Game of Thrones season 2

Discussion in 'General' started by becasquared, Feb 26, 2012.

1. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

2. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:gah: We canceled HBO and DVR about a month ago to save money. I might have to re-order HBO just while GOT is on and then cancel it again.

3. becasquared

You know if you don't, you'll be kicking yourself. :)

4. becasquared

:bump:

It's getting close! Aimee, make sure you reorder HBO today!

http://www.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/index.html

5. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

When does it start? Guess I should finish reading the book.

6. becasquared

Sunday. 4/1/2012

7. ljcrochet

guess i need to read fast if i want to be ahead ot the show.

8. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I am so excited! Even though I read the book and my husband finally finished Clash of Kings (it only took him 6 months), I am trying to avoid all videos so I can be surprised by what I can be surprised by.
    But the commercials I have seen for this season look awesome. I thought I would have a hard time getting excited since Sean Bean won't be on anymore :cry: but no!
    The funny thing is, DH's boss has a countdown to the show and everyday he says to DH, "x amount of days until GoT!"

9. kingeomer

Did you all watch the premiere last night?

I thought it was well done considering all the stories they had to cram in one hour. DH said he thought it should have been at least 90 minutes rather than an hour.
    I continue to be amazed by how talented the young actors on this show are: Joffrey, Bran, Sansa, Arya (though we saw little of her last night). Robb Stark is also excellent too. Glad to see that we will see more of him and Jaime this season and that will be different then the second book.
    Tyrion is definitely going to have his work cut out for him in Kings Landing.
    As much as I can't stand Cersei, I dislike Littlefinger even more, so I was glad to see her threaten him.

10. AimeeThomp

Oh I reordered HBO just in time! It was such a big hoopla I wound up on the phone with Cox all day Friday but now I have it! (For free! For 12 months!) I am having friends over tonight for a GOT party, but I still watched the episode last night. I was distracted though, the kids were still awake, and I kept thinking that if I hadn't read the book I would be lost. Anyone watching who didn't read the book? I don't see how you would know who anyone is if you hadn't read the book. They sure are going to have to cram a lot in. I wonder if any story lines will be skipped or if they will chop it up in to more than one season or what.

11. ljcrochet

My DH was saying the same thing about if you didn't read the book you would be lost. I'm in the middle beginning of reading the book, but i think i had read everything that had happened in that episode.

12. becasquared

I didn't get to watch last night. :cry: I fell asleep. 3 hours of yardwork plus regular cleaning made me very sleepy. So we'll watch it tonight! :smilie_xmas_116:

13. kingeomer

I've read that supposedly next season (if there is a season 3) that they will take storylines from book 3 into two seasons. I wonder storylines will be skipped this season and I also wonder if some storylines for Robb and Jaime will be pushed up.

14. AimeeThomp

Isn't Brienne introduced in the second book? I can't wait to see her. :laughing: I wonder if they're going to use makeup to ugly someone up, or really hire a man, or what.

15. becasquared

Brienne is definitely prettier than I thought she would be, but pretty mannish when in costume.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/227044.html

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/interviews/game-of-thrones-season-2-has-masses-of-action-and-sword-fights/

16. becasquared

Okay, watched it last night and I hope that it's all just exposition and reminding people of who is doing what. Because it was booorrrrring.

17. kingeomer

I think they really tried hard to follow up on all the characters they could have plus introducing Stannis, Davos and Melisandre.

18. kingeomer

Anyone watch last night?
    Last night's episode was kind of "meh" for me. The best parts were with Tyrion, Cersei and Varys. I felt like the rest there was not enough time to really get invested in the storyline. Though what was the point of Littlefinger at the brothel???
    Peter Dinklage is really carrying this show on his back.

19. becasquared

I really have a problem with the introduced character, Theon's old girlfriend. She's not in the books, so why focus on her at all? :aggressive: Balons: I do like Theon's sister. I can't wait to see Aeron Damphair.
    Baratheons: I thought Gendry was with a "J" sound, not the hard "G".
    Lannisters: Tyrion is the shiz.
    Danerys: I don't know if they're focusing enough on her story, although it's hard to focus on someone who is in the desert.
    Varys: Seems a little sinister, I don't remember him being as in-your-face as he is coming across in the television series.
    Not a fan of Davos Seaworthy's kid, I know he's supposed to be a devout worshipper of R'hollor, but he's a bad actor.
    Gilly looks the part of NOT BEING PREGNANT! SHeesh, isn't she supposed to be very pregnant? Did I just miss something?

