I'm going to do an FET!

Discussion in 'General' started by jen8675309, Sep 10, 2011.

1. jen8675309

jen8675309 Well-Known Member

I am more of a lurker on TS than poster many times, but I have to share this with somebody since we aren't telling our families. We plan to do a frozen embryo transfer in October! We have been contemplating doing this for a while and we have decided that now is the time! We have 5 frosty babies and they are in good quality, so we are hopeful that 2 will survive the thaw (we plan to put 2 embryos back.) My RE said there is a 15% chance of twins, so I'm willing to take the gamble (plus secretly I would love another set!). I am hoping that my period starts around 9/25-9/28 and then I'll start Estrace. I am hoping to do the transfer on 10/13! I am very anxious and excited!!

2. slugrad1998

slugrad1998 Well-Known Member

Good luck! I hope those frosties stick well :)

3. twinmom2dana

twinmom2dana Well-Known Member

OOOooo!! Praying for a good transfer and good report after!! Go lil Frosties :yahoo:

4. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

I am so very happy for you!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!! FETs are so amazing!!! Easton had been frozen for 4 years!!

5. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations and GOOD LUCK!! :youcandoit:

6. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

congrats! I hope everything goes perfectly!! How exciting!!

7. jen8675309

Thank you for all the well wishes! I have never been so ready for AF to start! :) For those of you who have done FET after your twins, did you do bedrest after transfer? If so, for how long? Also, did you do PIO shots or the vaginal insert stuff?

Thanks again!

8. Julie

Julie Well-Known Member

My twins are from an FET. I hope for great results for you.

9. dtomecko

dtomecko Well-Known Member

Sounds like we'll be on almost the same schedule! I'll be one week behind. Our clinic does PIO for FET's, so I'm a little nervous about that part. Good luck and I hope everything goes smoothly for you!

10. Twinrific

Twinrific Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Good luck Jen and Denise! I hope both your FET's go well!

11. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your decision. I was just a month away from one when I got pregnant with Evan. How exciting! Good for you for making the decision to go with two.

I never did a FET, but I would imagine that the protacol is about the same as with a fresh IVF cycle. I had 72 hours of bedrest. I did 100% shots, no creams.

Please keep us informed!

12. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Good luck!!! Sending you lots and lots of baby dust!! :Clap:

13. KCMichigan

KCMichigan Well-Known Member

Good Luck!

We did a FET (after fresh IVF (twinkies). My protocol was ONLY progesterone cream- no PIO. But we did a 'natural' FET with no BC or anything- just monitoring for timing.

My FET did not make it to transfer due to embies not surviving the thaw, but I did all the prep work before hand! We only had 2 embies to work with-- with 5 you have no worries! They said it was really rare for neither to survive the thawing process. We were just that small statistical percentage. Also our embies were before the flash freezing technique they use now. The freezing from about 2007 onward is much better than it was!

14. jen8675309

Thanks all! The only meds I will be on will be Estrace 2 mg twice a day when my period starts and then I'll start progesterone 3 days before my transfer. She told me to take baby aspirin and prenatal vitamins and that's it! I guess I'm on a medicated cycle because of the Estrace? I really don't know much about this. My periods are pretty regular at 30-34 day cycles, so maybe that's why I'm not on any other meds?

15. dtomecko

This sounds exactly like my instructions, except for the baby asprin.

16. jen8675309

Denise, have you done an FET before, or is this your first? I got PG with the girls on my first IVF- both embryos stuck! :) I'm hoping to have equal success with the FET! Good luck to you!!

17. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

Easton is my FET baby- i laid around the day of the FET but no bed rest. I also did PIO injections until 10 weeks and i took progesterone capsules by mouth for a while after that -I don't remember exactly how long and I took a baby aspirin until 30 weeks. They told us that our embryos were probably boys because they were slow growers after the thaw!! We transferred 2 and got one sweet Easton boy!!!

18. dtomecko

Thanks! This will be my first FET as well. I also got pregnant the first try and both embryos stuck. We have 2 frozen embryos. I'm kind of anxious waiting to find out if we'll be adding 1 or 2 more kids to our family, or if is complete as it is. I've been wondering the last 3+ years, so only a couple more months to go before I find out.

Keep us posted with how it's going!

19. jen8675309

AF decided to start today! It's funny to be so excited to start my period!!! So, today I start Estrace and I go to the RE on Wednesday afternoon for an ultrasound. I go back again for another ultrasound to check the thickness of my uterus on day 13 (10/8), so I'm right on track for a 10/13 embryo transfer! [​IMG]

Denise, how are things going for you? What stage of the process are you in now?

20. dtomecko

Glad to hear things are moving along! Good luck!

I'm still on the pill, so my period will start in about 10 days. I just called the clinic today to get my prescriptions filled. I was told to start the estrace on day 1 of my cycle and to call the next day to set up my ultrasound. I believe I'd start the progesterone injections around day 13, if everything is on track at the ultrasound. Still not looking forward to those!

21. j-squared

j-squared Well-Known Member

Good luck on your FETs! I got pregnant with one baby on my first fresh IVF (transferred 2) and am now expecting twins from our first FET (transferred 2).

22. MNTwinSquared

Wow! Congratulations!! :) and Welcome to Twinstuff! :D

23. jen8675309

I go in for my ultrasound tomorrow morning to check the thickness of my lining and bloodwork. I'm hoping everything is good and I can start PIO shots Sunday and go in for my transfer on Wednesday! (A day earlier than I previous thought!) I started acupuncture yesterday and had a massage on Wednesday. I am getting really excited and anxious! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  24. j-squared

Good luck, Jen! I hope your lining is nice and fluffy today!

Thanks, Jackie: Whenever I see your username, I smile. I am an identical twin also and my initials are JIC and my sister's are JAC! :)

25. jen8675309

Went for my appointment this morning and my lining is too thin (it's not terrible- between 7 and 8). They increased my estrogen and I go back Tuesday for another ultrasound and blood work. Hopefully I can do my transfer on Friday!!

26. j-squared

Jen, you're so close! And the nice thing about FET is that your lining doesn't expire as long as you're on the estrogen. At my check I was 8 and that was good to go so you're almost there!

27. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Good luck!! Fingers crossed for Friday!!

28. MNTwinSquared

:) Thanks for the smile this morning! JicJac was a nickname that someone at work gave me and it kinda stuck. I did change it for awhile and did MNTwinSquared... so again, similar to yours! :)

Jen, I remember my transfer being delayed because of slow results. I hope Friday is the day!!

29. jen8675309

I went in for my ultrasound and blood work today. My lining is a nice 9! I'm all set to transfer on Friday!!! Yippie!! Now let's hope that out of 5 frozen embryos 2 make it and stick!

30. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yay for fluffy lining!!! Fingers crossed for a good thaw and transfer!! :clapping:

31. dtomecko

Good luck!!!

32. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Good luck!!!

33. j-squared

Good luck on Friday! :woo: for fluffy lining!

34. dtomecko

What form of progesterone are you doing? Have you had any side affects from any of the medication at all?

I started the estrace last week. I've been feeling kind of worn down, my head feels kind of woozy, and even a little sad. Just wondered if this was me, or the medication.

35. jen8675309

Hey Denise,

I just started PIO 2 days ago. I've been on Estrace
    (they increased my dosage on Saturday to thicken my lining) and I have noticed
    feeling different. I just feel off, I can't really put my finger on it,
    other than to say it feels like I'm really hormonal (literally and
    figuratively!!). Oh the things we go through for babes... [​IMG]