Food containers

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by MarchI, Aug 6, 2011.

1. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

I realized there are 3 weeks until school starts. Any advice for food containers? We have several metal water bottles but I was going to get a couple more. Does anyone have the Froogo funtainers for food? Do they really keep food Hot for 5 hours? Most days we are planning on sending cold food but I would like the option to send in hot food.

2. frickandfrack

frickandfrack Well-Known Member

LunchBots are my abosolute fave. I like the size of the Kids Konserve containers, but one of mine, even at 6 still can't get the lids off. My kids eat everything stone cold so no idea of the thermos types.

Best of luck!

3. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

We have some foogo funtainers, but I have only used them for milk for their cereal at preschool so far, so I'm not sure if it keeps food hot or not. I hope so! They got good ratings on Amazon, which is why I bought them.

I also got some of these easy lunch box containers.

http://www.easylunchboxes.com/

4. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

Oh, I LOVE those easy lunchboxes!! Those would have been perfect for all our trips to the beach this summer too. I'm totally getting them!

5. threebecamefive

threebecamefive Well-Known Member

Those containers look awesome! Thanks for sharing the link!

6. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I like the looks of those boxes too, I wish the lids were leakproof, though. I know how things get tossed into the backpack, my kids probably wouldn't make sure to keep them flat. I might try them out anyway. I also like the looks of these reusable snack & sandwich bags. I might order some of those for all of my kids, as well.

7. tinalb

8. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

Someone on another board I visit inquired about those Goodbyns and a lot of people replied back that their preschoolers/early elementary kids could not get them open. Just an FYI...

9. angelsmom2001

angelsmom2001 Well-Known Member

Just a shout out that Tupperware is still around and has some cute kids containers as well as a couple of lunch bags with containers. I know they are a bit more expensive than many of the store ones, but last longer and have a lifetime warranty on them....if your kid breaks it, or hubby breaks it, its replaced.

The lunch bags are blue and pink camo. The containers right now are Disney princesses, Mickeys clubhouse, cars, Tinkerbell, Dora, spongebob, spiderman, hello kitty.

10. Becky02

Becky02 Well-Known Member

For hot food I use either the Thermos food container or I got some from Lands End when I got their lunch boxes. They all keep the food warm enough for the kids. My one daughter doesn't like her food to hot and the other likes her food hotter so it works out well for both of them when lunch time comes around. They did sometimes have to ask for help opening up the container but it was no big deal (I sometimes just tightened it to much).

11. Meximeli

Meximeli Well-Known Member

When I was at my parents on vacation I bought a Thermos brand "funtainer" that said 5 hours hot and 7 hours cold. School hasn't started yet, but I've been testing it out bringing things to work. I only need it for about 3 hours, but the cold thing was still cold and the hot thing was still hot after 3 hours. My girls may have problems loosing the twist top though as the silicon ring in the lid does make for a tight seal.

12. KCMichigan

KCMichigan Well-Known Member

We have easylunch boxes and they are good & easy to use/clean. We have had a few leaks when the lid is not on, but over all works well!

Target had a bunch of kids Tupperware with cute designs in the dollar bins....that way if they get tossed in the trash by accident I will not be upset!

We have metal thermoses for drinks- they do sweat water when it is hot, but really taste better than plastic!

THESE bags are alos great and inexpensive. I bought a bunch for my sister and she really likes them, easy to clean ,and easier to stuff in a lunch tote/bag than bulky plastics. Cute too!

13. tinalb

Good to know!

I am going to have a look at those. I have always had great experiences with Tupperware!

I had those (or similar ones) for my older kids when they were younger & they couldn't get the lids off, they had such a tight seal!

14. tinalb

So, you sell Tupperware, right? Have you seen the lunch bags? I was wondering if there is room in there for more than just the sandwich keeper, snack cup, and tumbler. Would I be able to fit another snack cup, piece of fruit, or maybe a small ice pack or is it pretty full with just the things that come with it?