Pinterest Challenge

Discussion in 'General' started by ECUBitzy, Mar 7, 2012.

1. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

I don't know about the rest of you, but my Pinterest boards are quickly filling up with yummy recipes, cute DIY's, and activities for my kiddos. I'm pinning faster than I could ever try them all.

So I am challenging myself (and all of you!) to try at least one pin per week until the end of the month. I think I'm even going to go for two per week!

I'll check back in with links to my pin and a review of the food or a picture of my project (or whatever applies). Please jump on in and join me!

(We have no affiliation with Pinterest and we're not getting any benefits from doing this. I just thought it would be fun!)

2. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Good idea! I know I could gain about 50 lbs. quick if I try all the best looking stuff! LOL!!!

1 person likes this.
  3. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

Sounds fun! I'm currently working on an afghan and Easter dresses for the girls that I found on pinterest.

1 person likes this.
  4. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I've done things already.

These flowers are super duper easy and I wear my black one (attaching) all the time.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  5. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

I've done a bunch of recipes. I've been picking one a week. Great idea Steph!

1 person likes this.
  6. ECUBitzy

Those are adorable, Kendra!

We had this yumminess for dinner. So, SO good. The best part is that Paul didn't even notice the absence of meat. Woo!

7. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

This is a great idea! I'd accept your challenge in a heartbeat if this baby wasn't about to be born.

8. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I made this Garlic Chicken last night, I added butter to the oil and double the recipe since I made more chicken breasts than it recommended. My chicken breasts were frozen too so I cooked it a bit longer. It was SO good, and the extra butter made the sauce go furthur, so I spooned extra sauce onto the kids meat once it was cut up. I made Baked sweet potatoe's with it. Delish!

1 person likes this.
  9. ECUBitzy

I suppose you get a pass.. ;)

10. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I would love to do this next month! We are moving next week, can I get a pass too?? :blush:

I plan on taking on this project once we move: Repurposed dresser!

11. ECUBitzy

That's cute, Kate! Yep, you can have a pass if you post before and afters of that project!

12. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

I've actually made a few recipes already. Most recently I made this banana bread with a few modifications. I used 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 white sugar and my flour is whole wheat. My bananas probably weren't "ripe" enough but the kids didn't mind. It was also over cooked by a couple of minutes.

13. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

Oh man, I'm locked into it now! Gimme a couple weeks to get settled in, plus my husband is getting sent somewhere as soon as we get down there, ya know 'cause I won't be stressed enough. :wacko:

14. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I've made some amazing s'more cookies from there(and found another recipe I have.to.try), and I have my eyes set on a storage rack for dress up for the kids.

I want to be in....but my grandmother is not well. Maybe in a few weeks.

15. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I made these Chicken Pinwheels tonight. I used ham instead of chicken and even my daughter had seconds!!! Evan even ate it! :)

I made Mushroom Pull Apart Bread last weekend and LOVED it! Audrey kept coming downstairs during our adult movie (no, not *that* adult) to get some.

The week before I brought Sticky Bun Breakfast Ring to ECFE (Mommy/Me) class.

:D I'm totally addicted and all the recipes are neat and are working out!

16. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Jackie I just pinned all 3 of those recipies! Rachael Ray has done the stuffed bread before and it looks SO good!! I can't wait to try the chicken pinwheels too, maybe I can finally get my picky eater to eat some veggies in them! :p

1 person likes this.
  17. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I don't have the link handy but I have made the pepperoni rolls...very delicious.
    I'm going to give this shot!

18. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

So far this week I've done this easy bird feeder with the girls (Riley was sick last week, starting to feel better this week but still not well enough to go out & do anything - this was a simple, low key activity that was perfect to keep her entertained without wearing her out), made this delicious pasta dish, and tried this coffee cake in a mug (which unfortunately was not nearly as good as I hoped it would be).

I also tried this tip for prolonging the shelf life of fresh berries (so far, so good).

I :wub: Pinterest! ;)

And great idea Stephanie! You`re on. :p

19. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

Easy enough for me to do. I've only ever pinned 46 things ever, and half of those are probably Aerosmith / Steven Tyler pictures. :lol: Pinterest is overrated. :p (Or under utilized by me. <--- More likely!) I did try a recipe for Grapefruit margaritas once. And several of the other recipes I've pinned because I have made them already.

I am a Pinterest fail. :eek:

20. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm forgetting that Saturday I made peanut butter cup banana bread (oh boy was it good!) and now that I use practically a roll of toilet paper a day ;) I will totally make the bird feeders Rachel linked. I love Pintrest!

21. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

Oh, I didn't add links.

I'm making the afghan with the Circle of Friends block here, but in a variety of bright and funky colors, each block different. I have about 30 squares done.

And the Easter dresses are from here... But I'm lousy at shirring, so I used elastic. And I did ruffled tiers instead of gathering at the waist. The dresses are done and I'm working on the overlays... a little more work since they don't give you the starting pattern and I had to draft my own (with some trial and error).

We did a lot more for Christmas, but that's what I'm working on right now.

22. MNTwinSquared

The 'ham' pinwheels were a hit. Audrey had seconds!! They were good!

23. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

This No Bake Treat has been a success for 3 out of 4 kids (the 4th hasn't eaten hers yet). My 5 yo loved helping me mash up the bananas and stirring it all up. I did leave out the dried fruit as that would have been shot down by the oldest child.

24. ECUBitzy

That looks so good!

25. ECUBitzy

I tried this tonight and it was delish! I discovered too late that my sweet potatoes had gone bad, but I bet that was an awesome combo.

26. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

What kind of dough did you use?

They look delicious!

27. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

I made Snickerdoodle Bread for a bake sale Rick's office was having, and everyone raved.

28. MNTwinSquared

Umm... Pilbury biscuits. They were a little bit of a challenge to get rolled out. Some of them had more dough than others! They were what I had on hand.

29. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

In the end it ended up staying 3 out of 4 as my oldest just said "eh." She didn't find them horrible, but she wasn't going to be fighting over the rest of them.

30. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Oh good, I was thinking of using the crescent roll pre made doth and wanted to see if that kind of dough worked okay. They look great!

31. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

I made this today. I think I used more biscuits than I was supposed to and my flute pan is not a bunt pan but rather a separated outer/inner ring. I am so glad I thought to put a second pan in to catch any liquid that escaped because it sure did leak. I also didn't have them touching the inner part of the pan and that edge of the biscuit didn't cook all the way through. Even with my errors, this received a 3 out of 4 by the kids. The fourth kid doesn't really count though as he does not like our maple syrup on anything. I was hoping he wouldn't notice it.

32. MNTwinSquared

I put my daughter's hair up with this Hairstyle last week and then today I modified it to around her face for a birthday party. I'm impressed with myself! :)

33. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I can't wait to see the picture of your DD's hair.

34. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

Yay! Pinterest win for me! I made The Pioneer Woman's restaurant style salsa to accompany our pork carnitas tonight. Excellent!! [​IMG]

35. MNTwinSquared

[​IMG]
    Looked better in person! LOL

1 person likes this.