this show to start. Sundays have been pretty good for me with Game of Thrones on and True Blood picking up right after GoT ends.
    For the Eric lovers, like me, Alexander Skarsgard is the cover boy of the latest GQ issue. Lovely pictures and a nice interview.

4. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I'm going to have to go buy that while my husband is still on travel. :spiteful: I'm looking forward to the new season as well!

5. TwinLove

Yeah, yeah, yeah... interview my :booty: ... now you sound like men who say they get Playboy for the interviews. :blbl:

I'll have to check that out. :good:

1 person likes this.
  6. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Oooh Aric would be a good name.

I can't wait either. Sundays will be a good day in my house.

7. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

Oh Sookie Sookie!!!

Can't wait!!

8. kingeomer

Did anyone watch last night?
    I liked it, it was not my favorite episode but a good set up for the season. DH downloaded HBO Go on his I Phone, so I am wondering if I can hold off on watching the second episode next Sunday or watch it this week on his phone :laughing:
    I was not surprised that Eric was the one who bought Sookie's house-it seemed odd that the house had no occupants, her car was still in the driveway and Eric commenting on "nice paint job" and Bill did not say a word. And I must also add, why in the world does the show go out of their way to make Stephen Moyer look ugly? I like the haircut but they must have totally overdid his makeup last night because even my DH said, "Bill got old!" Or maybe the stress of being the King is getting to him???

9. TwinLove

Nancy, I watched and for a first episode it was good. :good: I'm so happy that fairy place fell apart because the first few minutes I was thinking I should go wake Angie to watch. :rolleyes: Evil fairies are NOT pretty. :laughing:

I, too, knew it was Eric that bought the house. :good: Looks like he is going to be so evil (and sexy) this season. :spiteful: I'm so excited!! And Bill did look older but I like this hair do much better. :good: Is he also some kind of government official?? :pardon: I like what they made him and how they skipped a year. :good:

Looks like Tara is living la vida loca. :lol: And Lafayette's character has so much potential. LOVE IT!!!

10. TwinLove

I caved and watched next weeks episode! :blush: I just couldn't stay away. :spiteful:

11. Chrissy Nelson

I can't watch next weeks episode. It says my cable subscriber does not participate.

I liked this week but no nude Erik makes me sad. I like Pams character.

12. Chrissy Nelson

I caved in and watched next weeks. 1982 Bill is hot!

13. TwinLove

:lol: He wasn't too bad!! I like getting so much back story. :good:

14. Code

Code Well-Known Member

I must say I am really loving this season more then the last one, plus I am enjoying the storyline of Tara being a lesbian ;)

15. kingeomer

I loved 1982 Bill...it was awesome to hear Stephen Moyer in his regular accent ;)
    Even my DH had to give props to Alexander Skarsgard on the scenes after Eric was cursed by the witch, he was fantastic.
    Poor Jason :(

16. TwinLove

That story line better be as good as I'm making it in my head. :diablo: :lol:

17. kingeomer

I agree Liz. Let's hope so!!!

18. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hopefully Eric's memory loss is coupled with a deep aversion to clothing.

There is a whole lot going on this season! I love it!

2 people like this.
  19. kingeomer

That's the only way for the planets to be aligned, so yes, that should definitely happen.

20. TwinLove

That would make this hormonally charged woman very, VERY happy. :spiteful:

21. TwinLove

"Eric you killed my fairy godmother!" :rotflmbo: That line gave me a laugh!!

What do you guys think so far? Last nights episode was okay, I just hope they don't move s..l..o..w until the last two episodes. :umm:

22. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I agree this show has a bit of a pacing problem; three episodes in and the plot is just barely set up. Jessica and Hoyt are cute, but I could do without the whole vampire young adult romance thing. The witch heist with Tara and Lafayette and Jesus confronting Pam was weird.

The whole fairy godmother thing was pretty funny though. I wonder how they'll bring the fairies back in, or whether that will be more next season?

23. Chrissy Nelson

Did anyone else notice the horrible acting when Jesus noticed Lafayette was gone and him and Tara went to find him. It was just all a bit strange to me. I am bored with the Jason storyline, I mean get on with it. Also Sherriff Andy being a junky is getting old.

24. kingeomer

Last night's episode was slow. Did anyone notice Eric accidentally call Sookie "Snookie"...I was :rofl:
    I really do not need to see Bill doing every girl in Bon Temps...seriously? I did notice that the Lafayette rescue scene was awkward. Pam totally out-acted Tara, Lafayette, and Jesus. It was glaringly obvious. Jason's storyline needs to get moving. Tommy is still a little creep.

25. TwinLove

I agree with everything you said Chrissy. :good:

I guess I need to rewatch to see where Eric calls her snookie. :laughing:

OH and I'm not a huge fan of the demon baby. :unsure: Really scares the crap out of me and like with other storylines it's sort of just at a standstill. :pardon:

26. Chrissy Nelson

I did hear him call her Snookie LOL.

27. Chrissy Nelson

So it was an ABTASTIC show last night. It was like no men could keep their shirts on.

28. ECUBitzy

God bless them all.

Afterwards we discussed "who would you rather" (Jason, Eric, Alcide) and my very sweet, very reserved girlfriend shouted "all three at once" before anybody else could weigh in. ;)

29. becasquared

I am seriously less than impressed with this season.

Although I did giggle when Bill figured out who his girlfriend was. Even before she knew what he was. And I think I even had the right number of "greats" in the great-great grandpa list.

I like the witch story line, dislike the panthers and Andy the junkie. I'm okay with Eric having amnesia and the swimming in sunlight was pretty cool. The demon baby at least looks like Renee. I think I like the demon baby line. The Jessica/Hoyt story line is boring. Every young couple has issues. But I'm not in love with any story line.

I will say this.

Pam is a hottie.

30. ECUBitzy

Have you read the books? I feel like the less than exciting subplots right now are just framing some later story lines.

I LOVE Eric with amnesia. Yum. And Pam is the baddest woman around. Love her.

I always love Lafayette, but they need to do less running in circles and develop that plot a little quicker.

I like Sam having a love interest.

31. becasquared

Well, yeah, any long running series will have subplots that will be taken care of in future seasons. :p

32. ECUBitzy

Look, woman, are you patronizing me?? ;) This book was one of my favorites in the series (lots of Eric sex) so I have my fingers and toes crossed that they'll do the book justice this season.

33. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

I hate this show. I don't think the liberties taken with the book improve things, and a lot of their choices really screw up later book story lines. I love the books and really wanted to like the show. And book 4 was my favorite!

34. ECUBitzy

You really don't like it? I'd read the books before the series started so I had to decide to watch the show with fresh eyes, but I do enjoy the show too.

I do wonder how they're going to tie some things together with the way they've deviated from the books.

35. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

No. I want to, but I don't. I just cannot get behind so many of the weird plot changes. Lafayette is supposed to be dead. Jessica shouldn't exist. Demon baby? I don't even want to know.