2nd birthday party ideas and invitations ideas

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by lbzg, Feb 24, 2012.

1. lbzg

lbzg Well-Known Member

what have people done for a second bday party and any cute ideas for twin invitations?? party is in may!

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Our birthday parties have been small since the kids b-day is the day after Christmas. The parties are usually family only and for their 2nd b-day, we did a Yo Gabba Gabba theme---we ordered the supplies from Birthday Express. Our local supermarket was able to do a Yo Gabba Gabba themed sheet cake .
    We ordered pizza, my husband made roast beef sandwiches and we also served finger foods and salad.
    As for the invitations, I just used the ones that came with the theme pack.

3. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

We actually just had my daughter's 2nd birthday party yesterday. Just family (and it turned out to be even smaller than we thought because of some unfortunate illnesses going through the family). We did an Elmo theme because she has been obsessed with Elmo/Sesame Street for the last few weeks. I got her an Elmo balloon and Elmo invitations from Party City, a small Elmo sheet cake from a local grocery store, some soda, crackers, cookies, and my parents brought ice and strawberries. There were 4 other little girls there other than my daughter and, honestly, the strawberries went over a lot better than the cake with them. It's the adults that really like the cake. ;)