American Idol

Discussion in 'General' started by dfaut, Jan 19, 2012.

1. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Ok, who's watching!?!

Lots of interesting stuff!!! Phillip Phillips?!!? Didn't his dad have a hard enough time with that name growing up? Why would he pass that nonsense along?
    He was kinda the "Casey" of this season with the interesting arrangement of Thriller... his voice could use some work probably, but it's FUN to have the show back!!!

2. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

I am watching! I enjoyed it last night.

3. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I am excited for another season of AI!! I just love these judges!
    Highlights for me last night...
    The Ryan Seacrest look alike.
    The brother and sister audition.
    The girl that grabbed Steven and Randy's butts! LOL! she was aweful!
    And then Phillip Phillip's, he could play the guitar really well, reminds me of John Mayer sort of.
    Cant wait for tonight!

4. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm watching too! That girl that grabbed Steven's butt had some nerves! Wow was she brave. I'm not really impressed with anyone yet. That really tall girl was good.

5. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

I get sick of them putting people through giving them false hope. Like the guy with the pregnant wife.

The only ones I liked were Colton and his sister (she seemed pissed they had him come in) and the guy at the end.

6. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

I'm watching too. So excited to have another season of AI. Nobody has seriously "wowed" me yet.

7. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

Well I'm watching but mainly for Steven. :wub:

The only one who really stood out for me was Thriller pawn shop dude with the double name. He was incredible.

8. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I must have somehow missed the brother sister combo!

The over aggressive butt grabber was really annoying!

9. Chrissy Nelson

I just wish this show would get on with it. All the filler is just insane.

10. Mama_Kim

I agree. If I wasn't getting my Steven fix twice a week, I'd wait until the actual contestants are ready. But I cannot not watch him! :wub:

11. Chrissy Nelson

Last night was the biggest waste of 1 hr of my life. They did not even show 1 group perform.

12. Mama_Kim

I was not happy last night. That's an hour I'll never get back and there wasn't even any Steven to keep me interested. :rolleyes:

13. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

I wish they would have just skipped that episode and gone straight to the group performances. Maybe even shown more of them, rather than the 5 seconds you will probably get. I get tired of the drama filled episodes.

14. Chrissy Nelson

Well I hae a couple people that I like... I am drawn to Phillip Phillips for some reason, Even though he sorta reminds me of Dave Matthews which I hate.

1 person likes this.
  15. Mama_Kim

I am starting to think the same thing about Phil Phillips and Dave Matthews. You know how I hate DMB!! :bad: But for now, I still kind of enjoy PP.

I think there are some really good singers left right now. I am anxious to hear them sing on their own rather than in groups. Let their lights shine!

And I am really looking forward to (almost) seeing Steven's bum!! :wub: Oh, how much do I love him? :wub:

16. Chrissy Nelson

There is a nice mix of Eddie Vedder and Dave Matthews in Phil Phillips. So he is unique. I really like that asian guy He Jun 9I know I spelled his name wrong). Also the music teacher in the last group.

1 person likes this.
  17. Chrissy Nelson

Oh and just because I am a super nerd and watching it again right now.... I cannot stand that cowboy guy. I think his voice sounds like Kermit the Frog when he sings.

I also like Colton and the guy with the soul voice with the baby at home.

3 people like this.
  18. Chrissy Nelson

Reed Grimm reminds me of Taylor Hicks.

19. Mama_Kim

So Chrissy, my DH and I are watching AI last night. When he sees/hears Phil Phillips he says, this guy is a cross between Dave Matthews (ick) and Eddie Vedder ( :wub: ). :lol:

20. Chrissy Nelson

LOL!! Too funny. Sadly there is nobody besides him that I am into this year. I kinda like the Grimm guy but he reminds me alot of Taylor Hicks. Hee Jiu (sp) is good but just not my thing. I absolutly am not a fan of any of the girls so far.

21. Mama_Kim

I really liked the 16 year old girl, such a strong Whitney-esque voice! At 16! I also really like HeeJun. Adorable. And the guy at the beginning (Joshua?). Oh and the drums guy from WI that has a severe Casey vibe. But it's hard to really say because we haven't really "seen" any of them yet.