Spoilers:

I think the next episode will be good though, the Stannis/Melisandre shadow beast? Then Brienne!

20. kingeomer

And Margery Tyrell!
    Oh yeah! Plus it looks like Arya and company are going to be having to fight their battle too.
    I always thought Varys was more subtle in the book too. I was a little surprised that it was revealed that Joffrey ordered the deaths of Robert's illegitimate children. I always had it in my mind that Cersei was behind all that. I can't remember how it went down in the books, but I always blamed her.
    No need for Theon's ex, that scene seemed random or just to show how over confident Theon was getting now that he had the opportunity to go home.
    Yeah, Davos Jr. (or whatever his name is ) was not that good. A rare poor performance from someone on this show.

21. becasquared

Ahhh yeah, the Queen of Thorns!

I think it was Cersei in the books that ordered the deaths of all of the Robert's illegitimate children in order to not be able to prove that all of his offspring had black hair.

22. kingeomer

I thought so. I guess the show is trying to give her a little more sympathetic edit, or really show how little control over Joffrey she does have.

23. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

Finally caught up on the show. I have to say that I hate Joffrey. Shadow baby?? Ehat is up with that.

24. kingeomer

Joffrey is a turd...but the actor that plays him is wonderful...it takes a good actor to play someone so hateful.
    I thought the CGI was good with the shadow baby...though that had to be a weird scene to film.
    I have to say that I am totally loving Peter Dinklage and Richard Madden this season :wub:

25. becasquared

I haven't seen Sunday's episode yet, but Melisandre had her baby? Awesomeness.

26. Chrissy Nelson

I have not read the books so I am not sure what is going to happen with the shadow baby.

27. becasquared

Okay, I don't remember Joffrey and the whores in the book. And I don't remember another scene from the show being in the book. I understand that this is the series and not the book, but I feel that they are focusing too much on Margery and not enough on Cersei.

Chrissy, you're going to love the Shadow.

28. kingeomer

Bex, there were some differences. I don't recall Joffrey and the whores in the book either. I am guessing that they are using that to show his cruelty, rather then all the times he was cruel to Sansa because the actress that plays her is 15 or 16 in real life. And Arya was not Tywin's cup bearer at Harrenhal either...though I am curious about that change. Robb also doesn't fall for a medic.
    Did Margery and Littlefinger have interaction in the book? I don't remember that either. But it's been a while since I read it.

29. becasquared

I didn't think Arya was Tywin's cupbearer, I know she was Roose's eventually. Reading one of my favorite sites, they said that the medic's character was based on Jeyne, so I don't know if Jeyne is going to appear in the show. And yes, it was the Margary and Littlefinger talking that I couldn't remember.

That website is pretty awesome, they have chapter by chapter summaries of what happens in the book and they do the same for each episode of the series.

1 person likes this.
  30. becasquared

Chrissy! What did you think of the Shadow baby?

31. Chrissy Nelson

That shadow baby thing was creepy!! Talk about a shocker!! I am assuming that story is going to come back into play here soon.

The part at the very end with the burnt children bodies... was that the Lanister boy or the kids from the farm. Also why did that guy (the one being an ***) have that shocked look on his face?

Is it wrong that I want Jamie and his sister get back together, she seems to really love him.

32. AimeeThomp

I like how they're changing the show away from the books a little this season. Chrissy, I saw last night but was distracted and need to watch again, but I am positive they were not trying to portray that it was Lannister boys that were hanged. Don't want to say any more til I can see it again. I missed most of what went on with Theon last night.

33. Chrissy Nelson

Theon is a a$$.

Peter Dinklage was barely in it last night which was a huge bummer.

34. kingeomer

Yes it was.

I believe the boys were the kids on the farm. I really felt for Maester Luwin when he saw the children's bodies. Theon is a turd.

35. Chrissy Nelson

IDK I did enjoy when Theon found out that girl was his sister... GROSS!!