22. Chrissy Nelson

The drum guy is the one that reminds me of Taylor Hicks. Ugh and could they of stretched out that show anymore, I did not see Steven jump in the water, that must be tonight.

23. Mama_Kim

It must be tonight. I did crack up last night when the one guy who got booted off (Caleb?) stopped singing and asked for some water and Steven replied, "You're surrounded by it!" :rofl:

24. Chrissy Nelson

LOL that was funny. That guy really blew it!!

25. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

So, who are they going to add to the top 12 guys?

I like HeeJun's personality, but his lack of enunciation is sometimes not right with me! Then I like Phil Phillips so far as well, but I like that young kid that made it last... Eben? He's cute and sweet! I'm thinking they bring back the deep voice guy that was crying so hard last night! The one that sang with the cowboy hat kid... (who probably shot himself in the foot by being a wackadoo in Hollywood).

They had a SERIOUS plethora of talent this year! WOW!!! I'm glad Colton and the curly headed kid got to come this year after being let go last year!

I'm having a hard time differentiating the girls just yet. There's some great talent out there!!!

Why did Steven leave his SOCKS ON?!!!! LOL!!!

26. Mama_Kim

I don't know but wasn't he cute! Ahhh, I love that man! :wub:

Oh and Deandre besides having wicked talent has some amazing hair. Wow.

27. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

He was cute!!!

28. Chrissy Nelson

He does doesn't he. Reminds of Prince just a bit with that voice. I do not like how he "whips his hair back and forth" ;)

I hope they bring back the guy with the deep voice. He seemed extremly crushed and it seemed to me the judges took him leaving a little hard. I love the young guy with the MJ type voice but he will not get very far.

I also really like the music teacher.

29. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I'm very curious!!

30. Mama_Kim

Brutal that 6 (7?) of the guys have to go home this week. They really have a great talent pool this year. Reed was amazing (although very similar to Casey from last year) but Joshua!! Wow. That voice is absolutely amazing. Was also happy it was Jermaine they brought back. He really is a Gentle Giant.

Never as excited about the girls. I hope they surprise me.

Steven was hilarious spoofing Jennifer's alleged nip slip! [​IMG]

31. Chrissy Nelson

I must of missed that!

Phillip Phillips- I really hate to like him because he reminds me of Dave Matthews. But man is he good.
    Reed Grimm- I kinda like him but I get that Taylor Hicks vibe from him.
    Joshua- What a talent!!! Love him.
    Jermaine- I am glad they brought him back and hope he stays.
    Jeremy- He is alright but he will get voted off.
    Heejun- I love him. I think his personality is great!!
    Eben- He might stay with the young girls vote.
    Creighten- I like him but know he will get voted off.
    Colton- He is one that I do feel could be a star.
    Chase- I hate country so much. I think he will get the boot.
    Adam- I like him but I think he will get the boot.
    Aaron- I really like him too.
    Deandre- I love that he has this Prince Vibe.

So I think going home will be Creighten, Deandre, Reed,Jeremy, Chase & Adam . I think alot of the guys that went first will be forgoten come voting time.

32. Mama_Kim

Depends on who votes, Chrissy. Deandre (simply angelic voice) seems to have lots of little fans. :lol: I hope Eben does not slide through on those same little fans. He's not ready. He has a nice tone to his voice but he doesn't project well yet.

Forgot to mention Phillip Phillips. I feel the same way! I get such a Dave Matthews vibe from him ( :bad: ) but I still kinda like him. He's interesting.

33. Chrissy Nelson

On Dial Idol they have Eben with the most votes.

34. Mama_Kim

:faint: This is what frustrates me about this show. I predict people who should stay will go home and vice versa. Oh well.

I love to youtube the contestants to see what they've done prior to Idol. So far I've only seen Deandre but oh wow, what a voice. At 17! It amazes me. I haven't gotten to the others yet.

35. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I thought Jermaine was a good choice from that group of people. I'm glad colorado cowboy wasn't the pick. He needs to gain a little control of himself first!

I was totally NOT getting Deandre and the hair and the falsetto.... didn't do it for me. He sounded off key most of the time. I had higher hopes for him.

Liked a few of them pretty well, but I'm really interested in seeing the girls! :D